World Cup 2018 | Page 98 | Vital Football

World Cup 2018

We still lack a Roy Keane, we were long asleep in defence and had switched off so it was almost inevitable and we were going through the motions for penalties. They've done far better than expected so I'm not going to moan and the ref has been **** - so it easily could've been different and it's their fault it wasn't.

That single moment in time I don't think Southgate is the voice you need to hear from but he's excelled in what was expected.

They either go the way of previous sides and feel sorry for themselves dining out on moments of memory, or they dig the fuck in and have something to prove moving forward.

Over to them. Next time it's going all their way will they make it count or slowly go back a gear thinking 'it'll come' which is what we did. And now we're being reckless ourselves as we panic. They've totally stopped doing what had Croatia on the backfoot to begin with.

Each and every one of them needs to remember that moment and realise the welcome they get back in England counts for shit as they beat themselves. Do that and we might have a team at the Euros.

Exactly Fulford - second half was like the win would come with no effort. That's where they lost it.

They reacted well but the discipline and plan went, it was a reaction with no direction - which was still more than I remember England teams in the past giving so that is something! lol

Well done anyway, lads. Learn from it. Not the best yet but you can do better.

Croatia deserve to be where they are. Fast, fit, and operate as a team which has played together for some time, which they have.

That was good from Southgate, get off your arse, stand up and applaud the crowd. It's obviously dawned on a few of them.

The lads did well to get to the semi finals but it is disappointing to go out. Second half was actually a very poor display, maybe we scored too early and they were nervous about hanging on but if you play scared to lose you will lose and that’s what it looked like to me

We all said before the tournament the midfield is our weak link. Well tonight we played against 2 top central midfielders and a top quality centre forward and it exposed that weakness. Henderson, Lingaard, Alli barely touched the ball as the match went on, neither did Dier when he came on

I think if we got to final we could have nicked it