Match Thread: Lincoln City v Hull City | Page 41 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Hull City

if he is required at CB he plays CB and Poole continues at RB. If Walsh and or Jackson are fit he takes Pooles place at RB. Pretty simple.

Still seeing a lot of comments about Poole and Bramhall being written off. Not the case, have to play your best team in the here and now. Assuming all players are available neither make the starting XI:

Palmer
Eyoma
Monstma
Walsh
Edun
Grant
Mcgrandles
Bridcutt
Johnson
Rodgers
Hopper

So you have Monstma ahead of Jackson!! There's another debate to be had :toot::toot:

I prefer Edun in midfield than left back and I think he does too. He appears a little too often on the right wing or as a no.10 for me as a left back.

I like Bramall. Seems to have rockets instead of feet. If he spends all summer improving his defensive work he’ll be fine whatever league we’re in.

Still seeing a lot of comments about Poole and Bramhall being written off. Not the case, have to play your best team in the here and now. Assuming all players are available neither make the starting XI:

Palmer
Eyoma
Monstma
Walsh
Edun
Grant
Mcgrandles
Bridcutt
Johnson
Rodgers
Hopper[/QUOTE]

That's my best team too, with Montsma just shading a place over Jackson because of Montsma's scoring ability.

That is also the team that was playing some of the best football we have seen for many years just before injuries hit.

If, fitness and selection permitting, we can get back to that starting eleven, I would back us to get that third automatic place via the play offs.

if he is required at CB he plays CB and Poole continues at RB. If Walsh and or Jackson are fit he takes Pooles place at RB. Pretty simple.

Palmer
Eyoma
Monstma
Walsh
Edun
Grant
Mcgrandles
Bridcutt
Johnson
Rodgers
Hopper

Also my best team....

I know it’s not fashionable to question Michael Appleton’s decision making. But the first time we score from a corner in months is one taken by Scully. We then get another corner and Scully prepares to take it only to see the 4th official holding up the board for him to be subbed. Surely Mr Appleton should have delayed the decision until after the corner was taken.
good point, I thought the same at the time.... don’t remember scully taking many corners this season, but would certainly be giving him another chance on corners when he is next on the pitch.

So earlier in the season we were on a superb run and sitting at the top of the league. During this time MA rarely made substitutions (ie. he knew his best side and kept them on the pitch).
Now we have players that need their game time managing for fitness reasons and MA now makes more substitutions to facilitate this.

I find that hard to fault.

I also would like to know what MA should do if Scully takes another corner and shock horror we don't score from it.

Presumably, immediately substitute him?

And by inference, Jez George and Michael Appleton aren't able to see it either?

Poole made one silly mistake which cost us the game, but most on here on Tuesday reckoned he had his best game so far and really looked the part.

One loss and the scapegoat hunters are out again.
Did you notice the defensive header poole made at Bristol rovers.. the one where he ended up getting injured?
wilson certainly got a fair bit of long term criticism for one header very similar to that.

i have noticed poole’s heading technique could be improved, and expect it will be over time, maybe even over one summer with Appleton. to me there is a big difference between pointing out a technical issue and scapegoating.

And jumping to accuse ‘scapegoating’ is just as extreme as jumping to say a player is ‘Sunday league’.

I see Tayo as a midfielder than can play left back, not the opposite. For me, if he plays regularly in midfield we will likely make a few quid out of him at some stage. Whilst he does OK at left back, I couldn't see as positive a financial outcome for us were that to be his full time position.
A potentially well above average L1 midfielder, albeit some way behind Grant at this stage.
I can see tayo playing championship at least. His game has improved so much. I think he is one of the most technically gifted we have and saw passes others didnt but his execution wasnt quite there. I personsally always thought he was better then somtimes given credit. Experience let him down. He will only get better

I prefer Edun in midfield than left back and I think he does too. He appears a little too often on the right wing or as a no.10 for me as a left back.

I like Bramall. Seems to have rockets instead of feet. If he spends all summer improving his defensive work he’ll be fine whatever league we’re in.
I like bramall too watched him a couple times for Arsenal in Oz and i think Ma will do wonders with him

Whilst we are comparing Eyoma and Poole it is worth remembering that to a certain extent MA needs to play Poole this season regularly because Eyoma returns to Spurs at the end of the season and the need is there to get Poole familiar with our game . This can only be done by match practice. By the way I would love to see Eyoma signed for next season permanently as a Centre Half training Poole who I think has a future and is quite exciting .
Regarding first impressions I thought Toffolo was rubbish when he first played -- but who am I to argue with a professional .

I’d defy that - a lot of fans are suggesting Poole is of greater attacking value than TJ. I’m not seeing any proof of that. Throw a stat about TJ goals and assists from RB, but what has Poole provided in goals and assists in his 15 games? Also take into account the link up play and understanding TJ has, and has had with Brennan, with Scully, even with Harry from day dot. View game 1-15 of this season as TJ’s first 15, compared with Poole in his first 15. Whether the lack of Poole’s understanding with his right winger is his fault, I’ve got no evidence... but he is the common denominator to the dysfunction on that wing going forwards at the moment no doubt. and this isn’t about bashing Poole and scapegoating , this is about TJ currently being the best RB at the club.
Great post