Aston Villa v Brentford: Saturday 6th April, 3pm | Page 25 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Brentford: Saturday 6th April, 3pm

Missed the game due to being in hospital for most of last night so sleep caught up with me. Just checked the goals on YT. What a poor defensive collapse. Well if we cant get 4th, lets make damn sure that Yanited don't get 5th. Every chance we could have a 12 point lead over them by the weekend out.

Don't forget the collapses we got away with, like Luton and Forest.

Maybe the only positive today is that surely Unai won't allow this to happen again this season.
I think it’s one of those things where it looks like collapses but it’s probably complacency. We seem to either hand the initiative to the other team or fail to stop them from taking it.

Theres fight in these lads and there is character. You don’t often see teams come back from going 3-2 down after being 2-0 up.

We can turn the tide but it takes us too long to do it. I think it’s mostly being like city and never letting up pressure. If City are 2-0 up they’re still playing like it’s 0-0.

Not sure my nerves can take any more of this season. I'm worse than when we are battling relegation. I'm only doing positives. Rogers best game in a Villa shirt. He now looks like he belongs on the PL stage. UTV.
Enjoy it - I am for sure - 3 years ago we were dead and buried - obviously disappointed today but it’s a point gained from a winning position where we have had another wobble

Dude, I'm not having a dig at you and appreciate we all have high emotions during the game but why on earth say "I GENUINELY hate this club"?

I know you don't mean it but it's that sort of emotive comment that gets people's backs up because win, lose or draw we love this bloody club
Ok I got very, very angry with our capitulation but it still wasn't worthy of personal attacks. I'll say no more.

It's been a disappointing last few weeks for the club in terms of results and I think that's us done for 4th now, we should finish 5th but I think we'll limp along to even do that especially with Luiz now missing the next 2 games.

I've mellowed out to it now though so don't worry I won't be saying anything else.

WTF just happened? It appears we’ve got a soft underbelly, we’ve shipped goals all season whereas last seasons success was built on defensive strength. We are all fully aware that hick-ups can happen to any team, so I’m not particularly bothered that Spuds will probably move into 4th tomorrow - they’ve got some extremely tough games coming up. It’s more one eye on the future and we’ll have to do much better defensively if we are not going to be embarrassed in Europe next season.

Hey-ho, on to the Lille game and beyond. Sorry state of affairs today :shake:

Quite pissed off with that one, 2-0 up and cruising it should have been an easy win and an opportunity to rest and protect players ahead of Thursday and to put a nail in the coffin of Man U’s chance to catch us.

After 55 minutes the players completely gave up and stopped trying, if you have that mentality at this level you deserve to lose. Fair play for eventually pulling their finger out and rescuing a point but ultimately it’s still two points dropped against a really bad side. Of course the icing on the cake happens 6 minutes and 50 seconds into the 7 minutes of added time when Luiz decides to pointlessly leave his foot in on an opponent and gets banned for 2 matches, good player but absolute clown.

It’s not the first time we’ve collapsed or nearly collapsed at 2-0 this season, really worrying when your heading into a quarter final of a European competition for the first time in several decades

7 goals in two games and neither keeper has got near any of them, keystone cop defending today. I thought we'd moved away from these sudden collapses.
No urgency was shown until the last 15 minutes when we moved the ball quickly and went for them, why wait until we were behind before we started to give the big one?
It was a gutting result but could have been worse.
We need to start games like we finished this one.

As I said earlier City had a 10 minute period prior half time today. They should have been 3-1 down. But Palace missed their chances.

I said "got away with".

We were 2-0 up at Luton and cruising and it became a shambles, 3-0 up against Forest and were shitting ourselves before making it 4-2.

That mentality is not right and needs to be addressed.
Totally agree about its not acceptable.
My point was that it has resulted in dropped points less than for any other team in the league.

Quite pissed off with that one, 2-0 up and cruising it should have been an easy win and an opportunity to rest and protect players ahead of Thursday and to put a nail in the coffin of Man U’s chance to catch us.

After 55 minutes the players completely gave up and stopped trying, if you have that mentality at this level you deserve to lose. Fair play for eventually pulling their finger out and rescuing a point but ultimately it’s still two points dropped against a really bad side. Of course the icing on the cake happens 6 minutes and 50 seconds into the 7 minutes of added time when Luiz decides to pointlessly leave his foot in on an opponent and gets banned for 2 matches, good player but absolute clown.

It’s not the first time we’ve collapsed or nearly collapsed at 2-0 this season, really worrying when your heading into a quarter final of a European competition for the first time in several decades
The only thing that you can take from that David is that it is a learning process and hopefully our players will be a lot less complacent next season.