Aston Villa v Bristol City - Match Thread - Sat 13th April, 3pm | Page 12 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Bristol City - Match Thread - Sat 13th April, 3pm

Anyone else seen that video on Twitter of Tuanzebe belting out "VILLA VILLA VILLA" with the crowd? Goosebumps! Very rare to see players do stuff like that. I had a feeling we'd still get the win even after the news of Jack being ill came out. There isn't one player in that team who lacks confidence at the moment, they're absolutely flying. One thing that is so important is that we keep the winning mentality and feel-good factor around the club. Last year we sort of just stumbled over the line before the Boro semi-final. The good thing is that Dean Smith will be banging on about not losing focus, we won't get complacent.

Oh and their manager is a right nob. That is all.

I must take a lot of the credit for this. After joining the forum in June last year we found new billionaire owners, signed John Mcginn and was instrumental in getting one of our own the top job. The rest They say is history and I expect to be offered an admin position sometime in the very near future
Sorry OVB, but this run coincided with my first visit to England and Villa Park in two years for the Derby game... :wagging::wagging::wahey::wahey:

Sorry OVB, but this run coincided with my first visit to England and Villa Park in two years for the Derby game... :wagging::wagging::wahey::wahey:

Nope. When all were consumed with negative despair, it was me who said we'll make the playoffs, believe :bow:

If I was a mean nasty type of person I'd remind you of it and say I told you so :grinning:

Villa Park is rocking like it was 1975 all over again. We are walking with McGinn. Villa made a Bristol City side that was on a great run look like a pub team at times and all without Super Jack.

My player ratings for what they are worth.

Steer 7 Didn't have a lot to do which has become the norm since his inclusion in the side. He is the sweeper keeper I like.

Elmo 7 Solid game got forward got back did his job well.

Axle T 7 Looked like he'd never been away, cool under pressure never put a foot wrong,

The Jedi 8 He's sat on the bench for months and come in for Mings and played so well we never missed Mings at all. Awesome performance from the big bearded Aussie.

Taylor 7 The confidence is coming back and he had his best ever game in a Villa shirt.

Whelan 7.5 Another good game from our stand in Captain, solid as a granite rock in that defensive midfield role.

Hourihane 7 Did very little outside the box but to his credit, he won us a Penalty and scored the second. Missed 3 sitters but he was in there to miss them.

Super John McGinn 8 Normal game for SJM, I think he runs on kinetic energy. Words fail me just unbelievable at times. Deserved a goal for all that effort

Albert 7 Unlucky not to score that header off the post solid game if unspectacular.

Tammy 6 Not one of his better games but showed the bottle to take the Penalty.

El Ghazi 9 I thought the lad was unplayable at times more than made up for the missing Jack, Controversial but my MOTM

Subs

Davis 7 Big strong lad came on and bullied the Bristol defence unlucky not to score. , he held the ball up really well.

Lansbury 6 Not really on long enough but looked lively and up for it

Coach Deano 8, First Villa Manager to win 8 on the bounce since Lord Ron in 1975, say no more

Villa Park is rocking like it was 1975 all over again. We are walking with McGinn. Villa made a Bristol City side that was on a great run look like a pub team at times and all without Super Jack.

Steer 7 Didn't have a lot to do which has become the norm since his inclusion in the side. He is the sweeper keeper I like.

Axle T 7 Looked like he'd never been away, cool under pressure never put a foot wrong,

The Jedi 8 He's sat on the bench for months and come in for Mings and played so well we never missed Mings at all. Awesome performance from the big bearded Aussie.

Taylor 7 The confidence is coming back and he had his best ever game in a Villa shirt.

Whelan 7.5 Another good game from our stand in Captain, solid as a granite rock in that defensive midfield role.

Hourihane 7 Did very little outside the box but to his credit, he won us a Penalty and scored the second. Missed 3 sitters but he was in there to miss them.

Super John McGinn 8 Normal game for SJM, I think he runs on kinetic energy. Words fail me just unbelievable at times. Deserved a goal for all that effort

Albert 7 Unlucky not to score that header off the post solid game if unspectacular.

El Ghazi 9 I thought the lad was unplayable at times more than made up for the missing Jack, Controversial but my MOTM

Subs

Davis 7 Big strong lad came on and bullied the Bristol defence unlucky not to score. , he held the ball up really well.

Coach Deano 8, First Villa Manager to win 8 on the bounce since Lord Ron in 1975, say no more
Do you want to bet against us??

I liked the way their coaches they spent the first 30 minutes abusing the fourth official, both of them get booked, and then they whine after that they didn't get any decisions. Duh!

Subs

Bang on ratings 57