20/21 Match thread - Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa FC - PL | Page 15 | Vital Football

20/21 Match thread - Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa FC - PL

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He has been just as much of a bottle job as the other players though. Find me one final he played as well as we know he can play. The guy is absolutely unplayable on his day and easily one of the top 3 strikers in the world but in our biggest games he has nearly always let us down.

Most of all in the CL final. That's when I knew he wasn't a big game player.

Spurs fans waited for 30 minutes on the promise the players would come back out to salute the fans. Then an announcement to wish them a safe journey home....in other words, the players ain't coming out so on your bikes. The atmosphere was toxic apparently.
Kane did his own lone good bye walk round .
That is utterly shameful! To charge the fans £60 each and then refuse to come out to thank them for the support is pure cowardice at best and a spit in the face of the fans at the worst.
I noted the emotional look of Kane to say his goodbye’s, although I think that’s a tad premature as nobody will offer the value we will seek.
I didn’t think we should do a mass clear out but after that display, I just see no alternative

Listening to Mason analysis he says we have them two goaks....true. But nothing about for say dusty mins for min 15 we played slow pathetic don't give a shot football. No I don't expect t him to use those words, but I expected him to say I don't know why we didn't really compete. If say why he picked two dm for a must win game.

Reggie will get some blame but for me the sliced og which of course was avoidable is one thing....but winks passing back to him for their second was worse and both of them were dwarfed by the apathetic performance of most of the team....Harry and son particularly

I have watched most teams this season and almost every team is filled with players who seek to apply ( follow) the Bill Nick philosophy of push and run... viz pass and move fast into space to create more space/opportunities, mainly going forward, towards the oppositions goal, unless the way is completely blocked whilst we pass and sometimes find one of our players and stop dead thinking, wow I made a pass,. but not thinking without the ball..
Funny the how the club that invented that style is the only one who do not play it or similar. why?

Hand on heart who out of the current regular first team squad would you keep for a rebuild.....Almost NONE is my answer..not realistic but what should happen and must albeit in stages........keep Rodon, Loris, Tangy, Reggie, Lo Celso Dele...thats about it from me

Last edited:
He should not have been in the team as he was totally not match fit /still carrying the injury...whos fault his desire? or Poch weakness?

Not even Jose dropped him when he was playing badly. The problem at this club is we create an atmosphere where we put star players on such high pedestals that they always become untouchable. "If Kane says he is ready, he must play!"

The narrative since Kane broke through was 'he will need to leave Spurs to win trophies' and that makes the club and fans act like WE are lucky to have him, rather than HIM being lucky to be at such a big club.

Same happened with Bale and Berbatov before him.

Not even Jose dropped him when he was playing badly. The problem at this club is we create an atmosphere where we put star players on such high pedestals that they always become untouchable. "If Kane says he is ready, he must play!"

The narrative since Kane broke through was 'he will need to leave Spurs to win trophies' and that makes the club and fans act like WE are lucky to have him, rather than HIM being lucky to be at such a big club.

Same happened with Bale and Berbatov before him.

WE ARE NOT A BIG CLUB...WE THINK WE ARE BUT WE DO NOT ACT LIKE ONE we have proved that time and again for most of the last 30 years give or take a few odd bright seasons only. He should not have to leave Spurs to win trophies...if we were a big club with big club mentality he would have won them with us

Spurs fans waited for 30 minutes on the promise the players would come back out to salute the fans. Then an announcement to wish them a safe journey home....in other words, the players ain't coming out so on your bikes. The atmosphere was toxic apparently.
Wow, Nick, did that actually happen?

Everything about this club is rotten to the core.

My message to the fans, stop going to the games. Stop giving these lazy,, ungrateful scumbags money.

Hand on heart who out of the current regular first team squad would you keep for a rebuild.....Almost NONE is my answer
Greavsie, there is a lot anger and frustration in your post and I accept your opinion. However, I will attempt to counter it with...

Give these guys a coach, a progressive coach and watch them transformed almost overnight. You have to remember, some of these players were playing scintillating football under Poch, with Eriksen and Dele being the link up men. However, 4 years of being flogged without showing a medal for it knocks your enthusiasm. Then under Jose, I often wondered if the players were ever coached but to be robots!

Now also think back when Harry Redknapp took over. The stale atmosphere lifted instantly and our brand of football changed overnight with the same players.

So, pretty much the coach is a major part in this equation.

Utterly disgraceful why would you want to pay and support these players who show little gratitude to the people who are there every game...they are not worthy of any further comment!!!!

Greavsie, there is a lot anger and frustration in your post and I accept your opinion. However, I will attempt to counter it with...

Give these guys a coach, a progressive coach and watch them transformed almost overnight. You have to remember, some of these players were playing scintillating football under Poch, with Eriksen and Dele being the link up men. However, 4 years of being flogged without showing a medal for it knocks your enthusiasm. Then under Jose, I often wondered if the players were ever coached but to be robots!

Now also think back when Harry Redknapp took over. The stale atmosphere lifted instantly and our brand of football changed overnight with the same players.

So, pretty much the coach is a major part in this equation.

Yes BUT, it is Easier to coach it into new young players, our current unblemished loanees, and buy players who already have it than to re-inject it back into the existing cattle herd. ...as most are now past thier sell by date, and need to be culled for fear of further spread of the malaise.:loser:

Yes BUT, it is Easier to coach it into new young players, our current unblemished loanees, and buy players who already have it than to re-inject it back into the existing cattle herd. ...as most are now past thier sell by date, and need to be culled for fear of further spread of the malaise.:loser:
I don't disagree. I guess I was further endorsing my earlier point that if we had installed an experienced interim coach (instead of Mason) we may have seen some positive results to scrape over the line.

I agree about some of the dross we are carrying though.

I don't disagree. I guess I was further endorsing my earlier point that if we had installed an experienced interim coach (instead of Mason) we may have seen some positive results to scrape over the line.

I agree about some of the dross we are carrying though.
I'm beginning to think that if we had Pep as head coach, Klopp as his assistant and Sir Alex as DOF, we'd still be fuckin Spursy!