12 point appeal | Page 11 | Vital Football

12 point appeal

According to a Sheffield journalist he says the efl have clarified with him (I.e they didn’t communicate a very piece of information in the first place) that apparently it is only ourselves that will be punished this season!

I’m sure our QC will be making note of that anomaly too - how can one club be charged in November, have hearing in June and be penalised the following season when our alleged offence only occurred in June and we haven’t even had a hearing? The answer is the IDC are quite likely adhering to the regulations which they’ve interpreted as to when any punishment is due - which they will also apply to use if they find us guilty. So next season!

From PK's chat with Krasner re the cost of the appeal ....... . "If I told you we've got 6,000 pieces of paper from the EFL to consider, that's why it's so high.".

Now it doesn't say if they've already been lodged with the EFL, or if they're still to be presented ................... in which case, there's no way that the appeal will be over and done on 31st July.

Also, it suggests they're going in with something a little more robust than "it was this bloody flu's fault" !.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/half-million-pound-cost-wigan-athletic-appeal-2921188

From PK's chat with Krasner re the cost of the appeal ....... . "If I told you we've got 6,000 pieces of paper from the EFL to consider, that's why it's so high.".

Now it doesn't say if they've already been lodged with the EFL, or if they're still to be presented ................... in which case, there's no way that the appeal will be over and done on 31st July.

Also, it suggests they're going in with something a little more robust than "it was this bloody flu's fault" !.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/half-million-pound-cost-wigan-athletic-appeal-2921188

I think you are reading this wrong mate, please accept my apologies if I am wrong.

The 6000 pieces of paper he is referring to are what the EFL have provided to support their case not ours.

I believe he also said he has had to employ accountants to go over them at a cost of £20k.

These are very expensive legal cases.

I think you are reading this wrong mate, please accept my apologies if I am wrong.

The 6000 pieces of paper he is referring to are what the EFL have provided to support their case not ours.

I believe he also said he has had to employ accountants to go over them at a cost of £20k.

These are very expensive legal cases.
Bugger ........as per normal, you're right TB. I read what I was expecting to read ....."for the EFL" !.

That seems an inordinate amount though from them. They have their regulations, but what else would they be producing? Evidence of precedent? Implications of us winning the appeal? What on earth - from their position - could require so much paper?

That said, Precedent from their point of view is only partly applicable, due to the unique nature of our "insolvency that isn't an insolvency" !. Precedent from our point of view merely needs to show that the EFL have the power to apply leniency in instances where they see fit (eg Blackpool) ............. which is really all we're after.
Dock us 6 ......... even 9 ........ just not 12.

If it is from the efl it’s a pity they didn’t put in as much effort in doing the necessary checks on the ***** that have put us in this mess. I suspect most of it is irrelevant documentation sent to deter an appeal, along with their insistence we pay their costs. I also strongly suspect they are shitting it from a legal perspective given the ramifications at this time of the year, especially as they rarely get what they want/expect from these commissions. Fuck them. There is no precedence really, no one has ever challenged them on this before. The closest was the Blackpool case - and the seasiders won that argument.

"Also, it suggests they're going in with something a little more robust than "it was this bloody flu's fault"

They are; QC told me today he's not using Covid argument.

Not a chance they will send Barnsley down now. Sorry but we are dreaming. If we think so. Administration is 12 points. Every team knows this before the season starts

"Also, it suggests they're going in with something a little more robust than "it was this bloody flu's fault"

They are; QC told me today he's not using Covid argument.
You have passed the QC the evidence of your correspondence with the EFL warning them about this then?

Last edited:
Are we in an insolvency event? Didn't know that!
Franco, in the rules/definition I believe Administration is indeed an ‘insolvency event’....

I’m gutted like everyone else but I‘m with John in so far as how can they tell Barnsley who have pulled off their own miracle ....a week or two down the line, ”sorry it was all for nothing, you’re now relegated ?

If they do, they do ...just not sure they will.

It’s not even that now, think we’re already on the hook for half of it even if we pull out.

Wonder if Chois bet paid out tonight or if he has to wait for the appeal.

Suspect when Yeung does his alleged interview with Admin he'll be wearing a giant gold medallion, a big mink fur coat and doing it from his new luxury yacht bought with some cash he just came into. Not bad for a lad who just put a business into administration...