Who next? | Page 41 | Vital Football

Who next?

Not sure if mentioned before but Gary Megson was sat with Newport chairman today according to their forum
Aged 60, only done a brief caretaker stint in the last seven years. Presume he does a bit of scouting or something through, been around the block a bit.

As protocol we do have to interview as part of the Rooney Rule a BAME manager. Which to me is a good thing but a potential insult to BAME candidates as it might appear a gesture to tick a box.

As protocol we do have to interview as part of the Rooney Rule a BAME manager. Which to me is a good thing but a potential insult to BAME candidates as it might appear a gesture to tick a box.
Quite right. This rule hurts them more than it helps them.

I did hear today that someone by the name of Chris has been interviewed, so you never know. I was also told Ainsworth has definitely got it and also that Flynn is being announced on Monday. It wouldn’t surprise if it’s neither Flynn or Ainsworth though...maybe a little too obvious.
Chris Sutton? ???

Sol Campbell wouldn't be my preferred first choice ( for the record I'm in the Flynn camp ) but he certainly wouldn't be the worst possible option. Did well at Macc and deserves a shot at a bigger club and we are bigger than them.