Who will stay who will go | Page 6 | Vital Football

Who will stay who will go

That`s what makes this board interesting.....varying opinions
Personally I would play them both!
been watching his highlights, most weeks he is creating shooting scoring. would be setting up akinde with lots of supply - not something that has really happened with rowe/mccartan/freck/pett
having said that we might be looking at an unknown quantity that will be 'next year's chair'.

also wondering whether chapman could be catching up at a fair rate, now he is getting regular games. another possible first team squad member? i say this because 18 year olds with talent and physicality [he has both] can make sudden huge improvement, that say o'connor/freck/pett can't.

I get that the step up for some of our squad players from National League to top end of League 2 was a bit of a gap, but I also think it was a harder sell to get players in at that time e.g. the promise of a new training ground, but none in place; only just promoted after 5 years in the doldrums, and a couple of unproven PE Teachers in charge stepping into the League for the first time. Once the crowds not only stayed high, but grew, the training facilities started to be built and Frecklington joined Bossy & Eardley on board, we started to have something to sell. We then made the play-offs and won the Checkatrade and the quality of recruits took a step up - Akinde, McCartan, Andrade, O'Connor, Toffolo, & Shackell were all exciting signings that could easily hold their own or progress, above the level they were signing up for. In January it was more of a holding game, but we still added Bolger, Gilks and O'Hara and brought in quality loans in Roberts, Angol and Rowe.

What we are looking at in the summer is more Shackell's and Andrade's. Players that either have the experience and ability to play in the Championship, or unpolished gems from the National League, League 2 or the reserve squads of big clubs. All, of course, subject to budget.

Personally, I think that with what we have and what we will be trying to recruit, we will be in or around the play-offs next season.

I endorse the content of your final comment,with a few additions we will be close to the top end of the table come May 2020.

I fear that the coveting of Ilias Chair may be wishful thinking. I work deep in QPR territory and believe me, they're fully aware of his potential around here.

We can only try to strike a deal for Chair and currently QPR are in managerial limbo with a temporary caretaker manager.....strike quickly?
If Stevenage succeeded in gaining the loan of Chair then there is hope for Lcfc.

Did anybody spot DC having a chin wag with Chair at the end of 90 minutes at the Bank after the 2-2 draw..........................i doubt it as he was too perturbed with the result and was heading quickly for the dressing room to smash a few teacups and pull the hinges off the toilet doors!

I fear that the coveting of Ilias Chair may be wishful thinking. I work deep in QPR territory and believe me, they're fully aware of his potential around here.
If our defence and midfield had done their jobs on that day, he wouldn't have been so impressive! Good player but not sure as good as some think.

That will disappoint the annoying bloke who sits behind me in the coop, according to him yesterday he said

“our number 5 is rubbish and has been all season”

To be honest I nearly fell off my seat, he mainly talks crap throughout the game and has all season but this comment really was his best clueless comment of the season.

Maybe it's a tongue-in-cheek comment?

That will disappoint the annoying bloke who sits behind me in the coop, according to him yesterday he said

“our number 5 is rubbish and has been all season”

To be honest I nearly fell off my seat, he mainly talks crap throughout the game and has all season but this comment really was his best clueless comment of the season.
What a nob, I’d have turned around at that

Maybe it's a tongue-in-cheek comment?

Definitely not, he Moans all game about something, he sits there slagging off his own players left right and centre, he also calls most of the team lazy most games.

He’s generally just An idiot that I’ve unfortunately been lumbered with having to listen to All game

Chapman will be an interesting one, lack of home grown players could resrict our options if he goes out on loan again

We have only been able to use 6 subs on a small number of occasions.But is this really an issue ? I don't see any point ,never mind the cost (minimal ) in filling the 7th sub spot in this way.

Think I'm right in saying the last 3 windows have seen 6/7 in and a similar out, sure the summer window will be no different.
Quiet revolution as ever.
Wouldn't be surprised if one star of the side who's under contract is sold on to fund further signings.
Done it with Raggett and Woodyard, so I'm sure we'd do it again.

Think I'm right in saying the last 3 windows have seen 6/7 in and a similar out, sure the summer window will be no different.
Quiet revolution as ever.
Wouldn't be surprised if one star of the side who's under contract is sold on to fund further signings.
Done it with Raggett and Woodyard, so I'm sure we'd do it again.

I agree although I think (?) both had contracts agreed in National League with release clauses which were triggered. I think we’ll be talking a whole different ball game in terms of fees and could reject bids that we would previously have considered as sizeable.

Know some one from the sponsors of the man of the match last week.. big John was picked purely on favourite player and before the match had even taken place.

Would rather keep bozzie in defence than move him into CM for the return of raggett.

With regards to McCartan, i think he’s very talented, but don’t think we can afford some one who is guaranteed pretty much to need subbing every game.

Hi Eastville
Personally McCartan, Rowe, O`Hara & Pett if we keep them next season, we could afford to play them part of a game each to keep them match fit & fresh as they are all good on the ball and can all score goals
Depends whether we can prise them away frrom their parent clubs.
I don't think we will keep Freck, but we probably will O`Connor.

Definitely not, he Moans all game about something, he sits there slagging off his own players left right and centre, he also calls most of the team lazy most games.

He’s generally just An idiot that I’ve unfortunately been lumbered with having to listen to All game

Just pretend you're tuned into BT Sport and the mute button is broken.

It won't change anything but at least it will give you the sort of familiar impression that the idiocy is coming from the sort of idiots who've "played the game"