Match Thread: Lincoln City v Hull City | Page 36 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Hull City

Let's be realistic though, full backs the quality of toffolo don't grow on trees. Not the kindest comparison. If we could go out and pay someone 10k a week I'm sure we'd have replaced like for like.

Not sure what you're on about with fences tbh, if you can't work out which side of the argument I've been on then god help us all haha
Do you think his substitution policy early season was good, or do you think it is better now? Quite simple. Careful with your answer though, could be construed as a criticism against our Manager.

I’m so confused at the negativity around Poole!!!

Him or Eyoma is a 50/50 for me. Eyoma maybe slightly shading it on talent. But Poole is contracted to us so makes sense for him to start

He’s had 2.5 months with Appleton and he’s come along quite a way in those - same as Bramall. Just look at how much Edun, Grant, Hopper, Walsh, McGrandles, Johnson, Scully and probably a few more have developed with more time to realise Poole is going to be a very good asset next season!!!

Do you think his substitution policy early season was good, or do you think it is better now? Quite simple. Careful with your answer though, could be construed as a criticism against our Manager.

Weird take really, I think Appleton knows a lot more than you about how be wants to play with his full backs and your opinion on Poole is over the top and reductive, not that he's never been wrong in his life.

We didn't do bad early in the season did we?

Looking at how the Season has gone I don't understand why anyone would criticise much about anything we have seen. Arguably the best football I have seen as an Imp and you are still looking to pelt a player for a mistake? How about Stephen Gerrard slipping ? Did that make him a bad player? No it exhibited his fallibility .Go and have a lie down Clive its getting embarrassing

This one I do agree with. I often felt during the start/1st half of the season that Appleton wasn’t decisive enough with subs and giving others minutes which could have led to some of the injuries we’ve had.

Looking at how the Season has gone I don't understand why anyone would criticise much about anything we have seen. Arguably the best football I have seen as an Imp and you are still looking to pelt a player for a mistake? How about Stephen Gerrard slipping ? Did that make him a bad player? No it exhibited his fallibility .Go and have a lie down Clive its getting embarrassing

Some people like to be negative, for the sake of being negative.

Weird take really, I think Appleton knows a lot more than you about how be wants to play with his full backs and your opinion on Poole is over the top and reductive, not that he's never been wrong in his life.

We didn't do bad early in the season did we?
Gerrard's slip had nothing to do with his quality as a player Dagur, as you well know. Not arguably the best football we have seen, definitely the best football ever, which is why I query his Jan. signings, which simply are not good enough for the level of football to which we aspire. I am a true supporter, 60 years, but that doesn't make me think that every player a manager signs, is or will be, good enough.

Never like losing but not too disappointed. It feels like we're on the right trajectory with form going into the playoffs. Plenty of the teams around us showing inconsistency so we have as much chance as anybody else. I'm certainly more confident than a few weeks ago. If we have everyone back fighting fit, we have no excuses not to do it. We know how good we really are and I'd fancy us against anyone

Gerrard's slip had nothing to do with his quality as a player Dagur, as you well know. Not arguably the best football we have seen, definitely the best football ever, which is why I query his Jan. signings, which simply are not good enough for the level of football to which we aspire. I am a true supporter, 60 years, but that doesn't make me think that every player a manager signs, is or will be, good enough.

His signings in January were with the future in mind. You don't see them every single day in training and you sure as hell didn't scout them before signing them.

So, who do you think has the best knowledge of them? You or Michael Appleton?

His signings in January were with the future in mind. You don't see them every single day in training and you sure as hell didn't scout them before signing them.

So, who do you think has the best knowledge of them? You or Michael Appleton?
What did you think of Tom Champion? Were you or Danny correct

Yeah who Danny bombed out after about three games.

Not sure pretending everyone else's arguments are extreme when you've said you wrote off Poole as Sunday league after his first game works that well, to be perfectly honest.
Did the same with David Beavon, if you can remember him.

Well Evil C.Dorf some signings that Managers make don't work out I get that I really do . Some pundits need a Venessa Feltz to victimise though don't they? Like I said ,I thought you were better than this Vile F Cord

Cannot agree. Field the best team you can at any given moment because this season is where we are.
Agreed mostly. I’m just saying it’s a plus for him.

Especially given promotion was never the target this season, we’re 2 seasons ahead of schedule and we now want to develop our own players. There’s no pressure on us to get promoted which means when it’s a close call on talent we could prefer to play a more developmental team.

I’m not saying risk results at all here. If you believe Eyoma is a better player than Poole then play Eyoma. I just think it’s a very call.

I don’t think I’ve explained myself well here so this may not go down well.

And by inference, Jez George and Michael Appleton aren't able to see it either?

Poole made one silly mistake which cost us the game, but most on here on Tuesday reckoned he had his best game so far and really looked the part.

One loss and the scapegoat hunters are out again.
Exactly, on your side on this Chester, Poole makes one awful mistake and yes it cost us a penalty. What about all the mistakes Scully and Rogers made. If Scully had held the ball better we may, just may have had a few more chances of scoring, and if some of our players would take some responsibility and had some shots at goal again we may, just may have scored more than Hull, who in my opinion will struggle in the Championship.