20/21 Match thread - Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa FC - PL | Page 16 | Vital Football

20/21 Match thread - Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa FC - PL

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have watched most teams this season and almost every team is filled with players who seek to apply ( follow) the Bill Nick philosophy of push and run... viz pass and move fast into space to create more space/opportunities, mainly going forward, towards the oppositions goal, unless the way is completely blocked whilst we pass and sometimes find one of our players and stop dead thinking, wow I made a pass,. but not thinking without the ball..
Funny the how the club that invented that style is the only one who do not play it or similar. why?

Hand on heart who out of the current regular first team squad would you keep for a rebuild.....Almost NONE is my answer..not realistic but what should happen and must albeit in stages........keep Rodon, Loris, Tangy, Reggie, Lo Celso Dele...thats about it from me

Why on earth would you want to keep Lo Celso and Alli? Both of them require significant corrective improvement to their game, to make them worthy of building a team around for the future. In Alli's case, much time must also be spent to change his attitude. There are better players out there who could take us further. Is the Tangy you refer to Ndombele or Tanganga?

I don't disagree. I guess I was further endorsing my earlier point that if we had installed an experienced interim coach (instead of Mason) we may have seen some positive results to scrape over the line.

I agree about some of the dross we are carrying though.
Na CS. This club is rotten to the core, it doesn't matter what players we have,or managers,the blame lies firmly at Levys door, his mismanagement of the footballing side of our wonderful club has left us in the situation that we are in.How can such a club, with the most legendary players to grace a football pitch put in a performance like that The players and management should hang their heads in shame, how the fuck people are championing Ryan Mason is beyond me Jesus Tottenham puts years on you.. ENIC/LEVY out now, for the good of our wonderful club and my health,Yet I'm Tottenham. Till I Die. C.OY.S.

Last edited:
Na CS. This club is rotten to the core, it doesn't matter what players we have,or managers,the blame lies firmly at Levys door, his mismanagement of the footballing side of our wonderful club has left us in the situation that we are in.How can such a club, with the most legendary players to grace a football pitch put in a performance like that The players and management should hang their heads in shame, how the fuck people are championing Ryan Mason is beyond me Jesus Tottenham ours years on you.. ENIC/LEVY out now, for the good of our wonderful club and my heath.
I thought you'd gone to bed hours ago, Vinnie!

Completely agree with everything you said, and as for Mason, I couldn't believe he oversaw that utter dross and still waited until the 72nd minute before he made his first change. I have no words.

I watched a bit of my DVR...that was a BIG MISTAKE...

I can only sum up our performance by saying "We phoned this one in"....just disgraceful...and in front of fans...fans that FINALLY got to see their team play in person again....

yep as some said before...this team is broken...badly...and sorry but I think we need a very substantial rebuild...

The team you saw today...is exactly who we are now. Said it many times before...my blinders are not on:

WE SIMPLY ARE NOT THAT GOOD

I woke at 5am to check the score. I had to wipe the crusty bits from eyes a few times to actually comprehend the score. I just feel so let down by Levy, Mason and the entire squad.

To be fair, Mason is far from top flight management material. I would've taken the job if it was offered.

I have so much rage inside me. Rage that I promised I would not allow to manifest this season. Most of it is directed at our God awful players' attitudes.

Kane is doing exactly what I was hoping his character would not permit. Eriksen revisited...big time. He can't be that bright either. Surely anyone with a 1/4 of a brain (which Eriksen sadly did not have) would be playing their socks off to up his stocks. But no, he's advertising to the world that he does not respect the Fans, the Club, his team mates, himself and family.

We all need to press reset when it comes to how we look at our Club, Tottenham Hotspur FC. We are NOT a big 4, big 6 or Europe worthy.

Spurs are a hollow shadow of our their former selves, and we. the faithful, will need to adjust our expectations from here on in. This is going to get worse before it gets anywhere near as good as it needs to be.

I find it embarrassing that we have this apparently fantastic youth academy program & one of the best stadiums on this planet, but absolutely nothing else.

Arsenal are recognized globally as a mid table team. I've heard the non biased media both here and in the USA, and even rep[orders from the UK state this. Well chaps, they, along with, dare I say it, West Ham will finish above us.

The only way we'll attract half decent players now, is by appointing a very decent manager/coach. Use the Kane money to fund this.

Clean out the rest of these lazy money hungry disrespectful excuse for professional players. Keep Hugo as a back up, keep Dele Alli, and f**k off the rest.

