The Ørjan Nyland Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Ørjan Nyland Thread

I thought he was more unlucky than culpable for the 2nd goal, much like the 1st against Wigan. He made some great saves to keep us in it and his distribution was better. Jedinak tried to do him in again though, not sure what he's got against the bloke.

At least there were positive signs last night. Far from the finished article but better than in his first two games. De Gea would be edgy behind our “defence”.

At least there were positive signs last night. Far from the finished article but better than in his first two games. De Gea would be edgy behind our “defence”.

Agree, considering our current defence, nyland is doing great. Hes taking blame which should be directed at our defence / at Bruce for not prioritising a solid CB to partner Chester.

I sit in the upper North towards the trinity and I had a great view of the double save. When that ball came across the box I actually shouted "oh no" so certain I was that the striker would put it away. How Nyland kept that out and managed to get up to make another great save immediately I do not know.

Though he was slow off his line in the penalty incident today, not seen it on TV yet my gut reaction was keepers ball, next thing I know refs pointing at the spot.
Yep two brilliant saves. needs to command his 6-yard box though a couple of corners he didn't come for right in there.
He is looking more the part except for he's a bit slow off his line , needs to be quicker with two snails like Jedi and Chester at the back

Though he was slow off his line in the penalty incident today, not seen it on TV yet my gut reaction was keepers ball, next thing I know refs pointing at the spot.
Yep two brilliant saves. needs to command his 6-yard box though a couple of corners he didn't come for right in there.
He is looking more the part except for he's a bit slow off his line , needs to be quicker with two snails like Jedi and Chester at the back

On replay, no way should he have come for it. Chester had it covered comfortably and needlessly went to ground.

Imagine if Nyland HAD come and the Reading bloke had nipped just ahead? Penalty, possible red and total crucifixion on here. Definitely on Chester today. But shit happens and everyone makes mistakes.

We need to put these teams to bed well before the 94th minute, to be honest.

On replay, no way should he have come for it. Chester had it covered comfortably and needlessly went to ground.

Imagine if Nyland HAD come and the Reading bloke had nipped just ahead? Penalty, possible red and total crucifixion on here. Definitely on Chester today. But shit happens and everyone makes mistakes.

We need to put these teams to bed well before the 94th minute, to be honest.

I do like Nyland, I think he'll be ok. I wish I could say the same for our defence, far too ponderous for me.

I do like Nyland, I think he'll be ok. I wish I could say the same for our defence, far too ponderous for me.

In fairness to Jedinak, he is a beast in the air. But on the deck, not so much. Due to our disgraceful inability to keep the football, and our penchant for hitting it long (and therefore welcoming it back far too quickly), our defence has plenty to do every match.

It needn't be that way but if it is to be our fate, we at least need appropriate players in position.

I'm sorry if this upsets some folks but I fear this young man is not ready for championship football let alone premier league...

We have yet to play any team looking like they are top of the league or anywhere near promotion type .
Yes I know the back four are well out of position ie square pegs round holes but he should buy now be commanding them not letting them give pens on lost balls .

And how is he responsible for Chester having a brain freeze in the 94th minute? No way should the keeper be coming for that ball, Chester could have thumped it away but he hesitated and then Needlessly went to ground.

I'm relieved to see he is settling-in rapidly. Great saves at 2 points in the match yesterday. Still some improvement to be made on communication and in adjusting to coming out more in the UK than he is used to in continental football but those points can be improved.

Looks good to me so far. Great shot-stopper.

Reactions: OVB
That save in the 1st half as well. We'll done young man and good luck, you'll need it with Brian blessed in front of you.

I'm sorry if this upsets some folks but I fear this young man is not ready for championship football let alone premier league...

We have yet to play any team looking like they are top of the league or anywhere near promotion type .
Yes I know the back four are well out of position ie square pegs round holes but he should buy now be commanding them not letting them give pens on lost balls .

So he'll take some time to move up from World Cup football?