Aston Villa v Brentford: Saturday 6th April, 3pm | Page 31 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Brentford: Saturday 6th April, 3pm

Konsa is never a full back, a very good centre back, but not a full back. He had way too much possession in the opposition final third for my liking. I'm not criticising him either. He has some great attributes, but him being the constant ball to create something in that area just won't pay off.
Brentford put two men on Bailey knowing that snuffing him out and letting Konsa have the ball would be their better defensive option.

And pretty much all of those bar Chelsea? were second half. Can't escape that we have a real issue after HT. It's very odd.
The most goals conceded by any team in the league from 45-60 mins (16, maybe 17 after yesterday).

Watkins mentioned that he said to the lads we have to come out the blocks because we've started second halves slowly. It's probably what done us in, we did come firing out the blocks and we scored. I think that made the lads feel like the job was done, like Brentford wouldn't be able to come back because we pre-empted the second-half collapse. We haven't come out the blocks and scored early like that in what feels like all season.

Started with a bang but then he had a blip where his confidence seemed shot. Seemed to be getting back to normal when the injury struck. He's competent but not extraordinary.

He's not good enough for where we want to be, but he's a better RB than Konsa.

How many are good enough? This team will evolve over the next couple of years - you snooze, you lose.
I wouldn't go getting attached to too many of them that's for sure. It sounds mad but I wouldn't be against selling Bailey for instance.

Konsa is never a full back, a very good centre back, but not a full back. He had way too much possession in the opposition final third for my liking. I'm not criticising him either. He has some great attributes, but him being the constant ball to create something in that area just won't pay off.
Brentford put two men on Bailey knowing that snuffing him out and letting Konsa have the ball would be their better defensive option.
100% correct and I also think he looses a bit of his defensive edge out at full back too, all 3 goals came from crosses down our right.