2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings | Page 24 | Vital Football

2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings

Whilst having calmed down somewhat but still very unhappy here are what I hope are dispassionate ratings. I am trying to be fair!
Lloris 4, Aurier 3, Rodon 6, Dier5.5, Davies 5, Doherty 3, Hojbjerg 7, N’Dombele 6, Bergwyn 5, Kane 4, Son 4
Subs: winks 4.5, Lamella 4, Bale 4,
Jose 2

Well done 54, that must have been a struggle. It's actually quite therapeutic trying to keep calm on this.

Ratings in descending order, using the top player as the benchmark:

Hoj - 8.5
ND - 7.7
Berg, Son - 6.0
Kane - 5.5
Davies, Aurier, Dier, Rodon - 4.8
Doherty, Hugo - 4.0

Subs:

Bale, Lamela, Winks - 4.0

Jose - 3.0

Hoj (captain designate) stood out (not for the first time), showed real drive and leadership.

Kane and Son haven't been the same for few matches. Starved of service and nothing working for Son in front of goal.

Bergwijn is very frustating. Energy and effort, but still waiting for him to find the net. Another in the long list of non-contributing AM's we've recruited.

Dier and Davies well below their typical average performances.

Aurier and Rodon were doing quite well until their respective errors. Afraid like a gymnast or ice skater, a fatal error/slip and all the good work is undone.

Doherty - not sure we'll get our money's worth out of him.

Lloris - ZERO vocal presence. Failed to inspire his back line.

Last edited:
A little late, but just to help the averages

Lloris 4 - a rare bad game, but he made errors

Aurier 4 - still curious to know why he lost the plot and just needed to get out of there. Poor 1st half
Rodon 5.5 - learning curve for him
Dier 5 - his form is poor at the moment. He needs taking out of the firing line and spending a couple of games on the bench.
Davies 5.5 - not the answer, but gives his all
Doherty 4.5 - looking an awful buy

Hojbjerg 7.5 - need more soldiers like him. He does need to be taught by Jose that he's massively responsible for how deep we get though
Ndombele 5.5 - a game of 2 halves. Not sure whether Lloris and Aurier going at each other impacted him, or the change of position. He was peripheral in the 2nd half.

Son 4.5 - showed complete lack of leadership for an international captain. He needs to have a deep think why he goes missing. We can't keep blaming the service. He needs to own it.
Bergwijn 5.5 - big shift but nothing really happened for him again
Kane 4 - he was in prima donna mode from the off. Never shut down and looked so off the pace.

Subs
Winks 5 - Jose is stupid if he can't see that Winksy should be on the right of Hojbjerg. On that left he just keeps tuning into trouble. Winks should have also been put on ahead of Hojbjerg and playing more with Ndombele. Tactical suicide again by Jose.
Lamela 3 - worst player on the pitch. Never got the ball under control and just allowed himself to be marked out the game. Waste of a shirt.
Bale 6 - I actually enjoyed his 15 mins on the pitch. Looked like the only Spurs attacker that might do something.

Jose 3 - same score as his pet Lamela. Got the team selection and tactics way off. Then we see a set of players in the second half that are downing tools on him. He needs to figure out why his leadership style is brining him to this place that he's been to before with other clubs. Only he can do that and if he's unwilling to change then he should go, and probably retire for his own sanity as the groundhog day will just keep coming.

Average player ratings against Liverpool across 10 media/websites and 6 forum posters. Media second column.
Lloris 4.25, 4.55
Aurier 3.58, 4.25
Rodon 5.25, 5.20
Dier 5.33, 4.70
Davies 5.41, 5.25
Doherty 3.50, 4.50
Hojbjerg 7.58, 7.25
Ndombele 5.91, 6.10
Bergwijn 5, 5 .10
Kane 5, 5.40
Son 4.58, 5.55
Lamela 3.58, 4.90
Winks 4.58, 5.15
Bale 4.25, 4.30

Jose 2.91

I see an anomaly with the rating for Lloris and Aurier; the majority scoring the keeper higher for two errors, and Aurier less for making one. Some bias there. Hmm.

You have the Pomp disease, he cant put his mind to it either, must be an age thing ? I mark all the players as I watch but had to think quite hard about my final ratings.

For example Rodon, I marked him positively for good tackle, good defending, good defending, good tackle, then one negative of poor defending for the goal. Although I was annoyed about the goal he had an ok game, likewise Dier apart from the mix up with Hugo.
Haha Nick Pomp Disease, PD, lol! anyway more seriously I tried doing it like you said, marking as you go per player, but I got so pissed, patients again or lack of, I ended up throwing my note pad n pencil all over the dog, with Mrs PY saying something wrong darling, sarcasm from her, me thinks lol! so have given up and will just keep reading the very good scoring and points from others.

Getting in early , I am calm.
Lloris 5, Sanchez 4.5, Toby 6, Rodon 4.5, Davies 3, Hojbjerg 5.5, Sissoko 5.5, Ndombele 5, Bergwijn 5, Bale 4, Son 4, Vinnie 5, Moura 3, Lamela 5.

Jose 3.

Ratings vs Brighton

Lloris 4 - Normal total lack of leadership. If ever there was an occasion to huddle the players for a pep talk at the start of the second half, it was last night.

