Category 1 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Category 1

You made a stupid statement, you couldn't answer a simple question. Sometimes you post worthwhile stuff, other times you make Paz seem a shining intellectual.
I don't actually think you have asked a question. Perhaps you use the "you can't even answer a simple question" line so often than you can't even remember whether you actually asked one or not.

What I do know is that you have conveniently ignored every question and point I have made, and resorted to abuse instead.

Go you

I don't actually think you have asked a question. Perhaps you use the "you can't even answer a simple question" line so often than you can't even remember whether you actually asked one or not.

What I do know is that you have conveniently ignored every question and point I have made, and resorted to abuse instead.

Go you

You said ND's and EM's contribution to the academy were the same. I asked you to list what each had done to reach that conclusion. You've not answered.

Though later in you've shown your own ignorance about capital investment so no surprises there.

You said ND's and EM's contribution to the academy were the same. I asked you to list what each had done to reach that conclusion. You've not answered.

Though later in you've shown your own ignorance about capital investment so no surprises there.
As I said, this was a discussion we had a month ago. You had no answer then, you've got no answer now.

Marinakis's contribution so far https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/green-light-extension-forests-training-3608287

So, new manager's office, expanded space for sports science and massage and scouting. Not exactly revolutionary, but not quite the "some offices" you made it out to be.

There also seems to be this in the pipeline https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/nottingham-forest-academy-west-bridgford-4845676

And now the Cat 1.

I'm not saying it's a lot

But you know something?

I'm having a devil of a time finding any documented evidence of what Nigel Doughty actually did.

He didn't found the academy- that happened in 1997, two years before Doughty's first investment in the club and 5 before he became chairman; of course, we had a highly productive youth set up for years (decades actually) before that.

I cannot find a single article about the building of the academy buildings, beyond the first team training facility built in 2011.

I know ther ware buildings at Wilford Lane; I don't know which ones were built under Doughty and I cannot prove how many were built with his, rather than club, money. The best I can find is this description by the Athletic;

On a wall of the modest building that houses the youth team at the Nigel Doughty Academy, there are a host of pictures.

What I can, and have said repeatedly, is that Mr Doughty did not found the academy; it was extremely successful before he ever set foot in the club.

Jenas, Reid, Harewood, Dawson (X3), Williams, Prutton, Wright-Phillips all came through an academy that had no influence from Doughty.

Mr Doughty oversaw some capital investment. I can't find any evidence of what. But your presentation of him as a founder and spiritual leader is dubious at best

Bit confused. We have no site yet but planning has been granted? Not trying to be funny at all just interested in the detail.

The current site has no Education centre which is mandatory for all Category 1 clubs; the planning permission is to get the site up to standard.

As the site is not currently within spec an interim Cat 1 award has been granted; this gives the club time to get the work done.

Running concurrently in the background are attempts to secure a new site.

We are not in a position to wait until a site has been found because of how the Cat 1 appraisals are carried out; miss this window and we wait for the next one in 2024

Lmao that you don't value Infrastructure shows just how delusional you are.

As a matter of interest what infrastructure work did Doughty carry out and in which set of accounts was the work recorded in?

The Academy was built in 1997 by the way, way before Doughty's tenure.

It was commissioned by Irvine Korn and Paul Hart was brought in to run it.

That's probably a bit before your time though.

As I said, this was a discussion we had a month ago. You had no answer then, you've got no answer now.

Marinakis's contribution so far https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/green-light-extension-forests-training-3608287

So, new manager's office, expanded space for sports science and massage and scouting. Not exactly revolutionary, but not quite the "some offices" you made it out to be.

There also seems to be this in the pipeline https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/nottingham-forest-academy-west-bridgford-4845676

And now the Cat 1.

I'm not saying it's a lot

But you know something?

I'm having a devil of a time finding any documented evidence of what Nigel Doughty actually did.

He didn't found the academy- that happened in 1997, two years before Doughty's first investment in the club and 5 before he became chairman; of course, we had a highly productive youth set up for years (decades actually) before that.

I cannot find a single article about the building of the academy buildings, beyond the first team training facility built in 2011.

I know ther ware buildings at Wilford Lane; I don't know which ones were built under Doughty and I cannot prove how many were built with his, rather than club, money. The best I can find is this description by the Athletic;

On a wall of the modest building that houses the youth team at the Nigel Doughty Academy, there are a host of pictures.

What I can, and have said repeatedly, is that Mr Doughty did not found the academy; it was extremely successful before he ever set foot in the club.

Jenas, Reid, Harewood, Dawson (X3), Williams, Prutton, Wright-Phillips all came through an academy that had no influence from Doughty.

Mr Doughty oversaw some capital investment. I can't find any evidence of what. But your presentation of him as a founder and spiritual leader is dubious at best

Offices for EM and tweeking the buildings ND built...

I don't present him as anything, you brought him up as you and Mao frequently do. Mao because it distracts from EM, you because you've a bee in your bonnet about him which you can't let go.

