2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings | Page 22 | Vital Football

2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings

FFS that puts Braindead in third place as far as the media is concerned.......shows what a crock of shit the ratings mean

It's one instance. It will average out over the season. Although I include the media as a kind of buffer against passion, its the posters ratings that are the true guide as to how we view players. Aurier rated 5.20 by posters, that is probably about right.

The full 90 minutes is now somewhat belatedly up on the Spurs website for the Fulham game in case anyone has not seen or wants to deep dive.

No masochistic tendencies from me,...I wont bother

I am a bit of a mug as far as punishment goes. I look beyond the first viewing and try to dig deeper. Sissoko and Aurier took some stick. I might look again at how they did individually. Also Ndombele, for his energy drop and loss of possession instances. I'm not doing much else at the moment. I am almost complete on my season review of the averages.

I am a bit of a mug as far as punishment goes. I look beyond the first viewing and try to dig deeper. Sissoko and Aurier took some stick. I might look again at how they did individually. Also Ndombele, for his energy drop and loss of possession instances. I'm not doing much else at the moment. I am almost complete on my season review of the averages.

Nick if you do please make a note of the times Braindead turned back when he recieved the ball rather than 'god forbid' run forward, or 'god forbid' pass forward or 'god forbid' even try to beat a player.....please note sideways passes do not count as forward passess.

So my SU ratings

Lloris 6 - his distribution with the ball at his feet could be improved

Aurier 5.5 - one header disguised a pretty poor game. On of life's mysteries why he can control and pass a ball. It's like he has wooden blocks on the end of his legs.
Rodon 7 - grew into the game and you get the feeling it will be about the pace that Jose brings him into the setup
Dier 6 - caught under another high ball and some of his passing was ropy
Davies 5.5 - still makeshift for me. Enable the system, but he's no Vertonghen
Reggie 7.5 - the wing back position looks like his best. He not only runs wide but pushes into that area between the full-back and centre half. For 15 mins in the 1st half he was a one man show taking the game to them.

Hojbjerg 7 - played pretty well and managed to control his game after being on 4 yellows. He enable Ndombele to express himself.
Ndombele 8.5 - MoM for me. Totally vindicated all of us who have been saying that we just want to see him back in the position where he built his reputation.

Bergwijn 8 - started to show in this game what he can bring above the obvious industry. A total handful all game.
Kane 7 - nice goal, got a few decisions wrong in 1st half. Even his first touch let him down a fair few times but as always he pulled himself out of it and contributed.
Son 5.5 - not at the races at the moment. Was unlucky to hit the post again, but he's not hitting his stride.

Subs:
Moura 3 - only on the pitch 7 mins, but just struggled to make simple passes and retain possession. He was never great, but has regressed recently and not even worth a match day squad place at the moment.

Jose 6 - whilst his pride will never let him admit it openly, I'm glad he moved from his stubborn stance and changed the setup in the end. Now we'll all find out whether it becomes a little more permanent and whether we can go through some gears. I will applaud Jose for not changing things in the second half as well. That eleven needed more time to settle into the system rather than doing the easy thing and bringing on Sissoko.

SU ratings

Lloris 7, Aurier 6, Rodon 7, Dier 6, Davies 6.5, Reguilon 7, Hojbjerg 7, Ndombele 8.5, Bergwijn 8, Kane 7, Son 6

Jose 6.5

Mustn't get carried away by a win against the PL's bottom Club, and until Ndombele produced a wonder goal it did look as if it might get away from us again. Ndombele, Bergwijn and Reguilon did however at least provide us with some AM threat yesterday, which was refreshing to watch after what we've had to endure in recent games.

v Sheffield

Lloris 6 Aurier 7 Dier 6.5 Rondon 6.5 Davies 5.5 N'Dombele 8.5 Hojbjerg 7 Reggie 5 Bergwijn 5.5 Son 6 Kane 8

Generally, we played like a team looking to get forward and press, except at the start of the second when once again we sat too deep and let them run at us.

But a win's a win, not sure we'll play any easier opposition this season, so a welcome and overdue change in tactics, but one game means just a little comfort for now.

