Who next? | Page 43 | Vital Football

Who next?

I see Harry Redknapp is on the sackrace list - 80/1. We may need to order in some brown envelopes.

Probably means nothing, but on Quest TV last night Phil Parkinson was the guest analyst. He was asked by Colin Murray about the Southend job and said it was not for him. When the subject of the Imps job came up later, he wasn't asked the question. Seemed a bit strange - like he may be in the running so they avoided the question.
He asked him about the two candidates and chose Ainsworth, perhaps that was a clever smokescreen

Well if Frank Lampard was ready to take charge of a top 4, European trophy-winning side after one relatively mediocre season in the Championship (at least when you factor in the he had a top 2 budget to play with), then I'd venture that Sol Campbell is more than deserving of a shot at the Championship at the very least.

Personally, I have no issue with Campbell's outward confidence. And if he can transfer that to his players - and Macclesfield's performances when under intense pressure at the end of last season would suggest he can - then maybe that will lead him to some serious success in the years to come.

Ainsworth is my top choice because of his solid success at Wycombe over a number of years, the fact he will immediately be accepted by the fans, and the way he speaks and conducts himself in the media. Beyond that, of all the names linked, Campbell would probably be my second pick.

Except Lampard went back to the club where he is an all time hero.
And owner who knows him as a friend. And Chelsea also under a transfer ban which may have ruled out the usual top european managers that go to Chelsea.

Lampard will also know the youth players well who are now being given the chance at last. All 5 goals yesterday from Chelsea youth players.

You would have got decent odds on Lincoln, Newport, Wycombe and uddersfield all drawing blanks this weekend , but in other ways because of the unsettling background at all four Clubs maybe not surprising.
UTI.

You would have got decent odds on Lincoln, Newport, Wycombe and uddersfield all drawing blanks this weekend , but in other ways because of the unsettling background at all four Clubs maybe not surprising.
UTI.
Yep this merry-go-round needs sorting out for the clubs concerned, the Cowleys have a lot to answer for.

I think is stokes made Jones available he would be my choice, but given the required timeline I can't see that happening

The Newport media are reporting Flynn has got the job

Their fans forum also has a resigned tone to it . They are suggesting an announcement tomorrow but not sure how that links in with other posts concerning interviews later this week for some
We'll have to wait and see I suppose but there could be some significant movement tomorrow

Funny, but their fans are making exactly the same comments as Lincoln fans did when people supposedly ITK started saying when the Cowleys move was going to happen.

Would have preferred Ainsworth, but Flynn will hopefully come in and steady the ship because that is going to be mega important.

Happy with that if true.

Presumably our no1 target. Turned round by the board in a week. In place in time for Tuesday night. What not to like.

He has done remarkably well at Newport. Need to give him plenty of time and support to do the job. As our previous manager said it’s much easier to be manager of a club after three years than after 3 weeks.