World Cup 2018 | Page 99 | Vital Football

World Cup 2018

I can’t handle all this “did us proud bollocks”.

We have just showed how poor a side we really are, how technically we are far inferior to a fairly decent European side and that we have no plan B.

Southgate is getting lots of good press, but he failed to get a side together who could get hardly any goals from open play, he was afraid to change poor performers and also had no plan B. Don’t get me wrong, I much prefer him to any other option but compared to the elite managers from Europe, from manager to players we are just inferior.

Our big players tonight didn’t show. Stones and Sterling play for the best side in the country, Stones is flat footed for a split second and gets caught. Sterling is just sterling. Our captain is shattered and hasn’t turned up tonight, barley touched the call after 45 minutes.

I’m really disappointed, the draw worked in our favour and the patriotic optimism was starting to irritate me from the average Alan Hansen in my pub.

Unlucky a country with the best league in the world and 50m people getting beat by a country with 4m people .
I'm just glad I never go carried away like some deluded fools I know , so I'm not that bothered , I'm more interested in AVFC

Reactions: OVB
I've never said this before Dan. I'm with Gary Neville, Kane wasn't 100%. So why start him and not bring him on for penalties?

Get the BS patriotism, I've lived in this street since 2004...this summer I can identify the neighbours who've never made a peep about England before giving it large the last 2 games to impress new arrivals on the street. Especially their own running commentary causing you to turn the TV up.....first half "why can't we get the second goal", "cause we're shit"

Why the fuck you watching and acting up then?

I don’t understand how Alli is potentially a much bigger threat for us (IMO of course) than Sterling, yet our formation works more for Sterling than it does for Alli who barely did anything of note in the World Cup apart from getting on the end of a cross versus Sweden.

We celebrated like we’d won the bloody tournament after beating Panama it just shows where we really are in the rankings.

Best league in the world - fine. But only because of Jonny Foreigner

He did try and seemed to up our tempo a bit.

My issue is our lack of a midfield 3 who can actually get on the ball who in turn can bring the two wide forwards into play.

Also difference between proud and being impressed on original expectations!

Rashford needs better game time, should never have gone unless he was there for the experience of the group. He's not formed yet in the way Kane has, he bottles decisions at United, he did exactly the same tonight where his head said one thing and his legs said another.

I hope the experience works as he's talented, but throwing him on as a saviour was a mistake. And yes no clear talent in midfield. Henderson could be one I think, but we need better to lead.

I've never said this before Dan. I'm with Gary Neville, Kane wasn't 100%. So why start him and not bring him on for penalties?

Get the BS patriotism, I've lived in this street since 2004...this summer I can identify the neighbours who've never made a peep about England before giving it large the last 2 games to impress new arrivals on the street. Especially their own running commentary causing you to turn the TV up.....first half "why can't we get the second goal", "cause we're shit"

Why the fuck you watching and acting up then?

The only theory I can get to is that Southgate has kept the same team, because it was a winning team (despite the quality of opposition, remember one of them had a terrible ex-villa player in the middle) for the fact he’d get slated if he changed it and we lost.
I’m not sure who the 3-5-2 worked for? Our midfield were hardly dominating play from in theory an extra option when they have the ball although probably because it was more 5-3-2

Unlucky a country with the best league in the world and 50m people getting beat by a country with 4m people .
I'm just glad I never go carried away like some deluded fools I know , so I'm not that bothered , I'm more interested in AVFC

Best league in the world according to the press, even UEFA's studies are flawed - Championship third best supported is a fact. Look around Europe for many counties with 52K Newcastle in second tier, Sheff U, Forest, Sheff W, Villa etc.

It feeds the myth and UEFA do it because they make money on clubs spending on infrastructure and growing their own TV revenue - that's why we're the example.

Just text my spuds friends saying that's what happens when you have a team full of bottlers who don't win anything.

They are not happy with me :lol::lol:

You mean I don't fanny around Mike , I think we had 2 ? shots on target in 120mins
No I meant harsh bastard lol Yes Beeb have us as 2 on target from 11, Croatia had 11 from 22 and I don't doubt it. We'd lost the second we went 1-0 into the second half.

No idea Dan, our formation seemed to change at 1-0 when we missed those three chances to extend the lead - we just started going backwards.

No idea Dan, our formation seemed to change at 1-0 when we missed those three chances to extend the lead - we just started going backwards.

Which we did when we played Colombia - we scored a goal (1 bloody goal!) and then the only pass we could make was back to our headless chicken of a goalie!

France in the final as stated by someone else would’ve been embarrassing.

Listening to Southgate now saying we’ve given it all just shows we’ll never win anything in the next 15 years with these players. We are just about better than the likes of Sweden and Tunisia. When it comes to the real big boys, we’re 20-25 years of grass roots coaching of players away and in that time the game will have changed ten fold again.

I'd say at best 57 we've got maybe at best 8 of a starting 11 at the moment. There's no magic man for a start, it's not Alli he was anonymous all tournament. Lingard's a runner but no. Rashford, no, at least not yet as even an impact sub. Leader, magic man and psycho are lacking.