Sissoko 4.5 - Missed his mate Aurier. Play both of them, or neither of them, certainly not one in place of the other.

Sanchez 5 - Don't recall him doing a lot wrong.

Rodon 4.5 - He'll be in a learning curve for some time. Looks incredibly raw currently.

Alderweireld 7.5 - By far our best performer on the night.

Davies 3 - Poor. Not his usual reliable self, maybe he was sad.

Hojbjerg 6 - Has been better. Brighton dominated midfield for most of the game.

Ndombele 6 - Ditto Hojbjerg

Bale 2.5 - Likely to be his last appearance in the PL

Son 3 - Missed his mate Kane. He's a confidence player, and currently he hasn't got any.

Bergwijn 4 - Usual. Works hard, makes good runs, balanced and looks good on the ball, but in terms of end product, bloody useless.

Subs

Vinicius 6.5 - Looked decent at times.

Lamela 4 - Is now a liability. Unfortunately he's so ineffective these days that clearly nobody else wants him.

Moura 4 - Ditto Lamela. Used to be an occasional threat, not anymore.

v Brighton

Lloris - 6
Sissoko - 4
Sanchez - 6.5
Rodon 7.5
Alderweireld 6.5
Davies -4
Hojbjerg - 7
Ndombele - 7
Bale - 4
Son - 5
Bergwijn - 4

Subs

Vini - 6.5
Lamela - 5 (for effort)
Moura - 4 (for effort)

Jose - 1 for tactical acumen

Last edited:
Lloris 5; Sanchez 3.5, Alderweireld 6.5, Davies 3, Rodon 6, Sissoko 4, Hojbjerg 6.5, N’Dombele 5.5, Bergwyn 4.5, Bale 3.5, Son 3.5,
Subs: Vinicius 6, Moura 4, Lamella 4
Jose: 0

Lloris 6 - not at fault for the goal from memory. Back to solid self after Liverpool blip

Sanchez 6.5 - unlucky to come off. Played some good balls into the right channel and was defensively strong with Sissoko all over the place on his outside
Toby 6.5 - got dragged out a few times and couldn't recover, but played OK
Rodon 6 - learning a lot from this tough period

Sissoko 4 - so we can finally put to bed the concept that he should play full-back.
Hojbjerg 6 - normal solid self
Ndombele 5.5 - didn't want it enough
Davies 5 - bang average

Bale 4 - spent force
Son 4 - start showing some minerals
Bergwijn 5.5 - a least he worked hard

Subs
Vini 6 - did ok in a few key moments.
Moura 5 - run around a lot
Lamela 5 - too sideways and backwards

Jose 1 - got nothing right all day. Just go.

v Brighton

Hoj, NDom - 6.5 - need to hang on to these two for a rebuild.

Toby - 6.4 Only defender to give his all and asked to play advance role towards the end.

Bergwijn, Sanchez, Rodon, Sissoko - 5.8 Nothing spectacular but all grafted.
Davies, Lloris - 5.00 - The steady eddies, but not leaders.

Son - 4.5 - couldn't get up to anyone's wavelength.

Bale - 4. May as well play with 10 men....oh, we did!

Vin - 5 - did more than Bale for less money!
Lamela - 4.5 - beezee bee but failed to influence anything.
Moura - 3.8 - probably still running around in Brighton - lost!.

Ps., Jose - 2.8.

Lloris - 6
Sanchez - 6
Toby - 6.5
Rodon - 6.5
Sissoko - 5
Davies - 4.5
PEH - 6.5
Ndombele - 6.5
Bale - 5.5
Son - 5
Bergwijn - 5.5

Vini - 5.5
Lamela - 5
Moura - 4

Jose - 1.5

Average player ratings against Brighton across 10 web/media and 7 forum posters. Media in second column.

Lloris 5.28, 6
Sissoko 4.71, 5.15
Sanchez 4.85, 5
Toby 6.57, 6.50
Rodon 5.85, 5.45
Davies 3.92, 4.30
Hojbjerg 6.28, 6
Ndombele 6, 6.10
Bale 3.92, 4.05
Bergwijn 4.92, 5.25
Son 4.14, 4.60
Vinnie 5.78, 6.25
Moura 4, 4.80
Lamela 4.64, 4.80

Jose 1.78.

Thanks for your contributions, I know it was painful !!

Average player ratings against Brighton across 10 web/media and 7 forum posters. Media in second column.

Lloris 5.28, 6
Sissoko 4.71, 5.15
Sanchez 4.85, 5
Toby 6.57, 6.50
Rodon 5.85, 5.45
Davies 3.92, 4.30
Hojbjerg 6.28, 6
Ndombele 6, 6.10
Bale 3.92, 4.05
Bergwijn 4.92, 5.25
Son 4.14, 4.60
Vinnie 5.78, 6.25
Moura 4, 4.80
Lamela 4.64, 4.80

Jose 1.78.

Thanks for your contributions, I know it was painful !!

well done again Nick, and yes it is painful reading!

V Chelsea

Very hard to find the enthusiasm to even give a view, but here goes:

Lloris - 5
Toby - 5.5
Dier - 3
Aurier - 5.5
Davies - 3.5
Sissoko - 4
Hojbjerg - 6
Bergwijn - 4.5
N"Domobele - 4.5
Son - 4.5