12 point appeal | Page 9 | Vital Football

12 point appeal

Bugger. That's against their rules though, surely. If that wee so though, I think I'd rather be relegated than have to try and make up a 12 point headstart in this league ........especially if the squad has to be trimmed as we all suspect.

My thots too Moonay, I'd rather we take the appeal all the way. If the story is true it just shows the EFL as a totally inept organisation....

Sorry but what just happened, that was very weird, why would a newspaper say something like that? EFL again very quick to respond to with a statement offered nothing new.

Nope. An EFL statement.

They are certainly under a lot of pressure to settle this. A number of managers have said it needs to be sorted before Wednesdays finale. I can see a lot of legal challenges being made over this if they don't announce a decision before then as it could affect the tactics of the teams in the last 6 places. For instance, if a side is drawing and think they need all three points and push for the win then concede themselves in the last couple of minutes only to find out that one point was enough.

I don't see any reason why they haven't announced Sheff Weds punishment already.

What could be the (justifiable) reason for delay?

Sorry but what just happened, that was very weird, why would a newspaper say something like that? EFL again very quick to respond to with a statement offered nothing new.

All newspapers love to be first with breaking news, but the need to be first massively outweighs the need to be factually correct for many of the media - so a whisper or a rumour gets reported as fact before anyone can confirm it's legit.

They are certainly under a lot of pressure to settle this. A number of managers have said it needs to be sorted before Wednesdays finale. I can see a lot of legal challenges being made over this if they don't announce a decision before then as it could affect the tactics of the teams in the last 6 places. For instance, if a side is drawing and think they need all three points and push for the win then concede themselves in the last couple of minutes only to find out that one point was enough.
It’s ridiculous. I feel for all the fans of the clubs in danger of going down. No wonder Warnock is fuming.

I don't see any reason why they haven't announced Sheff Weds punishment already.

What could be the (justifiable) reason for delay?

To make sure they get enough points to survive their deduction this season or if they don't carry it into next. I'm not being facetious I genuinely think that is the reason - to protect the big club.

What an absolute clusterf@ck of an end of season courtesy of the E (ever) F (f@ckingup) Lunatics running this league. Wednesday looks like it'll be a totally bamboozling nite......

Jock, The EFL have made a statement .......... though they don't mention Sheff Weds!

The interesting paragraph in that for me is this.

At the point a Club is charged with misconduct, it is referred to an Independent Disciplinary Commission and from that point onwards, the format and timing of the proceedings are controlled by that of the Independent Commission. Our stated position and the policy agreed with our Clubs is that we do not pass any comment on these individual matters, other than to confirm the charges at the outset and the subsequent outcomes.

Surely their immediate statement following our Admin breaches that format. I may be wrong but in that statement they have already announced a 12 point deduction not just the charges.

We. Won’t appeal this. For one we have nothing coming in to pay. The truth is the EFL know this. And hit us with the 12 points on wed. Let’s just pray and hope

Jock, The EFL have made a statement .......... though they don't mention Sheff Weds!

I have just read the Mail Online article and it does make sense.

If we are deducted 12 points on Wednesday night and are relegated we are then awaiting the outcome of our appeal.

If our original appeal is not upheld we could then appeal that decision and go to the court of arbitration for sport, as Man City have, and that could take months.

If we are relegated because of the points deduction but win the second appeal we would have to be reinstated and another club relegated. The Mail could possibly have hit the nail on the head.

It is a long shot but stranger things have happened. Imagine the fall out if that scenario played out and the season had started.

I have just read the Mail Online article and it does make sense.

If we are deducted 12 points on Wednesday night and are relegated we are then awaiting the outcome of our appeal.

If our original appeal is not upheld we could then appeal that decision and go to the court of arbitration for sport, as Man City have, and that could take months.

If we are relegated because of the points deduction but win the second appeal we would have to be reinstated and another club relegated. The Mail could possibly have hit the nail on the head.

It is a long shot but stranger things have happened. Imagine the fall out if that scenario played out and the season had started.

I imagine they would rather than reinstate us just try and settle the case with a pay out.

What is a bit strange is if we have a preferred bidder by the 22nd who agree to put a deposit down to cover the necessary bills then why sell players before that is known?

The only reason we are selling assets right now would be to avoid an insolvency event which triggers the 12 point deduction, right now we haven't missed a creditor payment. If we get the 12 points anyway, then whats the point selling players on the cheap now? Let new owners come in and sell after, if we miss early August payments we've already had the 12 points so it wouldn't matter.

It would only be an issue if we didn't pay up before the new season started as then we would be hit with 15 additional next season.