Match Thread: Lincoln City v Hull City | Page 34 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Hull City

We do have the slight problem of only having 2 fit centre backs at the moment, eyoma being on of them.

But, your right, Appleton would play Poole over Eyoma anyway.
Why is that Joe? Why would Appleton do that do you reckon? I mean its not like Appleton seems to knows what he is doing is it?

It was a clumsy challenge from Poole, but yes, win as a team lose as a team. Poole was left to defend the ball in, on the wrong side of their forward, so you could argue that the cross should have been prevented from getting there in the first place.

Probably the other point is that their 6 ft 4 striker shouldn't be on his own with the fullback at the back post - if it had been a cross from our right hand side I don't know if we'd be leaving Edun on that?

Also, can we get Palmer practicing pens in case they come up in the playoffs? I dunno if Wilks had already decided to go that way, but Palmer was already down on the other side by the time it rolled over the line.
He did ok against them in the EFL Trophy. Akinde technique always makes keeper look daft - unless he saves it, then it's the taker looking a muppet.

He did ok against them in the EFL Trophy. Akinde technique always makes keeper look daft - unless he saves it, then it's the taker looking a muppet.

Yeah, I think I've got PTSD from the Sunderland shootout where he threw a couple in. Did save a few against Hull to be fair to him.

Its easy to look at the moment that lost the game rather than the over all picture. Hull did not target Poole as a weakness and neither did they monopolise the play around that part of the pitch . Poole contributed towards a fine Imps performance that bodes well if we make the play offs. In my view blaming Poole for the defeat today is exposing a lack of understanding of how the game works.

Im not really blaming poole for the defeat. But i think when Eyoma is right back we are much more threatening going forward down the right.. my point is really how good i think Eyoma is in that position.

An almost irrelevant result. Top 2 is/was beyond us, play-offs will be secured on Tuesday.
Said to my mate earlier, who couldn't believe Hull were top of the league quality, if we had their size of squad on top of what we have, we would have walked the league.
Good effort from the boys. Play-off lottery to come, I believe🤞, anything can happen. Our fit best 11 is a match for any of the rest.

Im not really blaming poole for the defeat. But i think when Eyoma is right back we are much more threatening going forward down the right.. my point is really how good i think Eyoma is in that position.

I think Eyoma is better defensively and in the air but the attacking angle just doesn't work, he has had basically zero output (bar a header from a corner while playing CB which is not exactly the same thing).

I really don't think Poole and even more markedly Bramall were signed to be out and out defenders, whether people agree with that or not.

Said to my mate earlier, who couldn't believe Hull were top of the league quality, if we had their size of squad on top of what we have, we would have walked the league.
Not just squad size, but experience. Another streetwise side today, you look at the average age of our side again and particularly the back 4. They'll improve from these sort of games.

Why is that Joe? Why would Appleton do that do you reckon? I mean its not like Appleton seems to knows what he is doing is it?

Joe is absolutely correct. When we have two other centre halves fit, TJ is a much better right back than Poole. Both going forward and defensively.

His lack of decent forward passing has been evident for weeks, but his defensive frailties are now starting to show too.

I think Eyoma is better defensively and in the air but the attacking angle just doesn't work, he has had basically zero output (bar a header from a corner while playing CB which is not exactly the same thing).

I really don't think Poole and even more markedly Bramall were signed to be out and out defenders, whether people agree with that or not.

Im talking about his interplay with the midfield... not so much crosses into the box. Eyoma spots a forward pass, plays it quickly and accurately has a good understanding with the right sided players and gets them on the ball... by comparison Poole dithers and often the ball goes backwards. Since Poole has played RB the attacking right has been much quieter.