The Ørjan Nyland Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Ørjan Nyland Thread

The worst debut I ever saw was Ugo against Norwich and look how he turned out.

The lad needs to be allowed to settle in, get an understanding with his defenders in front of him and start to make some good saves to improve his confidence.

The nerves yesterday were understandable.

Totally agree. I'm sure it is not the ideal scenario when three of the four in front of you are being played out of position.

Exactly mate - that back line was never going to work, was always going to concede goals.

I called it at 2pm, as did others i suspect - and low and behold we concede 2 and should have been more.

At home.

To Wigan.

My biggest criticism is he should have torn Jedinak a new one for that "pass". When a 'keeper shrugs off that kind of howler from one of his back line it's embarrassing. He'll settle in no doubt, but he needs to find his voice fast. Should be the loudest in the stadium. Let's see what Moreira can do on Tuesday...

As others have said, Johnson was shakey to start off with too. Nyland will settle just the same. Us fans need to get behind him and allow his confidence to build.
I do think Nyland should be played on Tuesday against Yeovil, not morreira. It's the ideal low pressure game where nyland can start bedding in.
For the same reason I think kodjia should play 45 minutes to try and get a goal which would do him all the good.

So, was Nyland so poor because of the inadaquecies of the back 4, or were the back 4 so poor because they were unsettled by the inadaquecies of Nyland. Take your pick but I suspect the latter is closer to the truth. Whatever, the decision to send Steer out on loan seems crazy and might prove very costly if Nyland doesn't improve and improve quickly

Nyland's got a load of experience, including internationals. We've apparently done our scouting on him. Pretty sure he'll settle.

He might have looked nervy, but no real howlers. When he realised what Jedi had done he did move fast, very fast. Not his fault. Think the coaches will improve his game as well.

It's not as if he had a Enkleman moment to be fair.
He will be great for us.
What player would let rip at the experienced Jedi on his debut when he was nervous, getting to know the team and how they play, even after that shocking Backpass.
I believe this guy will be a major player in our chase for promotion this year.
Thumbs up from me.
Jed Steer was a regular on the sick table.
Too risky to keep as a number 2

I thought he was very good last night, some great saves and much more commanding when he needed to be, which was not that often to be fair.

Some blame him for their second goal, but I thought he was unlucky it parried up and over him - it was a pretty powerful shot in the first place.

But overall, a much better performance as he settles into life at Villa.

I thought he was very good last night, some great saves and much more commanding when he needed to be, which was not that often to be fair.

Some blame him for their second goal, but I thought he was unlucky it parried up and over him - it was a pretty powerful shot in the first place.

But overall, a much better performance as he settles into life at Villa.

Yeah, watching it back last night I thought he could have done better. But overall he made some very good saves and was pretty decent. No need to panic at all with him. Let him settle .

He was much better last night apart from the goal.

Probably better than Johnstone was this early into his Villa career.