Congratulations everyone. Looks like we are now mid table fodder. It's going to be a long winding bumpy road over the next few years.

But hey, we're Spurs. Has it ever been anything but?

I woke at 5am to check the score. I had to wipe the crusty bits from eyes a few times to actually comprehend the score. I just feel so let down by Levy, Mason and the entire squad.

To be fair, Mason is far from top flight management material. I would've taken the job if it was offered.

I have so much rage inside me. Rage that I promised I would not allow to manifest this season. Most of it is directed at our God awful players' attitudes.

Kane is doing exactly what I was hoping his character would not permit. Eriksen revisited...big time. He can't be that bright either. Surely anyone with a 1/4 of a brain (which Eriksen sadly did not have) would be playing their socks off to up his stocks. But no, he's advertising to the world that he does not respect the Fans, the Club, his team mates, himself and family.

We all need to press reset when it comes to how we look at our Club, Tottenham Hotspur FC. We are NOT a big 4, big 6 or Europe worthy.

Spurs are a hollow shadow of our their former selves, and we. the faithful, will need to adjust our expectations from here on in. This is going to get worse before it gets anywhere near as good as it needs to be.

I find it embarrassing that we have this apparently fantastic youth academy program & one of the best stadiums on this planet, but absolutely nothing else.

Arsenal are recognized globally as a mid table team. I've heard the non biased media both here and in the USA, and even rep[orders from the UK state this. Well chaps, they, along with, dare I say it, West Ham will finish above us.

The only way we'll attract half decent players now, is by appointing a very decent manager/coach. Use the Kane money to fund this.

Clean out the rest of these lazy money hungry disrespectful excuse for professional players. Keep Hugo as a back up, keep Dele Alli, and f**k off the rest.

Congratulations everyone. Looks like we are now mid table fodder. It's going to be a long winding bumpy road over the next few years.

But hey, we're Spurs. Has it ever been anything but?
Well said, that.

It drives me nuts the easy ride Kane gets from the media. It's so clear - and has been for months - that he's not putting in a shift for the team but the blame goes to the other players for not providing him with the service. We can see it, so ex-players and journos who watch the games for a living, can also see it. But they never call him out.

Tottenham players told to conduct second lap of appreciation amid fractious atmosphere after Aston Villa loss

VIEW COMMENTS

newFile-3.jpg
Tottenham Hotspur FC via Getty I
By
Dan Kilpatrick
@Dan_KP
8 hours ago

Tottenham’s players were told to leave the dressing to conduct a second lap of appreciation after some supporters refused to leave the stadium after the 2-1 defeat to Aston Villa.
In bizarre scenes, the squad returned to the pitch around 40 minutes after full-time as many of the 10,000 returning supporters expressed frustration at the club’s chairman Daniel Levy and ticket prices, long after the final whistle.
It is understood the players’ lap of honour was supposed to take place immediately after the final whistle but many fans seemed to think it had not yet happened at all and the players were asked to re-emerge.

Only Harry Kane – who applauded each corner of the stadium alone in what could be his last home match for Spurs – and Dele Alli, Heung-min Son, Gareth Bale and Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg had initially stayed out at full-time.

Before the players came back out, the stadium tannoy and stewards appeared to encourage fans to leave but many still stayed put and there was a scuffle between some supporters and security staff in the South Stand.
Some angry supporters chanted “We want Levy out” and “We want our Tottenham back” at Levy, and “Sixty-quid you’re having a laugh” and “We want our money back” in reference to the blanket price of tickets for the match.
There were few fans remaining when the players re-emerged but the atmosphere improved, with supporters chanting for Kane and Bale.
Spurs went down to a Sergio Reguilon own goal and Ollie Watkins’ strike after Steven Bergwijn had opened the scoring.
Asked about fan unrest, interim head-coach Ryan Mason said: "We've just lost a game of football. It's an emotional game.
“Our fans care. I care, so I've no problem with fans being disappointed. They've come here to support us and they wanted us to win.

“"We didn't do that. I feel very disappointed that we didn't do that. So they're emotional.
“There's nothing wrong with that. That's normal in this game. It shows they care."

Why on earth would you want to keep Lo Celso and Alli? Both of them require significant corrective improvement to their game, to make them worthy of building a team around for the future. In Alli's case, much time must also be spent to change his attitude. There are better players out there who could take us further. Is the Tangy you refer to Ndombele or Tanganga?

I dont really mate...just thought we would need a couple of the old squad to help transition thats all.....