🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread

NRD if you want us to progress we will need a DM. Our attacking players don't put the work in required for us to get away without one.

They also struggle to keep possession.

It's not a coincidence since Dembele has been sold we have been on the decline. I would add Wanna and Diers decline to a reason aswell.

No spine no title challenge simple as that.

He is potentially a very very top talent. The three passes he sees and executes against Liverpool....last time we had that is Glen Hoddel. I dont care how long he lasts play him for Eriksen. Get a fit orthodox defensive midfielder in Bruno Fernandes and a Right back. Shift whoever's the hell we can.

He is potentially a very very top talent. The three passes he sees and executes against Liverpool....last time we had that is Glen Hoddel. I dont care how long he lasts play him for Eriksen. Get a fit orthodox defensive midfielder in Bruno Fernandes and a Right back. Shift whoever's the hell we can.

We should play Dier. Over time he may get back to top form and we may even buy better, but at least he is an orthodox DM and would enable guys like Ndombele to play to their strengths. I can't think he is far from being 100% fit again.

We should play Dier. Over time he may get back to top form and we may even buy better, but at least he is an orthodox DM and would enable guys like Ndombele to play to their strengths. I can't think he is far from being 100% fit again.
Agreed more money to buy fullbacks

Dier's head has gone. I saw a broken player against Brighton. Over weight, no desire. He has been on the decline for over 2 years.

Only a manager change will get him out of this rut now.

Even if Levy would pay a premium to sign him in jan, would Fernandes agree to join THFC? I am not convinced, but I’d love for it to happen.
I have suggested Haaland, but that’s not happening - one has to act quick with that calibre of player. A great alternative is Alexander Isak, the biggest Swedish talent since Zlatan himself! Scored again this weekend to bring Real Sociedad 3rd in la liga! He can play centre forward or on the right. Sublime technique and skill, pace and vision.
I imagine Son, Kane and Isak up front with Fernandes behind them would be the best attack in the league.

Everyone wants Dier until he plays. Then he plays,isn't much good and is back as deadwood until people forget and want him back in again.

On the form of the one really good season he had he would've been ideal partner for ndombele but truth is he has to play a lot of games and make a lot of mistakes before he gets back to that. Patience isn't one ours,as fans, strong points.

He became too laid back for my liking. No zip in his play and always liable to get nicked of the ball. His attempts to block shots were lazy and arrogant. Pity because I like him but seen a different player after his United move was seemingly blocked.

Just going back to Dier he is tactically and positionally very good for that particular role but more needed now to compete at the very top

Even if Levy would pay a premium to sign him in jan, would Fernandes agree to join THFC? I am not convinced, but I’d love for it to happen.
I have suggested Haaland, but that’s not happening - one has to act quick with that calibre of player. A great alternative is Alexander Isak, the biggest Swedish talent since Zlatan himself! Scored again this weekend to bring Real Sociedad 3rd in la liga! He can play centre forward or on the right. Sublime technique and skill, pace and vision.
I imagine Son, Kane and Isak up front with Fernandes behind them would be the best attack in the league.
? I'm going to need a towel....

Seen Zakaria in the flesh when Ireland played the Swiss in Dublin a while back. He played further forward that night and was very good so he is versatile too.. Looks a gem. His stock is rising fast

He clearly still isn't fit enough:

“It was more fatigue” – Tottenham star expects to be back soon after injury against Sheffield United

Tanguy Ndombele believes he will be fit for France by Sunday
Tottenham midfielder Tanguy Ndombele was substituted at half-time during in the 1-1 draw against Sheffield United.
Mauricio Pochettino confirmed that the Frenchman was struggling with an issue, and has to be subbed out.

Tanguy-Ndombele-celebrates-1024x683.jpg
Tanguy Ndombele celebrates after scoring for Tottenham (Image credit: Getty)
However, Ndombele joined his international teammates ahead of the two-week break. The midfielder was quoted by L’Equipe suggesting that the problem wasn’t serious and he should be back soon (h/t Football.london):
“I had tests that said there was nothing serious, it was more fatigue.
“What is certain is that I am fit for Sunday. Thursday may be a little early, I don’t think I’ll be 100%.”​
France manager Didier Deschamps also claimed the problem would be “resolved within 48 hours” and didn’t need to call-up someone else.
Ndombele doing well in debut season
Tottenham’s campaign has been far from great as we dropped points again. We have gone five Premier League matches without a win and sit 11 points behind fourth-placed Manchester City after just 12 games.
Tanguy-Ndombele-and-Paul-Pogba-1024x606.jpg
Tanguy Ndombele (R) competes for the ball against Paul Pogba during pre-season (Image credit: Getty)
Ndombele has looked in good touch since joining in the summer from Lyon. The 22-year-old has two goals and three assists so far in the campaign too.
We need him to stay fit for long as there are some big games coming up. Spurs travel to West Ham after the international break and then face Olympiakos, Bournemouth and Manchester United in the next two weeks.

There was a piece in the Guardian by David Hytner on 3rd July on Ndombele. He does some digging on the players time in France and it's not all glowing. His attitude was questioned by previous coaches, his weight, his build. They felt he did not push himself enough. He was accused of being nonchalant, of losing the ball in dangerous areas. 3 French clubs turned him down for reasons above. He has been hyped up by Lyon as the new MF maestro.
He may well go on to be so but we have seen indications of the above, the most worrying for me is is fitness which seems to be affecting his playing time .