Aston Villa v Bristol City - Match Thread - Sat 13th April, 3pm | Page 11 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Bristol City - Match Thread - Sat 13th April, 3pm

Just loving this. Sat through so much boring rubbish over the years have we not? All of a sudden this is fun again, like we had when JG first came.
I must take a lot of the credit for this. After joining the forum in June last year we found new billionaire owners, signed John Mcginn and was instrumental in getting one of our own the top job. The rest They say is history and I expect to be offered an admin position sometime in the very near future

Superb stuff, can't see any reason why we can't stand planning for the play offs. Well done all concerned, this run of wind is extremely impressive.

That was a rookie keeper they played today ! Jeez , sign him up , awesome performance, he kept it from being a total embarrassment for Barcelona City

I apologise for harping on about matching our ten in a row record at the end of the 74/75 season.....for the last god knows how many years I thought it was until someone on Twitter tonight suggested 9 in a row hadn't been done by a Villa team for 109 years....blow me they're right! We won 10 out of the last 11...and all of the last eight but lost to Leyton Orient! So nine on the spin on Friday would mean that no Villa fan
on earth has witnessed such a run ( unless they're 109!) and 10 would be the record! History in the making....I vote for 15 in a row.....to take us sailing into the Prem.....!

Stupidest post of the day trophy for you, well played.
Hourihane 1 assist , 1 goal. Also some fantastic set piece deliveries. No idea why he gets the stick he does

Hourihane's problem is that when Grealish isn't playing his limitations are exposed.
He is not and will never be THE main man in midfield .

He was poor first half. Lightweight , He didnt show for the ball, often being stood behind an opposition player and was playing in this weird inside right position that wasn't here nor there in terms of attacking or defending. This isn't just me either. There were a fair few sat around me saying the same
2nd half he was sooooooo much better

Hourihane's problem is that when Grealish isn't playing his limitations are exposed.
He is not and will never be THE main man in midfield .

He was poor first half. Lightweight , He didnt show for the ball, often being stood behind an opposition player and was playing in this weird inside right position that wasn't here nor there in terms of attacking or defending. This isn't just me either. There were a fair few sat around me saying the same
2nd half he was sooooooo much better

Agreed , and yet he could have and probably should have got a hat trick.

It's a funny old game.

Stupidest post of the day trophy for you, well played.
Hourihane 1 assist , 1 goal. Also some fantastic set piece deliveries. No idea why he gets the stick he does

Obviously, because you don't watch what he doesn't do, In fairness, he did manage to miss 3 goals a pub player would have scored and put the one away which was harder.
If I was being critical Him and Tammy both scored but were the weakest players today.

However, Today is all about the superb team effort without Jack Mings and Hause.

Tomorrow we start the planning for Bolton!

Great to see the players who weren't involved also there supporting the lads eg. Mings . Far better than going shopping in HMV for example.

Also , sat very near the dugout today was interesting to see how involved JT actually is and also the goalkeeper coach (name?) who seems far more involved than just goalkeeper. Plus DS right hand man from Brentford (Reilly?). Very solid and nicely balanced team.

It just goes to show. if you have a bunch of players who buy into what the manager trying to do, anything is possible. We used to get excited about winning two games on the trot, just shows how much we have moved on.

If I was being critical Him and Tammy both scored but were the weakest players today.

That's not like you, 57? :fish:

Only joking - they were the least effective players on the day in my book, but hey ho, they pitched up and influenced the game when it mattered.

As @sirdennis said, it's a funny old game!

But the key thing is, we are winning when it matters, and without key players. Performance was good today overall, but it was still clear how much we were missing Jack. Mings less so, as I thought Jedi and Axel were superb.

Bring on the Trotters!!