As a matter of interest what infrastructure work did Doughty carry out and in which set of accounts was the work recorded in?

The Academy was built in 1997 by the way, way before Doughty's tenure.

It was commissioned by Irvine Korn and Paul Hart was brought in to run it.

That's probably a bit before your time though.

I'm well aware when the academy began, that wasn't the conversation but congrats on not being able to follow as usual.

You cannot answer the question so its revert to patronising drivel.

Well done

Sigh!

You're as capable of going through accounts as I am. Is your contention then that ND made no capital investment during his time at the club? Happy to bet with the usual terms...

Well, well well!

Cat 1

And a first mention for Chris Brass

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/...Secures-Category-1-Status-For-2021-22-Season/

Nottingham Forest are delighted to confirm that the club has secured a conditional licence to operate a Category 1 Academy for the 2021-22 season.

Category 1 is the highest classification awarded to an Academy within the English professional game. Clubs with Category 1 status include Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City and many other leading clubs in the Premier League.

The club’s U23 and U18 teams will now enter the elite academy games programme for next season, including Premier League 2 and cup competitions.

Chairman Nicholas Randall, QC, said: “This is a very important development for the long-term future of the club.

“The academy is fundamental to the footballing strategy of the club and is a priority for the Board. To see the likes of Joe Worrall, Ryan Yates and Alex Mighten playing regularly in the first team demonstrates the success of our Academy. Category 1 status is the next step in developing more elite footballers.

“The club is extremely grateful to Mr Marinakis for his continued financial investments in the infrastructure of the club. It is the owner’s personal commitment to such strategic initiatives that has made this possible.

“This milestone is also a testament to the tireless work of Gary Brazil and the outstanding efforts of Chris McGuane, Andy Reid and many others.”

Gary Brazil, Director of Football Development, said: “I am thrilled that we have achieved Category 1 status for next season.

“The current and future investments in facilities by Mr Marinakis will take us to another level. It is a fantastic opportunity for the club and it will be really exciting for the staff and players to challenge themselves at the elite end of academy football.

“The benefits include playing better quality teams in the games programme and access to youth grant funding. It will also help us to keep providing elite talent for our first team and ensure we provide opportunities for players in and around Nottinghamshire to become professional footballers.

“We have established a strong recruitment staff and this will be another string to the bow of Chris Brass and his team to continue to attract and retain the very best talent.

“I would like to thank all the Academy staff, especially Chris McGuane, for their work in securing the licence. It has been an extremely rigorous process so far and has been a joint effort across the club from the owner, the Board and all the staff”

The Category 1 licence has been awarded following an assessment of the Academy by the Professional Game Academy Audit Company (PGAAC). The PGAAC was established by the Premier League, EFL and The FA to provide independent quality assurance to club academies as part of the game’s drive to produce more and better homegrown players.

The licence has initially been granted on a one-year conditional basis with a five-day standards audit to follow in the forthcoming season.

You would hope that puts to bed some of the more snidey comments towards the owner. Rome wasnt built in a day and he hasnt got cloughie. Some things havent worked like recruitment, we are still waiting for other things like a new stand but this does unperpin maranakis' commitment to forest. I dont see any reason we shouldnt be fully supportive of the owner.

You would hope that puts to bed some of the more snidey comments towards the owner. Rome wasnt built in a day and he hasnt got cloughie. Some things havent worked like recruitment, we are still waiting for other things like a new stand but this does unperpin maranakis' commitment to forest. I dont see any reason we shouldnt be fully supportive of the owner.
I still support the owners to a point, and this is great news, but the blame for the disaster of last season sits squarely on their shoulders imo.
The indecisiveness around Lamouchi last summer, and the associated wasteful recruitment has set the club back a long way and that is the main reason we need such a massive rebuild this Summer.
Hopefully they can approach it in a more competent manner this time.

You're as capable of going through accounts as I am. Is your contention then that ND made no capital investment during his time at the club? Happy to bet with the usual terms...

I made no such contention.

I was out of the Country between 1997 and 2006 so I am unaware of what he did and when.

Maybe you could list some of the projects which took place; there must be some if only on the grounds of ensuring the Club was H & S compliant.

The question is how much work was carried out?

It should but it wont.

Cat 1 means the EM has to commit £2 minimum to run it each year, which is not an insignificant amount; not that he has been shy as far as putting his hand in his pocket has been concerned.

His mistakes so far have cost him a lot of money; money he has stumped up, not loaded on the the club as debt.

They will not get recruitment right until two things happen:

1. There is a standardised approach which covers every level of the club from first team through to under age.

Gary Brazil is now in charge of things for the whole club and he must be allowed time to put his team in place (Chris Brass got his first mention yesterday); some of the recruitment for the U23s and U18s has been outstanding, that needs to be replicated at first team level.

2, A manager is given a period of time to get things right on the pitch - all of the clubs which are held up as shining examples have one thing in common, they do not fire their managers every ten minutes.

We have the best manager we could probably hope for; he now needs to be supported.