The Ørjan Nyland Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Ørjan Nyland Thread

Steer as our number 1, with no good backup, would be a bit of a gamble. He's generally OK and would probably improve over the season. But he has suffered from injuries.

Nyland has much more experience, seems to be good, while still young for a keeper. Comes down to what's best for the club.

Sarkic has gone out on loan, not sure if Bunn has a new contract, so Moreira is a useful backup.

Very nice... about average height for a Norwegian.... :grinning:

“Orjan Nyland Nyland, he’s bigger than me and you, he’s gonna stop one or two”

. I’ll get me coat.... :sorry::ban:
Actually 1.92m is well above current average height for a Norwegian Male

The goalkeeper situation seems to be ones of these 'well surely one of them will work out' type of things.

Jed looked good against Hull and made one serious save from what turned out to be an offside and look confident coming off his line to deal with crosses.
Moreira worries me slightly in that he seems to push the ball back out into danger like Gollini did.

Steer deserves his chances but Nyland (and I know nothing about him) has played at a higher level and has double the games behind him. Definitely great competition there now and real pressure to prove himself and keep it up week in week out.

He's one that will be starting tomorrow our new number 1 let's hope he's the real deal we've been tracking him for ages apparently
Just the right age for a keeper 27

Let's hope he settles into the club and life in England quickly.
Sounds like he has all the right attributes

Didn't have a fantastic start to his villa career , let's hope fits in to our style and pace .

He has only been at the club for around a week or so. He went straight into the first team as our number 1 keeper and his first game was at his new home in front of 34,0000 people and not helped by a suicidal back pass from one of his own players.

Yes, he looked nervous and taking the above into account so would I!

Let's judge him after around 10 games or so.

Not surprised Orjan made a mistake I was kind of expecting a shaky start after coming from over seas but was hoping it was going to be a mistake a bit less catastrophic, certainly needs to get his kicking on point.

Not the best debut. Didn't have much to do till they scored but I'd certainly hold Jedinak and his god awful pass more responsible than Nyland. After that you could tell his confidence had taken a battering, kicking completely went to pot for a while and he completely missed a high ball in the box. Hopefully over time he'll settle in and cast these jitters aside.

Kicking into quite a strong headwind in the second half. Looked nervous but that's understandable.

New club to settle into and also a new country . Never easy, but these are professional footballers and the lad needs to bed in fast .
Letting steer go was a bit short sighted