Category 1 | Page 5 | Vital Football

Category 1

He's been owner for 4 years, applications are made on a 3 year cycle.

Nearly correct.

The audit takes place on the third anniversary but the actual audit process, which takes a full year to carry out, commences the year prior.

EM would not have been in charge when the audit process commenced.

And even if he had been in charge, it would have been pointless applying after the carnage Billy Davies left behind.

Or a senile old **** not to take any FL owner with a pinch of salt. DT is a respected journalist and has reservations for a reason.

Unfortunately Danny's standards have slipped.

Not content with taking American coin, he how has to indulge in American style fiction; and all because of his lovers tiff with Johnny Owens.

It would have been.

Although the audit cycle is once every three years, the audit process takes nearly a full year to complete.

Our application for Cat 1 would have commenced well over a year ago.
So, to recap, we are saying that Nigel Doughty decided to pass on the single most important development in academy football since our academy was founded 5 years before he was chairman, and that that decision to limit us to Cat 2 has effectively put us a decade behind our local rivals.

Is that about the size of it?

No, because of course ND had no knowledge of the plans at all. He missed that email and follow up meeting

The first year he hardly had his feet under the table and was also in court with the previous owner.

Hes been effective in planning for the last 3 years, as Gary Brazil acknowledges and the award pays testament to.

Lol so he could have but didn't...not quite your opening gambit.

So, to recap, we are saying that Nigel Doughty decided to pass on the single most important development in academy football since our academy was founded 5 years before he was chairman, and that that decision to limit us to Cat 2 has effectively put us a decade behind our local rivals.

Is that about the size of it?

If I remember correctly, Mark Arthur was the one who took part in all of the discussions, but Doughty effectively but the block on Cat 1 when he withdrew funding during the season prior to Eppp commencing.

Honestly you're embarrassing yourself here CP.

ND was a huge failure, took us to the third tier, loaded debt on to the company, failed to plan for the future and his family sold us to a complete incompetent.

Marinakis on the other hand is doing just as well on the pitch as your hero, let's not forget it took him 10 years to provide a bit of excitement, is dipping in his own pocket and at the first reasonable opportunity has got us Cat 1 status.

Honestly you're embarrassing yourself here CP.

ND was a huge failure, took us to the third tier, loaded debt on to the company, failed to plan for the future and his family sold us to a complete incompetent.

Marinakis on the other hand is doing just as well on the pitch as your hero, let's not forget it took him 10 years to provide a bit of excitement, is dipping in his own pocket and at the first reasonable opportunity has got us Cat 1 status.

Second opportunity
No play-offs
Relegation battles

ND structured the debt that way but the burden wasn't ultimately placed on the club.

Get it you don't like ND and as I said lots of mistakes, he admitted so himself.

Is there really much point arguing about which owner is/ was the least shit?

They're all completely fucking diabolical and I wish none of them had ever even heard of Nottingham Forest.

5 day audit...

Now post something contradictory

Why dont you read it again for god sake?

"The licence has initially been granted on a one-year conditional basis with a five-day standards audit to follow in the forthcoming season."

A five day audit is to follow during the coming season, once the outstanding work has been completed.

The audit process runs over a three year cycle for a reason:

Step 1 is a yearly self assessment audit carried out by the Academy Manager

Step 2 is an evaluation which takes place over the year and is conducted by the Leagues Club support managers and the Academy manager

This will then form an annual report which determines which Category the Club will attain.

Step 3. is the final audit carried out by the Independent Standards Organisation who provide the classification to the Club and the Professional Game Board.

I have a copy of the Elite Player Performance Plan from my new mate at the Academy.

Probably a decent thing then if we start seeing our youth teams getting dicked each week- they'll learn from the higher standard and greater competition and the experiences should pay dividends in 5 years or so

Having focussed on the Under 23s I lost track of how the Under 18s did last season; they finished bottom of their Division.

I think that can be put down to the constant churn of players; the good ones get fast tracked to the U23 team and younger players take their place.

Why dont you read it again for god sake?

"The licence has initially been granted on a one-year conditional basis with a five-day standards audit to follow in the forthcoming season."

A five day audit is to follow during the coming season, once the outstanding work has been completed.

The audit process runs over a three year cycle for a reason:

Step 1 is a yearly self assessment audit carried out by the Academy Manager

Step 2 is an evaluation which takes place over the year and is conducted by the Leagues Club support managers and the Academy manager

This will then form an annual report which determines which Category the Club will attain.

Step 3. is the final audit carried out by the Independent Standards Organisation who provide the classification to the Club and the Professional Game Board.

I have a copy of the Elite Player Performance Plan from my new mate at the Academy.

And the audit 5 days days, not one year. Read it again lol or have someone read it to you.