🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread

I agree. I am not sure if Mopo was too lenient with them.
Say what you like about Timmy, when he called a few out after a defeat I was more than happy for him to do so. It was refreshing. and deserved.

I wonder if there is more to this than we are seeing. To my mind, if Jose rated him, he wouldn't be doing it this way.

He clearly can blow smoke up players arses when he chooses to, as he is doing with Eriksen at the moment.

Where was the fear under Mopo?

Play badly and... play the next game.

I think he’s just trying to get him to man up a bit.

Where was the fear under Mopo?

Play badly and... play the next game.

I think he’s just trying to get him to man up a bit.
Yeah.
But it's not cool (IMHO) to ball him out and not a Rose or an Eriksen.
Doesn't make sense.
I reckon it's behind the scenes stuff. He must think something is up.

He is intimating he isn't talking to him though. That's different.

It's a bit of a stupid question on the face if it. Is a player frustrated at not playing when trying to establish himself at a new club ? Of course he should be !!
But Jose it seems is not sure he is. Maybe Jose suspects there is a problem that was there before the player joined ? If that is true Jose would have reason to be pissed.

I’m all for it tbh.

Sick of players taking the piss.

Where was the criticism of Harry after he did the same with Bale?

The culture at the club needs to changed, they had a chance to do it with a lovey dovey manager and didn’t.

100 % this .

No Dembele has contributed nothing to this team but is no doubt earning a fortune commensurate to his transfer fee.

Said it before, get rid ASAP.

Dembele wasn’t that good his first season with us either.
We need Ndom at 100% playing regularly imo.

I am not a Jose fan by any stretch and I'd love an excuse to get on his case :sneaky:, but nothing he has said about No Dembele (credit to Chiv for that beauty) strikes me as hanging the lad out to dry. This was a topic of conversation amongst us before he arrived. In fact, I feel we might be getting some slivers of truth rather than the usual smoke blown up our arses.

I was told when we signed him that he wouldn't hack it in the Prem, that he is another Bakayoko ... phenomenal against the farmers and grape pickers of Ligue 1, but not so much when the tempo is ramped up and hes competing with guys who want it badly every week.

There is a player in there, no doubt, but it means nothing if you are found wanting physically and mentally in this league. Maybe the Prem just isn't for him (and I'm not referring to his skills here). I hope he can overcome his issues as I want the lad to be great for us and wish him nothing but the best, but he is at best a role player for the rest of this season ... and a very early entry into possibly our worst piece of transfer business ever.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Not quite the point I was making actually.

Ndombele has played almost 100 games in the last 2 seasons for Lyon. If he had a weakness he certainly hid it well until he walked into our lives. I'm more interested in knowing why it seems infinitely worse now and don't relate this to Poch making bad choices. Ditto Sess and GLC.

We made 3 good signings in the summer in my opinion, and I have hope that the 4th Clarke will be a player as well.
That's a good point. If we signed him injured, then how did he play in basically 50 games a season over the past two years, even playing 90 minutes in 9 of Lyons last 10 games? Did he get injured on holiday? Did he have an accident with his remote control? Or was it porridge related? (sorry about that!)

Where is this rumour we signed him with an injury coming from? Where is the evidence of that?

N'dom putting himself on the twitters as back fit and fighting soon by the looks of things. If he's right here is hoping he is the boy (and leader) we thought he will be.

Must keep him fit for the rest of the season.

Need him fit and firing for the CL games, between now and then we have Norwich, Saints, City & Villa. Hopefully he can play some part V Saints and ease him back for the City & Villa games.

So it's a groin issue yes ? As has been said these are notoriously difficult to deal with. I wouldn't be surprised if he broke down again.

So it's a groin issue yes ? As has been said these are notoriously difficult to deal with. I wouldn't be surprised if he broke down again.

As I am now going through a 'groin issue' and have been for a while and I'm now due to have an op on (given up after nearly 3 months of sports injury physio and rehab) - he entirely has my sympathies; they are a *****!!!

I agree this guy can develop into an absolute monster...get him healthy and give Jose a chance to work with him.