World Cup 2018 | Page 3 | Vital Football

World Cup 2018

They should get out of the group and might even make it out of the next round but, when they come up against a top team, the nerve will go and they'll be knocked out. England squads haven't got the temperament to tough it out and best the better teams. It's as though they don't believe they can beat a team like Germany, Spain, Brazil or Spain in competition. If they don't bottle it again at some stage I'll be pleasantly surprised. I don't think the defence is good enough to take us beyond the second round.
I hope they prove me wrong but I've long given up on England taking us on a glory ride. They're ordinary.

I absolutely love the world cup. Bar the villa and its my favourite about football. I'd watch almost any 2 rubbish minnow teams play in a world cup game than most premier league games if I'm honest. They've begun announcing the squads already, saw that the mighty Thor has been picked for Iceland. I think the last villa man to score in a major tournament was Ray Houghton in 94 so it would be nice if he could grab a goal that would be great.

Probably in the minority here, but I would take Hart. Not as the #1 mind but so there is some experience in the group and with tournament know-how. The squad is going to be low enough on it as it is. I think he'd fulfil that role very well.

My current squad would be:

GK: Butland, Hart, Pickford
DF: Cahill, Jones, Maguire, Rose, Stones, Trippier, Walker
MD: Alli, Dier, Henderson, Lallana, Lingard, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sterling, Winks, Young
ST: Kane, Rashford, Vardy, Welbeck

I think this allows the team to easily alter between 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-5-2 & 3-4-3, which I suspect will be the formations Southgate utilises.

I suspect my stand-out inclusion to most will be Welbeck. However, whenever he has represented England (normally on the left of a front three) he has performed very well. In fact I consider him to be one of those who is better at international level compared to club.

My biggest question mark was selecting Rose over Bertrand!

I wasn't far off; four differences to my prediction a while back.
- Pope instead of Hart
- Alexander-Arnold instead of Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Loftus-Cheek instead of Lallana
- Delph instead of Wilshere

Yeah to be fair when I say 'not bad' I mean not bad given what is available.

But I've said all along the England midfield is pathetic. Other than Deli Alli and Lallana (who hasn't even made it) the rest are bang average.

Ha ha Pride. Know what you mean. I was listening to the radio when they announced the squad and began to listen to it being read out and then drifted off thinking about something else and I have not got a clue who is in or out apart from ones I could probably guess!. Shows my interest at the moment.

This rapper sent me his song today, thought I'd throw it in here... it's catchy! Sorry, I mean it's dope...!

I like Lingard. I'd be playing him ahead of Rashford.

I'd also prefer to see Loftus Cheek in ahead of Henderson but it won't happen.

Think I'd have found room for Lallana and Oxlade Chamberlain. Other than that, think it's a good squad. Reckon on how we do it's as much belief and enthusiasm as anything.

Well Lallana has been injured for a good while although he is fit now , and Oxlade Chamberlain is long term injured , so I don't think they would be much use.

Am I right in saying that Villa's only interest in this World Cup is Elmo, Jedinak and Thor?

Haven't missed anyone have I?