World Cup 2018 | Page 4 | Vital Football

World Cup 2018

Many years ago, it was argued that the Premier League and the subsequent influx of foreign players would be to the detriment of the national side and so it has proved. The lack of choice is alarming, along with the lack of self belief when faced with the slightest amount of pressure. Haven't been truly interested or excited in the England team since Italia 90 and Euro 96. As usual, will watch in hope rather than expectation. Maybe Thor's lot can upset a few more of the more fancied nations.

I don’t agree with our squad. There are 6 full backs / players who have been used mainly as full backs this season which is an unnecessary amount of full backs. The decision to take an uncapped 19 year old to be 3rd choice right back just doesn’t make sense. The midfield is weak although that comes down to limited options available, I would have thought Wilshere as overrated as he is is still a better option than taking 3 or 4 right backs. Welbeck has also done nothing for years and sneaks in somehow although at least he can play anywhere across the front 3

The bloody cheek and arrogance of Jack Wiltshire !!!!

"I should be in the squad" - who the feck does he think he is.

I can tell you exactly why you ain't in the squad Jack - and it is sod all to do with your fitness !

Let's be honest . The England squad is, in terms of international quality football, absolute toilet.
Absolute toilet!.

The only exception is Harry Kane..

So one of the Fifa refs for the WC has been suspended for life by his country's federation for allegedly admitting to asking for a bribe from a team for help in fixing a match. Look it up if you want - but it is Saudi. They have requested that Fifa remove him from the WC ..... assuming they do, any suggestions who could replace him? Answers on a postcard to Infantino

For the first time in 80 years, there will be no English referee at the World Cup finals.

I don't think that will come as a surprise to anyone on here.

To think we used to find foreign refs and goalkeepers a source of amusement now they have passed us by like most things in football these days.:shake:

ATM I couldn't give a shit about the WC.

Yes, I agree plus throw in a homophobic government who we all know bought the World Cup for Russia from Blatter and his cronies and a regiment of Russian army troops pretending to be hooligans then I wouldn't go if I won a prize to attend.

For the first time in 80 years, there will be no English referee at the World Cup finals.

I don't think that will come as a surprise to anyone on here.

To think we used to find foreign refs and goalkeepers a source of amusement now they have passed us by like most things in football these days.:shake:

I imagine @sirdennis will be in total agreement.

I think my interest might increase once we start. But my attention span for watching complete games we (Villa) are not involved in seems to be slipping away. Will see how it goes. May well be away for the start.

England currently hanging on at 2-1, against Nigeria.

Young looks terribly slow. Every time he gets the ball the game almost stops, until he's dispossessed.

I've changed my attitude about watching the World Cup, I will see it as some light relief from events at Villa Park.

England finally won 2-1. I thought England were good in the first half and when Nigeria stepped up in the second half England looked flustered.

It is a young England and I can see them beating the lesser teams but as soon as they come up against a good team I think they will struggle.

Still, I wish them and Gareth well.