World Cup 2018 | Page 109 | Vital Football

World Cup 2018

He was awful. Every team we played against knew what to do... give it to the left winger and cross to the far post, where 99 times out of 100 their attacker beat Young in the air.

His delivery from free-kicks was also diabolically bad. He also only crossed the ball with his left foot once from open play.

I think '57 was referring to "line" decisions which of course the opposition can't challenge.

sirdennis,57 actually mentioned run-outs and stumpings. These are things in cricket that can be determined by 1/10th of a second, although there are times when they are clear, isn't it better to have a decision either ratified or overturned in those circumstances.

sirdennis,57 actually mentioned run-outs and stumpings. These are things in cricket that can be determined by 1/10th of a second, although there are times when they are clear, isn't it better to have a decision either ratified or overturned in those circumstances.

Not what i meant mate , even on clear run outs the umpire calls for a slow motion replay which is making them lazy . When a player is run out by 2 yards the umpire shouldn't need a replay. We don't want this stuff creeping into football where the ref won't make a decision but calls for a replay . The game will go on for ever

I thought Ashley Young was terrible and so far off the pace.

Ashley Young has gone from an attacking ball carrier to the next James Milner. Not sure if that’s the Mourihni effect or age, but he doesn’t seem to have the pace or confidence he used to have as is a defensive managers dream by being a winger who’s first thought is to get behind the ball and make sure they are always behind the ball.

Doesn’t make for attractive, attacking football though