Who next? | Page 44 | Vital Football

Who next?

It was awful for us last week and I have every sympathy for the Newport fans if it happens to them.
Yeah it's horrible, just speaking to a Newport fan and it appears that Flynn is linked to lots of jobs like the Cowleys, be a relief for them once it's sorted I guess.

Anyone hear the Huddesfield journo on Talk Sport this afternoon saying that the Cowley's were their first choice but on the other hand said that Bowyer had been offered the job but turned it job down.
How does that work. Surely Bowyer was offered the job first.

Using the "I suspect" line yet again. I suspect that the Cowley's were actually quite well down the list after Wolf, Adkins AND now it seems Bowyer had turned it down. I still think they wre probably No1 on Sheffs Weds list.

............however thanks for the £2m compo (which a very very good source, who would know, told me was the clause for the pair. ;)

And that links to other people talking about not "wasting" that compo etc or using is up on an "in-work" manager.

We still have that £1m on the last accounts to fill and this season we will be down on receipts after the board asked us to buy our tickets early due to cash flow.............plus we do have quite an expensive team for our income now.

I don't think there will be much of that compo actually available and thus if we do spend anything then it will come from borrowings / further investment.

That sounds like Ainsworth rather than Flynn but first time I’ve seen it reported rather than just fan speculation about those two names

Famery got the exclusive before cos he's mates with Danny I was told yesterday, whether he's got the inside track again who knows?
Hopefully we'll know soon.

Yes, I've advocated Adkins' appointment but I can't work out why! I think it's maybe just because he comes across as positive and likable.
Although I think also he has a pretty good L1 record.:
2 promos with Scunny,
1 with Soton (admittedly probably a huge budget),
and yes 1 poor season with Sheffield Utd
2 Proms with Soton (L1 and Championship) Saints did have a large budget comparatively in L1 however he inherited the side from Pardew so it was Pardew spending that budget. Virtually same team in Championship. Didn't spend much and the budget was about average in the middle of the Championship........until bonuses were accounted for at end of season which kind of distorts things.

Don't think Danny would know anything about talks with prospective new managers
Maybe not, but I imagine his views on other managers were sought regularly. Given our so called 'succession plan' has been in place for.sometime I would find it highly likely that his views were sought.

Using the "I suspect" line yet again. I suspect that the Cowley's were actually quite well down the list after Wolf, Adkins AND now it seems Bowyer had turned it down. I still think they wre probably No1 on Sheffs Weds list.

............however thanks for the £2m compo (which a very very good source, who would know, told me was the clause for the pair. ;)

And that links to other people talking about not "wasting" that compo etc or using is up on an "in-work" manager.

We still have that £1m on the last accounts to fill and this season we will be down on receipts after the board asked us to buy our tickets early due to cash flow.............plus we do have quite an expensive team for our income now.

I don't think there will be much of that compo actually available and thus if we do spend anything then it will come from borrowings / further investment.

I would also suggest banking a considerable amount of any money received for next season. I doubt season ticket sales will reach the same level as now. Maybe wrong and I hope so but can't see it. We will still have wages and contracts to service.

That sounds like Ainsworth rather than Flynn but first time I’ve seen it reported rather than just fan speculation about those two names

Dont let him out of SB until he signs ! Thought we had a 'look out' hiding behind the wall.
Fingers crossed. UTI.