🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread

Don't agree. My guess is there's been periods of rest and then there's been periods of strengthening and training on that groin injury. My guess is that neither the player or the medical staff have been impressed by the manager coercing Tanguy to play. It's not about Tanguy being a pussy or refusing surgery. The medial people would decide on surgery anyway, not the player.

To me, this doesn't look good on Jose. He should stick to what he's an expert on and not question his medical staff or individual players in this way.

He’s medical staff must be clearing him to okay/train or else they would step in say something.

Didn’t he say they said he’s fit?

I don’t think he would go against them

Sell him.

Pointless.

Jose is word for word correct about him.
We have such an embarrassment of riches we can afford to sell him? Right now he is the one player in the squad I would want to keep. He's the only one who seems consistently capable ofcontrolling the ball, retaining possession and passing to one of our players.

We have such an embarrassment of riches we can afford to sell him? Right now he is the one player in the squad I would want to keep. He's the only one who seems consistently capable ofcontrolling the ball, retaining possession and passing to one of our players.

Which we see once a month

He’s medical staff must be clearing him to okay/train or else they would step in say something.

It's a shades of grey conversation with these types of injuries even with the best medical staff in the world. You don't really know whether it's rest or training that is best. It's also working so intrinsically with the hamstrings, quads and the glutes etc that it's probably true that some days are better than others. It was for me.

I tore my groin when playing and I didn't know for a long time when it was 100% again. After serious time out, I eventually played and would have never taken a corner or free-kick with it but it was mostly OK in the tackles but they weren't as hard as before. I'd need plenty of rest after matches though and it would hurt after games. It eventually got stronger and eventually I was back to normal again. That entire process was probably a year without the access to the top medical facilities these guys have.

I still say that the medical team, the player or least of all the manager don't know definitively with that specific injury. Jose should know that with his experience and not be stirring the pot in the way he did.

If we are to get the best out of him he needs a proper CDM behind him. The problem is we expect him to be fantastic because he cost 60 mill . He came from the French league which is not as good as our league. He may have been class in the French league but he may just be average.

My gut tells me he is a wrong fit.
Be it under Jose. Or in the prem.
Le Arse have Ozil.
Manure have Pogba.
We have this boy.
Much as I think he can play. It's just started bad and is getting worse. His agent will be in his ear already I shouldn't wonder.

Jose doesn't have the best history with medical staff.

This man is driving me insane. When he plays he is the only thing that makes watching us an enjoyable experience. A tremendous footballer. Positive in everything he does with a football. Exceptional passer and a natural dribbler but fuck me he looks unhappy .Whether it's physically or mentally I don't know. It's just typical Spurs though. Buy the most exciting midfielder in Europe and some how it becomes an absolute cluster fuck.

In general, given the number of hamstring problems we have, I have to question whether our medical staff and the conditioning staff are really that good.

It was interesting watching Arsenal tonight and against Chelsea...started like a high pressure hose in the first half...no legs left in the second half...I’m guessing they are being asked by Arteta to perform like City but haven’t got the training right yet to give them the stamina.

Of course, having a poor squad doesn’t help with players being overplayed and a Christmas schedule will overstretch many players.

Jose really rates him. He really wants him fit. But he clearly thinks he is weak mentally.

trustme is right this is so frustrating it's unreal. Hands down our best CM. Cost a mountain of money but we can't get him fit. He does seem fragile. Dembele was always injured he just got on with it whilst players bounced off him.

Most players carry injuries at this stage of the season. Maybe Jose just wants him to suck it up for the good of the team?

I'm understanding why Sissoko plays so much, he rarely gets injured regardless of how shit he is.

BL - None of these players Jose selected...he is stuck with a bunch of weak minded, weak willed, jackasses. (a few players not included...unfortunately it is only a handful...)

Jose needs time to get rid of some garbage and bring in some of his own.

Until then all he can do is drag our rotting carcass along and try to keep us up.

I have been giving Ndombele the benefit of the doubt, now it's just doubt. I am now concerned he does not have the physicality or the mind set for the PL. That's on top of a groin problem that may take some time to fix even though he may never make it with us on ability. I am less concerned about Loco but would send him back if we could, it's not worth the risk for 40 odd mil.

I have been giving Ndombele the benefit of the doubt, now it's just doubt. I am now concerned he does not have the physicality or the mind set for the PL. That's on top of a groin problem that may take some time to fix even though he may never make it with us on ability. I am less concerned about Loco but would send him back if we could, it's not worth the risk for 40 odd mil.

I see no point sending Gio back when he's on a 1 year loan agreement for £15m. We're short of numbers and can already see him adjusting to the Prem. No point making that decision now when we can assess it in May. Not sure I like the idea of Levy getting that money back in his pocket either.

My guess is that Ndombele would be on a 3-4 month cycle of recovery if he were to go under the knife. It feels like we've used Jul-Dec to try and get him fit so I'm unsure why anything would be different in these next few months. It feels like he needs complete rest or surgery rather than the current pattern.

Jose has said the medical guys cleared him to play against Brighton but he said he wasn't ready during the warm up.

There is clearly a communication issue between all 3 parties.

I'm not buying Jose has ignored the medical teams advice.

Just so you know, he ignored the medics advice and had put pressure on him to play, so he played. (what would you have done after basically being called publicly a pussy?)

Anyone here that thinks a medic can fully diagnose a groin muscle issue without the benefit of putting a player under the knife is clueless.

What actually happens is the medics (they also fear for their opinions) say something like "how do you feel?" players says "it doesn't feel stable/right, I suspect I need more recovery time, I'm not ready to play at 100%" and that's what they say to the manager, the player actually doesn't say a word until the Manager asks him directly - the problem is unless Jose hears what he wants to hear, he doesn't give a flying f**k how he treats injured players.

Manager says, "fcuk it, I need you to play" and as some here think 'calls him out as it's a 'mental' weakness issue (as if any athlete doesn't know how his own body feels!!)

Dembele with his upper hammy. lower back/hip issue was signed off to play dozens of times, but had the confidence to tell the manager he wasn't ready; so we took our time and avoided him continuously breaking down (although he did on occasion do just that). What we didn't do is call him out on it for having some pseudo mental 'weakness'.

If we'd had any fcuking sense instead of the macho bullshite being spouted by some, we'd have bit the bullet, kept our mouths shout (as we did with Eric under Poch) and worked on his body confidence by putting him through a full rehab program and getting him on the pitch fully fit and raring to go; instead of exacerbating the problem yet again. Instead, we've properly screwed him up now.

And yes, we bought him injured, that was Poch's decision as he was desperate to get him.

The risk is closer to £23 mill. By tnext season he'll be a must-play player.