Coronavirus tipping point | Page 145 | Vital Football

Coronavirus tipping point

No I shouldn't be feeling bad about assuming the worst of 3x6?

Or, no you've not been taking a break from the board cos of me?

If the former, yeah, I know. If the latter, I'm glad to hear it. Either way, very pleased you're back in the room!
No mate, just took a break from the negativity and animosity. Took a look today and saw it's still here but will post sparingly and not allow myself to get wound up. Its been a peaceful week ✌

Do you know what?
I read the most amazing covid stat today.

Out of all covid fatalities, only 0.35 % were under the age of 35 and some of those had severe underlying medical problems.

Incredible

Do you know what?
I read the most amazing covid stat today.

Out of all covid fatalities, only 0.35 % were under the age of 35 and some of those had severe underlying medical problems.

Incredible
I'm amazed you are amazed by that?! It should be common knowledge by now that the virus is dangerous and potential fatal to the old, but minor and sometimes no symptoms for younger people. The issue is young people giving the virus to old people, not catching it themselved

I'm amazed you are amazed by that?! It should be common knowledge by now that the virus is dangerous and potential fatal to the old, but minor and sometimes no symptoms for younger people. The issue is young people giving the virus to old people, not catching it themselved
I’m amazed that you’re amazed that I’m amazed 😂

I tell you what really amazed me, less than half of one percent.
That’s amazing.

So unless you are elderly (say over 70) or poorly, then just get on with life.
Is it really fair for the young and healthy to stay in any longer?
Just asking.

I’m amazed that you’re amazed that I’m amazed 😂

I tell you what really amazed me, less than half of one percent.
That’s amazing.

So unless you are elderly (say over 70) or poorly, then just get on with life.
Is it really fair for the young and healthy to stay in any longer?
Just asking.
They can still carry the disease and pass it on to others and do

YES!

Ffs obviously yes.

Really?
So what if the situation is exactly the same in two weeks time and then exactly the same in another two weeks time.
Do you expect young healthy fit people to be restricted forever just because some others are vulnerable?
How long?
Seriously.

Do you expect young healthy fit people to be restricted forever just because some others are vulnerable?
Have you not grasped the fact that the virus passes from person to person. The vulnerable are just as susceptible to young, healthy and fit people as any others.

Have you not grasped the fact that the virus passes from person to person. The vulnerable are just as susceptible to young, healthy and fit people as any others.
Yes, of course I've grasped that fact.
I'm not an effing idiot !
My point is, how long do the fit and healthy stay lockdown to protect the likes of you ?
Is it fair to ask them to?
Could there be a two tier system when the old and infirm basically stay home as much as possible and the young get on with life ?

My point is, how long do the fit and healthy stay lockdown to protect the likes of you ?
Could there be a two tier system when the old and infirm basically stay home as much as possible and the young get on with life ?
No - where do you draw the line?

If it really was a solution to segregate the response like that I would consider it. It isn't. We secured the NHS by basically shutting it down and concentrating on Covid but that is not sustainable long term or even medium term. We can assume that there could be an ordinary flu season this year and if we combine that with large numbers of Covid infections the crisis will be back. There are way more vulnerable people than some imagine.

Much of our economy is sevice based and a very good proportion of customers are older people with money to spend. Open up and keep them indoors and many areas of activity will struggle to continue. Have you looked around at Priestfield?

We have proven ourselves incapable of keeping the virus out of hospitals and care homes. I don't have any confidence that we would do so in a two tier approach. Just look at the shamble in parliament right now. The best way forward is to keep driving numbers down, adjust things according to events, get an effective test and trace system going and get used to the new ways. We do need a deal more truth to do this.

Fairly irrelevant. Very little evidence that lockdown is not unofficially finished or in its death thro.
People at tesco gill have now lost the ability to understand one way arrows on the floor and people ducking in front of each order less that a foot distancing to grab something from a shelf. This deterioration is pronounced in the last week.
People meeting whoever they feel like wherever they feel like.