Who will stay who will go | Page 7 | Vital Football

Who will stay who will go

Hi Eastville
Personally McCartan, Rowe, O`Hara & Pett if we keep them next season, we could afford to play them part of a game each to keep them match fit & fresh as they are all good on the ball and can all score goals
Depends whether we can prise them away frrom their parent clubs.
I don't think we will keep Freck, but we probably will O`Connor.
Pett is our player already. Signed from Stevenage January 2018.

We have only been able to use 6 subs on a small number of occasions.But is this really an issue ? I don't see any point ,never mind the cost (minimal ) in filling the 7th sub spot in this way.
Well it's another one of those marginal gains. If it comes that effectively we have one less sub to choose from than the opposition

We have only been able to use 6 subs on a small number of occasions.But is this really an issue ? I don't see any point ,never mind the cost (minimal ) in filling the 7th sub spot in this way.

Off on a tangent but there has been a call from a couple of coaches in Spain for the league to allow all members of the squad to be available (apart from suspended and injured ones of course).

As they already do this in international tournaments it's hardly revolutionary but from the coach's point of view it's a very good thing. Apart from the increased flexibility one of the better arguments is that it's better for team spirit as it means players don't have to be completely discarded from match day squads.

Off on a tangent but there has been a call from a couple of coaches in Spain for the league to allow all members of the squad to be available (apart from suspended and injured ones of course).

As they already do this in international tournaments it's hardly revolutionary but from the coach's point of view it's a very good thing. Apart from the increased flexibility one of the better arguments is that it's better for team spirit as it means players don't have to be completely discarded from match day squads.
I like that idea could be really handy if someone gets a red card or an injury occurs.

I think Serie A allows 10 on the bench. For me, it's a step towards NFL rosters.

A problem in the lower leagues would also be actually filling such a huge number of seats. Lincoln would have been at a disadvantage on several occasions this and last season. There's also a question of sub bonuses costing the club - no idea how that would affect us but I am sure sub positions are factored into many clubs' budgets.

And it defeats a tactical element of football - choose your bench wisely...

Definitely not, he Moans all game about something, he sits there slagging off his own players left right and centre, he also calls most of the team lazy most games.

He’s generally just An idiot that I’ve unfortunately been lumbered with having to listen to All game

Who remembers the guy in the SW who used to wave a white hancky chief every time we went a goal down?

If Exeter don't go up - Hiram Boateng.

Exeter are semi-touting his availability on the BBC pages. Would be a good signing but only if we don't get O'Hara on a permanent deal as they play in similar positions and for me I'd take O'Hara over Boateng every time

I think Serie A allows 10 on the bench. For me, it's a step towards NFL rosters.

A problem in the lower leagues would also be actually filling such a huge number of seats. Lincoln would have been at a disadvantage on several occasions this and last season. There's also a question of sub bonuses costing the club - no idea how that would affect us but I am sure sub positions are factored into many clubs' budgets.

And it defeats a tactical element of football - choose your bench wisely...
We'd definitely need to extend our tiny dugouts.

Hi Eastville
Personally McCartan, Rowe, O`Hara & Pett if we keep them next season, we could afford to play them part of a game each to keep them match fit & fresh as they are all good on the ball and can all score goals
Depends whether we can prise them away frrom their parent clubs.
I don't think we will keep Freck, but we probably will O`Connor.

Freck is under contract, and I'd be surprised if we find a taker for him as I imagine his wages are hefty and he's not been fit all that often. O'Connor is out of contract at the end of the season but I think we have an option for another year. Not sure which of the two I'd keep, maybe Occy. I just get the feeling the game passes Freck by a bit these days. He was all about energy and now he's lost that, he seems unable to keep up. As someone of a similar age I can fully sympathise!

Opinions on Well Street are divided over Boateng. Has spent part of the season injured but some say he is too inconsistent and can be anonymous. Good enough for League One? Danny will know.
Not seen enough(3 live appearances) of this lad but agree about the inconsistency.
Against us last season especially in both the play off games he played like a wizard but in the away game at Exeter this season in September he was no where to be seen.
Definite potential but feel Exeter are in offload mode and the lad wants a return to London area.

Good for the manager sure, as he can pick whoever in the squad to add a given quality to the match, but doesn't it just legitimise clubs with absurd numbers of players? The Chelseas etc of the footballing world would finally have a real reason to stockpile players.

Good for the manager sure, as he can pick whoever in the squad to add a given quality to the match, but doesn't it just legitimise clubs with absurd numbers of players? The Chelseas etc of the footballing world would finally have a real reason to stockpile players.

Not if the League get a grip and set squad salary limits.