World Cup 2018 | Page 101 | Vital Football

World Cup 2018

Well, we got further than Spain, Germany, Brazil, Argentina.... and the furthest we have since 1990, in spite of the predictions we wouldn't get out of the group stage.

Don't get all the negativity. We didn't have a good game, and for that Croatia deserve credit. They rendered our attack in open play toothless. There are things there we have to improve; we're a work in progress. But I think it's refreshing seeing an England side of young players playing with belief and going for it.

Just as I would find an Aston Villa side of young players playing with belief and going for it. We can but dream ...

Have to be honest, I struggle to see how we would’ve seen off any nation in the top 10 of the FIFA rankings (Spain being 10). Not for the fact I think the FIFA rankings are always relevant, but I just could not see a situation apart from a one off giant killing where our average players could do enough to get through.

So much so, I actually think through the fact we look tired, poor and inexperienced the final may have been an embarrassment for English football as a spectacle for the whole world watching.

Well, we got further than Spain, Germany, Brazil, Argentina.... and the furthest we have since 1990, in spite of the predictions we wouldn't get out of the group stage.

Don't get all the negativity. We didn't have a good game, and for that Croatia deserve credit. They rendered our attack in open play toothless. There are things there we have to improve; we're a work in progress. But I think it's refreshing seeing an England side of young players playing with belief and going for it.

Just as I would find an Aston Villa side of young players playing with belief and going for it. We can but dream ...
It's why I'm still positive, if they use it to learn and push on not settle. We'd have won had we played first half in second.

But isn't Keane dead right. Making the point that people were banging on about the final when we were not even there. For me it was OTT. The team didn't but alot of fans and media massively under rated Croatia.
Not allowed to get excited then? If you don’t get carried away at the idea of winning the world cup then you clearly aren’t a football fan. Keane is a twat thankfully I haven’t listened to any of his post match comments. Only thing he knows about the World Cup is being sent home early because he’s a twat

Keane has been the best pundit at the tournament.
Not a moment of BS or playing to the game show host anchors tune.
The only good thing about itv was Keane .

But isn't Keane dead right. Making the point that people were banging on about the final when we were not even there. For me it was OTT. The team didn't but alot of fans and media massively under rated Croatia.
Hence why I was on Keane's side! I hate the bloke, but I agree with him more than I don't lol

Germany book the hotel through arrogance knowing they have to earn it, if we did, we'd lose every game - that's the difference in attitude.

Well, we got further than Spain, Germany, Brazil, Argentina ...

Yes but hand on heart are we actually better than them?. If we played them in proper tournament football would beat them ?.

We could go further than Man city in the Fa cup next season but does that make us better than them overall?.

I think Croatia can win it. For me, Modric is the most influential player at the tournament (I said so at the start) , France have stars like pogba for sure but , I just sense more togetherness with Croatia and desire plus most importantly a spine and a pair of bollocks.

Not allowed to get excited then? If you don’t get carried away at the idea of winning the world cup then you clearly aren’t a football fan. Keane is a twat thankfully I haven’t listened to any of his post match comments. Only thing he knows about the World Cup is being sent home early because he’s a twat

Did I say people were not allowed to get excited . No

Not a football fan?. Shove it mate. Get off your high horse.
I'm allowed to be a realist and to temper my feelings as much as you are to get over excited

Pogba I don't rate - he reminds me of Carlton Palmer but with a hairstyle you want to shave.

Wonder if this arseholes will be out in force against the supermarkets and emergency services again tonight? Do we have a national Croatian business they can take their tiny cocked anger out on?

Pogba I don't rate - he reminds me of Carlton Palmer but with a hairstyle you want to shave.

Wonder if this arseholes will be out in force against the supermarkets and emergency services again tonight? Do we have a national Croatian business they can take their tiny cocked anger out on?
Probably only the local pole dancing bar ??

Well I for one enjoyed the ride. I came into the tournament expecting very little and ended being pleasantly surprised by the composed and impressive way Southgate went about organising and motivating a squad of relatively inexperienced players in to a competitive team.

Never thought we would get anywhere near the semi final and despite losing, there were no abject surrenders in the manner of Germany 2014 and Iceland 2016. A massive improvement overall.

A lot of brutal assessments on here tonight, I hope you cut the Villa a little bit more slack in the coming season because it ain't gonna be pretty.:grinning: