Charlton | Page 4 | Vital Football

Charlton

Fair play to Charlton. Better on the day on the whole. Doesn't make it any easier to cope with. Praying for a draw at Hull and a Fulham loss.

Draws in Hull Luton and Fulham Sheff Wed, would likely mean the final day would be against a weakened Fulham. Otherwise we will face the Fulham first team. We have gone 18 games without beating them stretching back to 2007.

Bollocks ,still possible with some more twists in this league yet.
Started off reasonably well and then it was mostly them once they had equalised after 10mins so we cant complain about the draw.

If it wearnt for Morsy we would be below Barnsley with the point deduction, the guy is a true latics legend.

Let’s see what happens in the other games before we get too down. I still think that Marshall save could be crucial and today’s point could be crucial. We have to give Charlton credit, they did a job on us and made us change to three at the back to match up with them. We were always going to struggle then as that is not our normal formation. Credit for the boys for standing up to so much pressure, just a shame we couldn’t see it through. Charlton will more gutted than us as they threw the kitchen sink at us. I don’t think Leeds are going to be as easy a touch as some people think. Their manager is too professional and there is too much at stake at the bottom.

I’ve no argument with the result today. Just felt inevitable the longer the match went on and given everything that’s occurred this month it feels like a final kick in the bollocks. Let’s see the state of play at 5, but I fear it’s down to the independent commission.

Without wanting to be negative I said in an earlier post a few weeks ago I feared we didn't have enough games left to pull back the 12 pts if we had had 3 more games we could have done it but I think we may fall 1 win short which is a tragedy for everyone associated with the club.
Now Fulham with everything to play for on Wednesday are going to be even harder to beat.
The only way I see us surviving is if Hull and Luton draw today and then both draw or lose there last games and we get a draw .

Shit Luton just scored. 1-0. We need to win against Fulham now and hope that Luton or Charlton slip up.

Was always going to happen, Wigan never get the luck. There will be some happy men away from England today. Up to justice to be served for the appeal now. No insolvency no point deduction.

Beat Fulham and fucking hope for the best. All we can ask. Not going to put myself through the mental gymnastics of possibilities if everyone else does X Y or Z. Just win. All I want.

Beat Fulham and fucking hope for the best. All we can ask. Not going to put myself through the mental gymnastics of possibilities if everyone else does X Y or Z. Just win. All I want.
To be fair it’s a simple equation now. Beat Fulham and hope Charlton or Luton don’t win. That’s the only way we can stay up.

Reactions: GSM
Let’s see what happens in the other games before we get too down. I still think that Marshall save could be crucial and today’s point could be crucial. We have to give Charlton credit, they did a job on us and made us change to three at the back to match up with them. We were always going to struggle then as that is not our normal formation. Credit for the boys for standing up to so much pressure, just a shame we couldn’t see it through. Charlton will more gutted than us as they threw the kitchen sink at us. I don’t think Leeds are going to be as easy a touch as some people think. Their manager is too professional and there is too much at stake at the bottom.

So many long balls from Charlton. They deserve to go down. Hopefully, they will and we won't. Fulham do let goals in, so, as long as we nullify their attacking threats, we may have a chance.

I've been having a long chat with a QC that lives in our village and he had a look at the evidence gathered by latics fans and also statements by the EFL,He said that at worst we will be given A six point penalty and he would be surprised if legal discussions hadn't already taken place to facilitate this! Iam certain we will be ok

I've been having a long chat with a QC that lives in our village and he had a look at the evidence gathered by latics fans and also statements by the EFL,He said that at worst we will be given A six point penalty and he would be surprised if legal discussions hadn't already taken place to facilitate this! Iam certain we will be ok

On what basis? Why 6pts?
I would have thought it was/ should be 12pts or zero due to the circumstances?

On what basis? Why 6pts?
I would have thought it was/ should be 12pts or zero due to the circumstances?
It's a face saving exercise Sid,The EFL can still claim to be doing something,thats why he says discussions will already be taking place!