Aston Villa v Brentford: Saturday 6th April, 3pm | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Brentford: Saturday 6th April, 3pm

MrLoverLover

Vital Reserves Team
Does anyone know if Watkins, Martinez and Ramsey are back for this? We need them.

My team (if Martinez and Watkins are fit):
Martinez
Konsa Carlos Torres Digne
Luiz McGinn
Bailey Tielemans Diaby
Watkins

We basically need to win 4 of our last 7 games to get 4th IMO so this is one of the games that fall into must win category.

Think Rogers has done enough these last couple of games and will stand up well against Brentford's "physicality" (being dirty bastards).

Emi
Konsa DC Torres Digne
McGinn Luiz
Bailey Rogers
Diaby Watkins
I like this although I could see a rested Tielemans in for Rogers instead.

McGinn coming back from a 3 game rest is absolutely massive for us. Just at the right time for the final push. He should be fully fit and raring to go.

Obviously not great to lose 4-1 last night, but in reality it hasn’t changed anything in the push for top 4. Think most of us thought we would lose that game anyway. Still think we can pick up the points needed from the remaining games. Spurs run in isn’t any easier either. 3 points here would be huge to get us back on track.

Think Rogers has done enough these last couple of games and will stand up well against Brentford's "physicality" (being dirty bastards).

Emi
Konsa DC Torres Digne
McGinn Luiz
Bailey Rogers
Diaby Watkins
No room for JJ? Think I'd try and squeeze him in for Baily or Diaby.

Brentford are a very physical team and I might even make a case for Zaniolo (based on recent form and physicality). Can Tim hold his place and push SJM further forward? Do we protect Dougie from another card and suspension? It'd be nice to have those kind of options available to Unai and I'm glad he's making the choices.

No room for JJ? Think I'd try and squeeze him in for Baily or Diaby.

Brentford are a very physical team and I might even make a case for Zaniolo (based on recent form and physicality). Can Tim hold his place and push SJM further forward? Do we protect Dougie from another card and suspension? It'd be nice to have those kind of options available to Unai and I'm glad he's making the choices.
I assumed JJ would be icing his ickle toe, or whatever it is.

I like this although I could see a rested Tielemans in for Rogers instead.

McGinn coming back from a 3 game rest is absolutely massive for us. Just at the right time for the final push. He should be fully fit and raring to go.
Really hope you are right Pangloss but I have a niggling thought at the back of my mind. Isn't McGinn one of those players that takes two or three games to get back up to speed after been out?

Hope I'm proven wrong.

Really hope you are right Pangloss but I have a niggling thought at the back of my mind. Isn't McGinn one of those players that takes two or three games to get back up to speed after been out?

Hope I'm proven wrong.
I presume he played twice for Scotland in the break so he shouldn’t be too rusty, it’s only a week and half since his last game

One of our must-win games, only two more no-hope games now the city game has gone. We don't yet have that mentality that says win at all costs. We concede we collapse.
Brentford are down around the dead men so it's a must-get something from the game for them as well.

Yes, they've got Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle aswell as Forest and Burnley down the bottom end. Arguably more difficult than our run in.
Let's hope so.

So many of the scummy bastards on the official Aston Villa Twitter last night revelling and insulting the team in our defeat, I had to quickly turn it off otherwise a ban would have been incoming.

Mind you, who's surprised when you get a load of big gob cockneys and Africans who couldn't correctly point to London on a map of the UK.

Brentford are desperate for a win, therefore this game is going to be brutal against possibly the most fouling, blocking wind-up team in the Premier League.

All encouraged by Freaky Franks on the touchline, encouraging them to act like that.

We really need an early goal to make them open up more on the pitch.

So many of the scummy bastards on the official Aston Villa Twitter last night revelling and insulting the team in our defeat
Funny isn't it, because for the most part we were all realistic about this result and took it on the chin. Almost inevitable. There will however be expectations on Saturday.