Charlton | Page 2 | Vital Football

Charlton

This is very very nerve jangling.

I feel as though we should be losing but we somehow in a cracking position to win this.
Come on lads keep it tight.

Really tough half, Charlton have tactically been very good and very effectively limited us while posing lots of threat themselves. We've not been allowed to play to our strengths and it is effecting our confidence and forcing us into errors. Charlton clearly came into the game with a game plan and despite the score line have executed it very well.

Think we are a little lucky to be in the lead but you'll take that all day. There is almost certainly more goals in this and with Charlton bench full of creative and attacking players I can see them coming on really strong in the 2nd half. Could be the Alamo if we aren't careful.

Brentford losing which potentially opens up 2nd spot to Fulham on the final day so even more important we get 3 points today.

Come on Wigan.

Charlton team in - their fans saying they've left all their creativity on the bench so looks like they are looking to keep it tight and battle and then have attacking options to bring on later when legs are tired.

Spot on that.
Long balls out wide into quite large gaps with Robinson so far forward.
Aggressive / Physical man to man coverage like Cardiff under Warnock (before they were promoted).
Our Captain is looking superb again.

Really tough half, Charlton have tactically been very good and very effectively limited us while posing lots of threat themselves. We've not been allowed to play to our strengths and it is effecting our confidence and forcing us into errors. Charlton clearly came into the game with a game plan and despite the score line have executed it very well.

Think we are a little lucky to be in the lead but you'll take that all day. There is almost certainly more goals in this and with Charlton bench full of creative and attacking players I can see them coming on really strong in the 2nd half. Could be the Alamo if we aren't careful.

Brentford losing which potentially opens up 2nd spot to Fulham on the final day so even more important we get 3 points today.

Come on Wigan.
We absolutley need another goal or ill have a heart attack. Looking at dowell theres not many better players im the league, outstanding player who has that ability to get goals in a similar way jordi gomez would. Just completely out of the blue his positioning is outstanding

They'll score again no doubt about it on that showing. We need a third goal! Every one of these games are knocking five years off my life expectancy. I cannot take much more. Ten years ago, my body was strong enough to take the likes of West Ham/Stoke and Sheff Utd before that. It's not the same now! I feel sick every Charlton attack.

Big save from Marshall that when their guy was clean through. Could look back on that as being the save that kept us up. Charlton haven’t let us play but we have better quality and can play better. Come on boys!!!

This match doesn’t finish 1-2.

We’ve not been great but we know we can score. Forget hanging on, that’s not happening, need to be positive and get another 2 or 3.

Charlton subs very attack minded. Big physical presence and pace up top in Aneke and play maker in Williams to carve out the openings. Expect pace from Green and trickery from McGeady to be imminent. Batten down the hatches.

This is now a team with nothing to lose attacking vs one with everything to lose defending. Physiologically it's so hard to get back in control of a game in these circumstances.

If Charlton get one they'll get a winner. Need to defend well now and have to hope we can get a lucky break.