The Ørjan Nyland Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Ørjan Nyland Thread

OK, he should probably have saved 2 shots. I gather he did at least a couple of outstanding saves in the second half, so balances up somewhat. When a keeper has a shambles in front of him it's easy to make mistakes. I wouldn't write him off yet.

OK, he should probably have saved 2 shots. I gather he did at least a couple of outstanding saves in the second half, so balances up somewhat. When a keeper has a shambles in front of him it's easy to make mistakes. I wouldn't write him off yet.
I would. That 3 errors now. Looks feckin terrible. The other keeper bought in don’t look much better either. Embarrassing

That goal today from the free kick was awful schoolboy keeping. He's obviously low on confindence and his decision making is being exposed.

Not helped at all though by the bombardment towards our goal at times and the defence not having the ability to withstand any kind of pressure.

What’s embarrassing is how he was bought in along with that other clown on loan. It’s not difficult finding a decent keeper yet we find 2 clowns in 1. Steer and Bunn could have coped until the window. Why on earth we panicked and bought this clown is unreal. Another Bruce fuck up

When a keeper with potential comes on board they’re usually great shot stoppers but they have to work on other areas of their game like organisation, distribution, catching etc.

So when a keeper comes in and shot stopping is a major weakness, what hope has he got?

When a keeper with potential comes on board they’re usually great shot stoppers but they have to work on other areas of their game like organisation, distribution, catching etc.

So when a keeper comes in and shot stopping is a major weakness, what hope has he got?

Look at the shots he's saved! Could have been far worse. Seen the ones he hasn't; for me they come in the category "maybe he should have done better". Not easy saves; they were good awkward shots of the sort which catch keepers out.

Should never have let Steer go out on loan. We are looking riddiculosly exposed in this area now. Sorry but another error in Steve Bruce's judgement/management.

On the one hand, Steer has yet to concede a goal during his loan at Charlton. On the other, he can't get into their team so has been sat on the bench, where he seems likely to stay.

Let's face it. He is pretty crap.
The defence is pretty crap.

Perfect storm . Hey Presto we don't win.

Whatever you think, we're stuck with Nyland for the foreseeable future. So just hope he improves. There's a good chance he will. He's not used to the pace of the game here but he's been about a bit. Pluses; fast reactions. Minuses; a few shots he should have done better on.

He's making Encklman look like Buffon.

Can we recall Steer ? If not play Bunn .

This keeper crisis is a joke