Coronavirus tipping point | Page 146 | Vital Football

Coronavirus tipping point

"indirect deaths that maybe related to the lockdown"
Interesting fact that, ties in with a previous post where I quoted the oncologist who reckons there will be 50k extra cancer deaths by September due to lockdown. 😳
And they are also due to the virus

Yes, of course I've grasped that fact.
I'm not an effing idiot !
My point is, how long do the fit and healthy stay lockdown to protect the likes of you ?
Is it fair to ask them to?
Could there be a two tier system when the old and infirm basically stay home as much as possible and the young get on with life ?
What about the many unfit and unhealthy younger people? Where do you draw the line. Or maybe put yellow stars on old folk. We don't know how this virus might emerge in future and perhaps go after young people.

Not really, because under 35's are the ones that are actually hardest hit by lockdown (40% are in jobs that can't be socially distanced).

It was aimed at Shotsy, who's retired lol But you're right, financially it's affecting the younger ones more than the Shotsy types :-)

Yes, of course I've grasped that fact.
I'm not an effing idiot !
My point is, how long do the fit and healthy stay lockdown to protect the likes of you ?
Is it fair to ask them to?
Could there be a two tier system when the old and infirm basically stay home as much as possible and the young get on with life ?
Yes, it is pretty obvious that is what is happening. The young will be sacrificing their careers and future to protect the elderly (who have paid off their mortgages and have secured incomes). Probably the 4th time Ive said that on this thread?

I'm between the two (49). Personally I'd like to be able to take my chances, and make my own decisions what to do. I am sadder when I see a sign for a closed cafe saying "est 2020" than I am hearing about a 75 year old who has died. Maybe it's my age and I'll feel different if I was 10 or 20 years older?

What about the many unfit and unhealthy younger people?.
Get them fit! FFS it's not that difficult to understand! If someone is a higher risk if they are overweight, they should be outside in the sun trying to lose a few pounds, not locked away.

Yes, it is pretty obvious that is what is happening. The young will be sacrificing their careers and future to protect the elderly (who have paid off their mortgages and have secured incomes). Probably the 4th time Ive said that on this thread?

I'm between the two (49). Personally I'd like to be able to take my chances, and make my own decisions what to do. I am sadder when I see a sign for a closed cafe saying "est 2020" than I am hearing about a 75 year old who has died. Maybe it's my age and I'll feel different if I was 10 or 20 years older?

Lucky you dont have the job of deciding who is worth saving lol.

I am still not understanding the questions by the media on the impact of the virus on non whites.
This is so obvious that I fail to see the debate - poor people have always suffered in health issues and people who are more likely to be on the front line also suffer more. We also know that different ethnic groups sometimes have more susceptibility to certain disease strains.

So what exactly are they asking for? What do they expect anyone to do with it? Men are also dying, will men be shielded, wtf do they expect the current government to do about anything in the short term?

So what exactly are they asking for? What do they expect anyone to do with it? Men are also dying, will men be shielded, wtf do they expect the current government to do about anything in the short term?
I'd think a bit before you write. The answer is obvious - early and targeted testing for starters. The idea of the Govt investigation is to come up with recommendations not immediate solutions.

I'd think a bit before you write. The answer is obvious - early and targeted testing for starters. The idea of the Govt investigation is to come up with recommendations not immediate solutions.

I had thought thats why I wrote.

Everyone needs early testing. Are men to get earlier testing than women?
Maybe you did not read that some were discussing moving bame people from front line job, why not men?
Once again many of the questions were around what will the government do now about this perceived inequality?

I had thought thats why I wrote.

Everyone needs early testing. Are men to get earlier testing than women?
Maybe you did not read that some were discussing moving bame people from front line job, why not men?
Once again many of the questions were around what will the government do now about this perceived inequality?
In Germany, they mainlined initially on those returning from skiing holidays in Italy and carried on from there. I guess the answer is yes, ie select the vulnerable first or better still test and trace from the outset.

Test and trace from the outset of what?
You speak in riddles.
Nobody is quite sure what you are trying to say.

Media still hounding this today. They and others are wanting to know what is recommended to happen now not in the future.
In the future then obviously it is a bigger task and involves poverty issues etc.
In the immediate different NHS trusts are looking into what they can now, so thats the question, exactly what can the government do ASAP apart from testing?

In the immediate different NHS trusts are looking into what they can now, so thats the question, exactly what can the government do ASAP apart from testing?
They could do testing but it now all seems too little too late and are people seriously going to self-quarantine after our leader felt inclined to go to Durham. What could be done now won't happen because for starters it would mean a massive climb down by HM Govt.

They could do testing but it now all seems too little too late and are people seriously going to self-quarantine after our leader felt inclined to go to Durham. What could be done now won't happen because for starters it would mean a massive climb down by HM Govt.
My view? If one chooses to ignore the rules just because someone else does makes one as big a cock as him........just saying.