Last edited:
By contrast I was surprised by the stats thrown up in a comparison of the previous 5 results of both teams when one considers earlier on one was sitting on top and the other was stuck on the bottom......... Spurs DWDLL, Sheff WLLLD, we were only 1 point better off.:rolleyes:

Lloris 7
Aurier 6
Dier 7.5
Rodon 7
Davies 6
Ndombele8.5
Iceberg 7.5
Bergwijn 8
Reguilon 8
Son 6

Kane 7.5

Subs not worth mentioning .,
Thought we played at a faster pace than for a long whie
Reggie was showing good penetrating runs . Ndombele was running s everything , Kane still developing his Lampard role .
Vinicius makes more runs than any other centre forward ive ever seen !
Ndom my MoM

v Sheffield

Lloris 6 Aurier 6 Dier 6.5 Rondon 6.5 Davies 5.5 Aurier 7 N'Dombele 8.5 Hojbjerg 7 Reggie 5 Bergwijn 5.5 Son 6 Kane 8

Generally, we played like a team looking to get forward and press, except at the start of the second when once again we sat too deep and let them run at us.

But a win's a win, not sure we'll play any easy opposition this season, so a welcome and overdue change in tactics, but one game means just a little comfort for now.
The twelve against eleven is always a good ploy . Takes a bit of pulling off but if it works it’s always worth it . :yes:

Lloris 6, Rodon 7.5, Dier 6, Davies 6, Aurier 6, PEH 6, Ndombele 9, Reguilon 8, Bergwijn 7, Kane 6.5, Son 5

Jose 8

The Times ratings:

H Lloris 7 — J Rodon 7, E Dier 8, B Davies 7 — S Aurier 7, P Hojberg 7, T Ndombele 7, S Reguilon 8 — S Bergwijn 7, H Kane 8, Son Heung-Min 7

Last edited:
V Sheffield United
Lloris 6.5, Aurier 6.5, Rodon 7, Dier 7, Davies 6, Reguilon 7, Hojbjerg 7.5, N’Dombele 8, Bergwyn 7.5, Son 6.5, Kane 6.5
Jose 7 good to see a more attack minded approach.

My ratings v Sheffield

Lloris 6, Aurier 6.5, Rodon 6.5, Dier 6, Davies 6, Reggie 7, Hojbjerg 6.5, Ndombele 9, Bergwijn 6.5, Son 6, Kane 8.
Jose 7.

Average player ratings against Sheffield across 10 website/media reports and 7 forum posters. Media is second column.

Lloris 6.35, 6.80
Aurier 6.21, 7.50
Rodon 6.92, 7.85
Dier 6.14, 6.05
Davies 5.92, 6.60
Reggie 7.07, 7.45
Hojbjerg 6.92, 7.60
Ndombele 8.57, 8.75
Bergwijn 7.21, 7.20
Kane 6.92, 8.25
Son 5.85, 7.15

Jose 6.87.

So Wycombe

Hart 6 - not much to do

Japhet 6 - injured or tactical sub? Was disappointed to see Jose not give him the 90 at full-back. He battled well and wasn't getting much support
Sanchez 5.5 - off balance and went with his right foot. Could have stopped the goal with some composure.
Toby 5.5 - got rolled for the goal and his radar wasn't working so well
Davies 6 - stuck at it, but offered nothing again going forward

Winks 6.5 - neat and tidy and nice finish. Ineffective for long periods though
Sissoko 5.5 - went missing in the first half. Defended OK in the second but clearly isn't a full-back

Lamela 5.5 - a few good touches. No end product as always
Moura 6 - few individual moments but his team play was mostly poor, got an assist though
Bale 6.5 - glimpses of something better from him

Vinicius 5 - probably our worst player on the night.

Subs:
Hojbjerg 6.5 - got the midfield back to dominance
Ndombele 7.5 - fantastic cameo
Kane 7 - made a positive difference
Son 7 - showed us a different dynamic on the left channel
Rodon - not long enough

Jose
I'm not confusing the scoreline with the first 80 mins or a few missed chances. Overall, the setup and rhythm of the team was very poor. Jose is not giving these guys a game plan they are happy with. Of course, class showed in the end, but wouldn't we all just love to see a EL or cup game against a weaker side where we look convincing for a change?