Category 1 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Category 1

Excellent news, the last few years the academy has been the only bit of good news, it’s also funded the retirement of many an over the hill injury prone player. Hopefully we can actually keep some of the decent players.

Let's not be a ****** with how we speak about someone who has passed away.

A) my first post which you chose to ignore was unequivocal in it's praise

B) since you're such an expert why not list exactly what ND did and what EM is doing for you to make the comparison.

We all know you haven't a fucking clue and you'll need Mao to answer for you.
Oh right. Which bit of my post was abusive or offensive to the late Mr Doughty?

In fact I am picking up on a discussion the two of us had about a month ago on exactly this topic, in which I argued that your representation of Doughty's influence on the academy (which already existed and produced it's best and most profitable players both before and after he was chairman) was a bit inflated.

I also pointed out to you that, were the current owner to make us category 1, he could actually be considered to have achieved just as much for the academy, if not more; an argument you didn't seem to dispute at the time.

I'm not going to make that list because I made this exact set of arguments with you then.

Not sure what Mao has to do with this; you can have your own overly emotional, expletive filled discussion with him if you like

This is great news.
In fact, it seems like the first time we've had a really strong foundation on which to build a good football club. Everything in the last 20 years has always seemed so temporary. Nowadays the team and the managers get completely replaced every couple of years. The academy has been ticking along very nicely but Cat 1 is a huge deal.
My dream is for Forest to have a single manager for 5 years so our first team can have a settled style of football; to have our academy players trained to play the way the first team does; and to have quality academy players ready for the first team by the age of 20. This could be the start of it, and for me that is how you build a successful club.
Obviously most of that is a pipe dream, but hopefully with cat 1 there will be some more incentive to put the rest in place.

Oh right. Which bit of my post was abusive or offensive to the late Mr Doughty?

In fact I am picking up on a discussion the two of us had about a month ago on exactly this topic, in which I argued that your representation of Doughty's influence on the academy (which already existed and produced it's best and most profitable players both before and after he was chairman) was a bit inflated.

I also pointed out to you that, were the current owner to make us category 1, he could actually be considered to have achieved just as much for the academy, if not more; an argument you didn't seem to dispute at the time.

I'm not going to make that list because I made this exact set of arguments with you then.

Not sure what Mao has to do with this; you can have your own overly emotional, expletive filled discussion with him if you like

Because

A) You're clueless

B) this is a conditional licence for 1 year, absolutely nothing has been built beyond offices for EM.

You decided to being ND into this for some reason but as you did one built the academy, the other has some plans to improve it. If those plans come to fruition we can have this discussion, right now they haven't.

Because

A) You're clueless

B) this is a conditional licence for 1 year, absolutely nothing has been built beyond offices for EM.

You decided to being ND into this for some reason but as you did one built the academy, the other has some plans to improve it. If those plans come to fruition we can have this discussion, right now they haven't.
Who cares what has been built?

Why are you suddenly obsessed with bricks and mortar?

How likely do you think it is that Forest will fail to gain a permanent license? Has anyone blown it before?

What expertise do you have on academies?

Not claiming any myself, but consider whose real life job is closer before dressing yourself as some kind of expert

Who cares what has been built?

Why are you suddenly obsessed with bricks and mortar?

How likely do you think it is that Forest will fail to gain a permanent license? Has anyone blown it before?

What expertise do you have on academies?

Not claiming any myself, but consider whose real life job is closer before dressing yourself as some kind of expert

You're the one who made an equivalency...so to be clear in your mind a 1 year conditional licence is as important as actually building the academy.

How do you think they got the licence lol because of the academy ND built and the subsequent excellent work by GB and Co.

As I said excellent news but let's see if we actually build the necessary facilities. Several other clubs have also been granted licences today.

You're the one who made an equivalency...so to be clear in your mind a 1 year conditional licence is as important as actually building the academy.

How do you think they got the licence lol because of the academy ND built and the subsequent excellent work by GB and Co.

As I said excellent news but let's see if we actually build the necessary facilities. Several other clubs have also been granted licences today.
Nigel Doughty didn't build the academy.

It existed for years before Doughty was involved in the club, let alone chairman (which was 2002). Jenas, Reid, Williams, Prutton, Dawson were all at the Academy pre-Doughty's chairmanship. You are obsessed with the building of some bricks and mortar.

This is about status, not facilities. A club like forest needs the status before we can commit to the facilities.

Again, how many clubs have had this provisional status and blown it?

Well, well well!

Cat 1

And a first mention for Chris Brass

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/...Secures-Category-1-Status-For-2021-22-Season/

Nottingham Forest are delighted to confirm that the club has secured a conditional licence to operate a Category 1 Academy for the 2021-22 season.

Category 1 is the highest classification awarded to an Academy within the English professional game. Clubs with Category 1 status include Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City and many other leading clubs in the Premier League.

The club’s U23 and U18 teams will now enter the elite academy games programme for next season, including Premier League 2 and cup competitions.

Chairman Nicholas Randall, QC, said: “This is a very important development for the long-term future of the club.

“The academy is fundamental to the footballing strategy of the club and is a priority for the Board. To see the likes of Joe Worrall, Ryan Yates and Alex Mighten playing regularly in the first team demonstrates the success of our Academy. Category 1 status is the next step in developing more elite footballers.

“The club is extremely grateful to Mr Marinakis for his continued financial investments in the infrastructure of the club. It is the owner’s personal commitment to such strategic initiatives that has made this possible.

“This milestone is also a testament to the tireless work of Gary Brazil and the outstanding efforts of Chris McGuane, Andy Reid and many others.”

Gary Brazil, Director of Football Development, said: “I am thrilled that we have achieved Category 1 status for next season.

“The current and future investments in facilities by Mr Marinakis will take us to another level. It is a fantastic opportunity for the club and it will be really exciting for the staff and players to challenge themselves at the elite end of academy football.

“The benefits include playing better quality teams in the games programme and access to youth grant funding. It will also help us to keep providing elite talent for our first team and ensure we provide opportunities for players in and around Nottinghamshire to become professional footballers.

“We have established a strong recruitment staff and this will be another string to the bow of Chris Brass and his team to continue to attract and retain the very best talent.

“I would like to thank all the Academy staff, especially Chris McGuane, for their work in securing the licence. It has been an extremely rigorous process so far and has been a joint effort across the club from the owner, the Board and all the staff”

The Category 1 licence has been awarded following an assessment of the Academy by the Professional Game Academy Audit Company (PGAAC). The PGAAC was established by the Premier League, EFL and The FA to provide independent quality assurance to club academies as part of the game’s drive to produce more and better homegrown players.

The licence has initially been granted on a one-year conditional basis with a five-day standards audit to follow in the forthcoming season.
Great news. Looking forward to seeing how this develops and what benefits it can bring. The academy has been punching above its weight so let's see if it really flies now. Being a forest fan, I'm fearful that it will disrupt the processes and screw everything up - lol.

Nigel Doughty didn't build the academy.

It existed for years before Doughty was involved in the club, let alone chairman (which was 2002). Jenas, Reid, Williams, Prutton, Dawson were all at the Academy pre-Doughty's chairmanship. You are obsessed with the building of some bricks and mortar.

This is about status, not facilities. A club like forest needs the status before we can commit to the facilities.

Again, how many clubs have had this provisional status and blown it?

Lmao that you don't value Infrastructure shows just how delusional you are.