Aston Villa v Brentford: Saturday 6th April, 3pm | Page 26 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Brentford: Saturday 6th April, 3pm

By next weekend Villa's chances of Champions League qualification may actually have improved compared to before the start of today's game. Even with a Villa defeat, if Arsenal and West Ham can do the business with good first leg performances against twin German opposition, this would vastly increase of CL qualification, compared to where we were when we kicked off today. And you never know that point we got might still even be the one that gets us 4th place.

UTV (and Forest for tomorrow).

Just saw all the Brentford goals again. Whoever is on Match of the day will surely spend the last ten minutes of the programme highlighting our keystone kops impersonation. Konsa, way too slow in attempting to block any cross, from out wide. Pau and Costa no where near in a position to make a challenge in the 6 yard box.

Horror viewing when they sit down to analyse the match tomorrow or whenever at Bodymoor.

Credit for not throwing the towel in, but this has been a pattern all season. Defence is as poor as we are good going forward. Needs some real work.

Ollie has said we lack the mentality of a top side and said he was part of it.
TBF we've bottled it since the Man Utd game at OT but we are still in 4th so the rest have been no better.
Im just waiting for the spin on this - ignoring Toney berating his players at the final whistle

By next weekend Villa's chances of Champions League qualification may actually have improved compared to before the start of today's game. Even with a Villa defeat, if Arsenal and West Ham can do the business with good first leg performances against twin German opposition, this would vastly increase of CL qualification, compared to where we were when we kicked off today. And you never know that point we got might still even be the one that gets us 4th place.

UTV (and Forest for tomorrow).
I think Arsenal can beat Bayern but I have no faith in West Ham.

No chance of 4th and United have games in hand so 5th is doubtful.
Today was 2 points thrown away but since Xmas our defending has been championship level at times. Torres might be a good passer but as a centre half he is little more than a statue at times. We should have got a right back in January, Konsa isnt one as he proved again today. Emery needs to concentrate on stopping the goals against. Playing that weak team against City could turn out to be his MON moment.

No chance of 4th and United have games in hand so 5th is doubtful.
Today was 2 points thrown away but since Xmas our defending has been championship level at times. Torres might be a good passer but as a centre half he is little more than a statue at times. We should have got a right back in January, Konsa isnt one as he proved again today. Emery needs to concentrate on stopping the goals against. Playing that weak team against City could turn out to be his MON moment.
United are going to need to win at least 5 more games than us. There is 8 games left. I know what we’ve seen as Villa fans over the years but I’m not entertaining finishing lower than 5th.