Aston Villa v Bristol City - Match Thread - Sat 13th April, 3pm | Page 10 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Bristol City - Match Thread - Sat 13th April, 3pm

Bloke next to me asked an interesting question - who's better: McGinn or David Platt?

Tough one. If McGinn had Platt's scoring record, no contest. But I am loving McGinn's form at the moment - he's an absolute beast and where the f**k does he get his energy from? Hope he's not drug tested anytime soon ?

Bloke next to me asked an interesting question - who's better: McGinn or David Platt?

Tough one. If McGinn had Platt's scoring record, no contest. But I am loving McGinn's form at the moment - he's an absolute beast and where the f**k does he get his energy from? Hope he's not drug tested anytime soon ?

I wish McGinn had scored at the end from the short corner. I t would have taken the roof off.

Reading the posts, reports, feedback...... it's a looking good.

I was keeping up to date on my phone........ Nervous?.... yes I was, but Hey, what a win!

Kodj had a whack to the ribs on Wednesday, still sore so he's gone off for a scan. Hopefully Jack will have recovered for Bolton. Davis must be hoping his chance has come!

Great tribute to the work which Dean and his team have done. To lose 4 top players and keep going shows the strength of the system we're playing to. The defence from being shocking has become one where we can lose our leading centre backs and hardly notice. Players like Whelan and Taylor looking far better than you'd ever have believed. Exciting!

Really enjoyed

there both fantastic , but it would be like comparing a Ferrari to a Lamborghini

What has really impressed me recently has been our game management. Conceded against Blackburn around the same time as today, yet we still play on the front foot and take the game to the opposition, same today and on Weds night....2-1 up and still look the more likely to score even with ten men. None of the dropping deep, getting as many men as possible behind the ball as and looking to simply hang onto the lead....like we seemed to have done for heaven knows how many years....! So refreshing to see a total change in mentality.

It's amazing how a front foot system breeds both confidence and resilience. They have bought into what they are being asked to do and believe in one another. The exact opposite of last years run in. Lets hope the momentum can see us through to the end of May.

The 74-75 promotion team saw us lose 1 in 15. We are going to need something similar this season. Whatever the outcome, we have all begun to enjoy football again thanks to DS.

Platt.
At the moment .
He did it for us in the top league.

Whether premier league or championship I just love the way we’re going at it , starting to think we’re unbeatable at the moment , yes fear I believe that I’ve not felt like this about us since that great run with JG .