The Ørjan Nyland Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Ørjan Nyland Thread

The goal was 100% Jedinak’s fault, the pass was nowhere near the keeper and was too weak just for good measure

Not sure what chance he had to do anything about it

Not from where I was sitting David, the pass was short but he was slow could have and should have got there ,

Differences of opinion I suppose. I thought the keeper hesitated, yes, but only because the pass was that bad he didn’t know whether to set himself to save the inevitable shot at goal or come out and risk losing the ball outside his own box. Not exactly an ideal situation for him to have to deal with and an experienced player like Jedinak should not put his keeper in that situation

The keeper should have been screaming for that, Jedi's pass was short but the keeper was hesitant. It was the second cock up between him and Jedi, earlier they were both guilty of leaving a simple back pass to one another. Got away with that one.
Nyland's kicking was shocking and he also completely misjudged a simple catch second half.
He had a shocker no excuses he's an international player, but I'm sure he's better than that.

Yep agree 57, the keeper was shocking and totally spooked the defence

yes, when the away fans are taking the piss out of him he's having a mare. I thought the whole defence was shocking today far too deep and bullied by the Wigan frontmen. They knocked us about and were first to most things

Markus Alback (sp?) wasn't able to cut the mustard.

Thought Allback could’ve been a decent player for us but seemed to be in the shadows of an in form JPA if I remember correctly. At least for Allback when it comes to disappointing strikers, there’ll always be Balaban setting the benchmark

Only saw the highlights, but I saw nothing from him which makes me think he’ll be a decent keeper. Really hope he proves me wrong, but that didn’t look good at all.

Not from where I was sitting David, the pass was short but he was slow could have and should have got there ,
It was more or less right infront of where we were sitting........it was a hospital pass, Nyland did all that anyone could do but was unlucky in how it worked out.

It was more or less right infront of where we were sitting........it was a hospital pass, Nyland did all that anyone could do but was unlucky in how it worked out.
Ball should’ve gone into Row Z of the Witton Lane stand and the Wigan striker into Row D. Instead he hit it weakly straight at him. Definitely not his fault as the backpass was underhit And he’ll know what to do next time....

Keeper needs time to settle in as Johnstone did. Jedinak was at fault and we had played short passes across the back previous to the goal. We were definitely after a left back but we need a centre half if jedinak is ahead of elphick, John terry could pass the ball.

oh 57, please forgive the lad for having to deal with a shocking pass back that nobody expected, I'm sure he is beating himself up inside over that debut.
I bet you arnt as critical when your man crush super jack gives the ball away more than once in a game.
Funny how outfield players mistakes are forgotten but goalkeepers mistakes are held against them.

Ball should’ve gone into Row Z of the Witton Lane stand and the Wigan striker into Row D. Instead he hit it weakly straight at him. Definitely not his fault as the backpass was underhit And he’ll know what to do next time....

Exactly mate it was a poor pass but ball and player should have got hammered a keeper will always get away with it .
A quick alert keeper would have dealt with it that's all I'm saying, it was a 50/50 and I'd expect a 6ft 4 keeper to hit him with everything he's got