Coronavirus tipping point | Page 147 | Vital Football

Coronavirus tipping point

My view? If one chooses to ignore the rules just because someone else does makes one as big a cock as him........just saying.
But you're an experienced police officer; you must be foxed by peoples' abnormal/illogical behaviour all the time

But you're an experienced police officer; you must be foxed by peoples' abnormal/illogical behaviour all the time
Oh absolutely, just when you think you've seen it all etc etc but to deliberately set out to do a wrong just because "he started it" is a little immature.
Mind you, can't blame them in some ways, he is responsible for the massive "R" in the North at the moment 🙄

The latest scare is not coronavirus but potential fraud in terms of the test and trace programme. The authorities warn against people asking to call 090 and 087 numbers but overlook the fact that criminals can easily clone the test and trace 0300 number and get people to log into bogus websites that allow access to their computers. One drawback is the fact that you cannot call back the 0300 NHS number to test its veracity.

They could do testing but it now all seems too little too late and are people seriously going to self-quarantine after our leader felt inclined to go to Durham. What could be done now won't happen because for starters it would mean a massive climb down by HM Govt.
Our leader didn't go to Durham, obsessing over your personal dislikes only discredits your post.

Ironically there is an article today showing irrefutable evidence of the mass gatherings in the early days of covid making the situation worse, then today, thousands of millennials mass gather to protest about something in a foreign country thousands of miles away.
I hope they won’t be popping into granny on the way home.

Ironically there is an article today showing irrefutable evidence of the mass gatherings in the early days of covid making the situation worse, then today, thousands of millennials mass gather to protest about something in a foreign country thousands of miles away.
Southend showed a massive spike in positive tests after the may Bank Holiday. Seems they didn't read the "but stay 2m apart" bit after the "you can now go to the beach" bit.
I wonder how many of them were "fumin" on Facebook when they read the "some kids can go back to school" bit and will be "kickin off" when they get the "you can go back to work" bit?

Edit. In the name of fairness, this did coincide with an uplift in testing according to councillors 😉

An interesting comment during today's Downing Street briefing. One of the medical experts was talking about testing both for symptoms and for those who may have had covid19. As regards the latter, he indicated that the results are pretty meaningless as there is no science to support any immunity from the disease.

As for the crowds today, did get me wondering.
I heard people saying stuff along the lines of "I'll risk COVID to get our message across"
OK, I do get that, its a very emotive subject and an admirable if slightly foolhardy attitude, BUT. At a time when the govt is under pressure to address the disproportionate number of BAME victims, is it the best idea for thousands of people from that group to gather in very close proximity at this time?
Its almost a perfect storm. I did ask a few protesters if it worried them (and i had a few very interesting conversations with some if their number before it got a bit tasty) but they seemed oblivious to the risk.
Its almost as if some mischievous superior being is having a laugh with us all. 😳

An interesting comment during today's Downing Street briefing. One of the medical experts was talking about testing both for symptoms and for those who may have had covid19. As regards the latter, he indicated that the results are pretty meaningless as there is no science to support any immunity from the disease.
I keep hearing/reading that but at the same time, I've heard/read nothing about anyone that's had it twice (I know there was a report early on but IIRC, the lady tested negative in the end)
I've read a lot about a "temporary" immunity but again, nothing concrete about how long it lasts. There is also a belief amongst some that, although you won't be immune, they believe that a second infection won't cause such bad illness (would post links to these but it was ages ago and can't remember where I saw them).
Truth is, no one seems to know a lot about it or it's effects which is a little concerning.

359 is todays confirmed number for Covid dead in the UK.
That figure is more than all the other EU countries added together.

I went to the supermarket on Monday, I was the only person wearing gloves and mask and one of only a few trying to keep my distance. People in other countries seem to be able to think for themselves, we just complain what the government should be doing.

I went to the supermarket on Monday, I was the only person wearing gloves and mask and one of only a few trying to keep my distance. People in other countries seem to be able to think for themselves, we just complain what the government should be doing.
..........whilst ignoring what we are meant to do

I keep hearing/reading that but at the same time, I've heard/read nothing about anyone that's had it twice (I know there was a report early on but IIRC, the lady tested negative in the end)
I've read a lot about a "temporary" immunity but again, nothing concrete about how long it lasts. There is also a belief amongst some that, although you won't be immune, they believe that a second infection won't cause such bad illness (would post links to these but it was ages ago and can't remember where I saw them).
Truth is, no one seems to know a lot about it or it's effects which is a little concerning.
But your whole post is about speculation - thank heavens we have scientists. I have exactly the same thoughts as you and I hope that those tested were done so using the reliable kit and detailed records of those tested have been kept.

But your whole post is about speculation - thank heavens we have scientists. I have exactly the same thoughts as you and I hope that those tested were done so using the reliable kit and detailed records of those tested have been kept.
Speculation by scientists

I have friends (old work colleagues) in Italy and they were not at all happy with the government before the pandemic. Strangely, they accepted very, very strict lockdown* with almost no dissent - my experience working with Italians was a bit like herding cats at times. Here we have a popular government that seemed intent on not upsetting the people; as a consequence, we had a very informal lockdown by comparison and we're set to hit 40,000 deaths and that's using the lower measure.

* house bound and only allowed out to exercise the dog or go to a pharmacy/food shop. All parks etc shut and any other journey could only be made by permission of the police, ie they sent a form bearing a unique number. We're already ahead of Italy in terms of easing lockdown restrictions

Last edited: