🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread

Just so you know, he ignored the medics advice and had put pressure on him to play, so he played. (what would you have done after basically being called publicly a pussy?)

Anyone here that thinks a medic can fully diagnose a groin muscle issue without the benefit of putting a player under the knife is clueless.

What actually happens is the medics (they also fear for their opinions) say something like "how do you feel?" players says "it doesn't feel stable/right, I suspect I need more recovery time, I'm not ready to play at 100%" and that's what they say to the manager, the player actually doesn't say a word until the Manager asks him directly - the problem is unless Jose hears what he wants to hear, he doesn't give a flying f**k how he treats injured players.

Manager says, "fcuk it, I need you to play" and as some here think 'calls him out as it's a 'mental' weakness issue (as if any athlete doesn't know how his own body feels!!)

Dembele with his upper hammy. lower back/hip issue was signed off to play dozens of times, but had the confidence to tell the manager he wasn't ready; so we took our time and avoided him continuously breaking down (although he did on occasion do just that). What we didn't do is call him out on it for having some pseudo mental 'weakness'.

If we'd had any fcuking sense instead of the macho bullshite being spouted by some, we'd have bit the bullet, kept our mouths shout (as we did with Eric under Poch) and worked on his body confidence by putting him through a full rehab program and getting him on the pitch fully fit and raring to go; instead of exacerbating the problem yet again. Instead, we've properly screwed him up now.

And yes, we bought him injured, that was Poch's decision as he was desperate to get him.

If he wasn't ready sorry the player should have stood his ground and the medical staff should have stepped in. Jose didn't put a gun to his head.

That shows a weak mentality from all concerned. This is not all on Jose no way.

As for Poch I'm not surprised. We went nearly 18 months without any signings and then he signed two that were injured from the off. That bloke was a frigging moron.

If he wasn't ready sorry the player should have stood his ground and the medical staff should have stepped in. Jose didn't put a gun to his head.

As for Poch I'm not surprised. We went nearly 18 months without any signings and then he signed two that were injured from the off. That bloke was a frigging moron.

Are you saying we should have pulled out of the Sess deal when he got injured for the England 21's in June? We'd surely been working on it when he was perfectly fit and well for his club.

Personally, I think our angst should be aimed at the existing players, not the newbies. The new guys should be measured on what they do during their entire contract and not the first 10% of it. I think all 3 will be just fine given time.

Just so you know, he ignored the medics advice and had put pressure on him to play, so he played. (what would you have done after basically being called publicly a pussy?)

Anyone here that thinks a medic can fully diagnose a groin muscle issue without the benefit of putting a player under the knife is clueless.

What actually happens is the medics (they also fear for their opinions) say something like "how do you feel?" players says "it doesn't feel stable/right, I suspect I need more recovery time, I'm not ready to play at 100%" and that's what they say to the manager, the player actually doesn't say a word until the Manager asks him directly - the problem is unless Jose hears what he wants to hear, he doesn't give a flying f**k how he treats injured players.

Manager says, "fcuk it, I need you to play" and as some here think 'calls him out as it's a 'mental' weakness issue (as if any athlete doesn't know how his own body feels!!)

Dembele with his upper hammy. lower back/hip issue was signed off to play dozens of times, but had the confidence to tell the manager he wasn't ready; so we took our time and avoided him continuously breaking down (although he did on occasion do just that). What we didn't do is call him out on it for having some pseudo mental 'weakness'.

If we'd had any fcuking sense instead of the macho bullshite being spouted by some, we'd have bit the bullet, kept our mouths shout (as we did with Eric under Poch) and worked on his body confidence by putting him through a full rehab program and getting him on the pitch fully fit and raring to go; instead of exacerbating the problem yet again. Instead, we've properly screwed him up now.

And yes, we bought him injured, that was Poch's decision as he was desperate to get him.
We’d had him 4 months and bought him injured before Jose arrived....why didn’t the medical team put him under the knife to get a proper diagnosis from the start? If the player keeps saying he can play and then he can’t wasn’t it obvious what was needed? So when Jose arrives he has a player who has not been able to play but at the same time is not having any effective treatment to get fit. When asked the situation he tells the truth (you know that thing that mustn’t be spoken to football players)...sometimes he feels fit to play and sometimes he doesn’t....we don’t know what the problem is....now we know from what you said what is ND still doing out of hospital?

Are you saying we should have pulled out of the Sess deal when he got injured for the England 21's in June? We'd surely been working on it when he was perfectly fit and well for his club.

Personally, I think our angst should be aimed at the existing players, not the newbies. The new guys should be measured on what they do during their entire contract and not the first 10% of it. I think all 3 will be just fine given time.
The difference with ND is obviously the medical staff didn’t, and apparently still don’t, know what his injury is whereas with Sess it was a hamstring and even our medical department knows how to treat that.

The difference with ND is obviously the medical staff didn’t, and apparently still don’t, know what his injury is whereas with Sess it was a hamstring and even our medical department knows how to treat that.

Not quite the point I was making actually.

Ndombele has played almost 100 games in the last 2 seasons for Lyon. If he had a weakness he certainly hid it well until he walked into our lives. I'm more interested in knowing why it seems infinitely worse now and don't relate this to Poch making bad choices. Ditto Sess and GLC.

We made 3 good signings in the summer in my opinion, and I have hope that the 4th Clarke will be a player as well.

No I'm saying after not signing anyone for 18 months and signing injured players only was suicide. Practically going 2 years without any new players getting regular game time.

If we signed injured players then Poch should have added a few more faces to help the old guard. Even a few loans would have helped.

Poch had ran his squad into the ground for over 5 years. Burn out was obvious last season.

I actually like the look of Ndombele and Lo. Not sure about Sess yet.

Not quite the point I was making actually.

Ndombele has played almost 100 games in the last 2 seasons for Lyon. If he had a weakness he certainly hid it well until he walked into our lives. I'm more interested in knowing why it seems infinitely worse now and don't relate this to Poch making bad choices. Ditto Sess and GLC.

We made 3 good signings in the summer in my opinion, and I have hope that the 4th Clarke will be a player as well.

No, don't talk commonsense; don't you know he has 'mental issues'? - he's proved difficult in France; he should have played 101 games, not 100...but he didn't play in that extra game because of a mental 'weakness' and 'attitude' problem..

As we know in football and in any sport any injury can happen at any time; what at first seems minor, may well become a long term issue if you don't give yourself the time needed to fully recover, or of course it can magically and mystically turn into an attitude problem...

Of course all of the above is tongue in cheek. Yes, seriously it is.:bow:

The player followed protocol and did stand his ground. How you spin that into a weak mentality is beyond any reasonable or sensible assumption.

The player followed protocol and did stand his ground. How you spin that into a weak mentality is beyond any reasonable or sensible assumption.

Not really. He has previous and has looked weak during certain games. Plenty of articles went around when we signed him questioning his mentality.

I hope he turns this around. Jose does really rate him. He clearly wants to build a midfield around him.

Not really. He has previous and has looked weak during certain games. Plenty of articles went around when we signed him questioning his mentality.

I hope he turns this around. Jose does really rate him. He clearly wants to build a midfield around him.

Seriously, what previous?

Can you find these articles questioning his mentality? The only 'questionable' part of his history was when he was 'fat' - brought about by his parents traditional African cooking.

There was a piece in the Guardian by David Hytner on 3rd July on Ndombele. He does some digging on the players time in France and it's not all glowing. His attitude was questioned by previous coaches, his weight, his build. They felt he did not push himself enough. He was accused of being nonchalant, of losing the ball in dangerous areas. 3 French clubs turned him down for reasons above. He has been hyped up by Lyon as the new MF maestro.
He may well go on to be so but we have seen indications of the above, the most worrying for me is is fitness which seems to be affecting his playing time .

This is what I dug up written in July.

I have a few people in France who watch and have scouted in France. They were split. One said that Tanguy had all the ability in the world but not much discipline and they were not sure what would happen when he was pushed but thinks he will rise. The other thought he was lazy and is a wasted opportunity and when pushed he will sulk and not put in enough effort for English football

Mourinho has previous for being a total knob when it comes to looking after his players fitness, so not sure why bringing up hearsay about Ndombele's attitude in the past is really going to prove anything.

Something needs to be done at the club with regards to fitness because I don't think I have ever seen such incompetence from all parties in quite some time.

Seriously, what previous?

Can you find these articles questioning his mentality? The only 'questionable' part of his history was when he was 'fat' - brought about by his parents traditional African cooking.

I agree ex since turning pro he has had nothing but rave reviews. It's the same as most players , people are going to be split. I asked 2 people who know the game they played the game at a very high level both in England with me and in France . Speaking to them they are split . One thinks he will be fine but the other thinks he will not like it under Jose. You will never know . I hated playing for one manager that gets rave reviews from everyone.
Different options is why football is so great . On Tanguy we will have to wait and see .

Mourinho has previous for being a total knob when it comes to looking after his players fitness, so not sure why bringing up hearsay about Ndombele's attitude in the past is really going to prove anything.

Something needs to be done at the club with regards to fitness because I don't think I have ever seen such incompetence from all parties in quite some time.

So Jose has previous and so he’s wrong, Nombele has previous but we ignore.

So, I ask again; what previous does N'Dombele have to be deemed mentally weak?

Please point to facts/hard evidence.
If you Google David Hytner Ndombele it will bring you to a Guardian article which provides a brief history of the player. It praises his ability and is a balanced piece . It does contain references to his attitude in the past . I'm not saying its conclusive or hard evidence but it's worth a read.

So, I ask again; what previous does N'Dombele have to be deemed mentally weak?

Please point to facts/hard evidence.

NRD has already done so

Also, just look at him physically.

He joined fat and out of shape.