Who next? | Page 45 | Vital Football

Who next?

Maybe not, but I imagine his views on other managers were sought regularly. Given our so called 'succession plan' has been in place for.sometime I would find it highly likely that his views were sought.
Don't doubt that but do doubt that since he left, Clive has been talking to him about his successor

The Wycombe forum from being in complete denial a couple of days ago are now more accepting that he might go to LC. Shades of us 10 days ago !!

Some more idle speculation :
Flynn is Mr.Newport. Born in Newport , spent the early and latter part of his playing career in S.Wales. Spent all of his managerial career in S.Wales. Married with 5 children and an interest in an estate agents in Newport. On a personal level doesn't sound likely he would move to Lincoln.

On the flip side , when he said he would be manager of Newport on Tuesday at Macc - suggestive that he won't be their manager on Wednesday.

Please not Flynn

Any further views on this or is that it??

In the last couple of seasons he's taken Newport from a team destined for the National League to promotion contenders. They were doomed when he took over with only a dozen matches left and them 11 points from safety. Kept them up. Last season he got them to within a whisker of coming up with us and up to yesterday 17 games unbeaten

Really ticks lots of boxes for me

Yes wouldn’t surprise me if it’s neither of the 2 touted
Interesting on Hope and Glory last night Liam was interviewed and said something along the lines of
‘Some options we thought we’d never had’
Possibly interest from a higher level of managers/footballers
Maybe nothing
Uti
Ron Atkinson still in the frame.....says his agent.

Some more idle speculation :
Flynn is Mr.Newport. Born in Newport , spent the early and latter part of his playing career in S.Wales. Spent all of his managerial career in S.Wales. Married with 5 children and an interest in an estate agents in Newport. On a personal level doesn't sound likely he would move to Lincoln.

This is why I have similar doubts about Flynn - he is so entwined with Newport that I need persuading he could make the switch wholeheartedly rather than just for £s...

Any further views on this or is that it??

In the last couple of seasons he's taken Newport from a team destined for the National League to promotion contenders. They were doomed when he took over with only a dozen matches left and them 11 points from safety. Kept them up. Last season he got them to within a whisker of coming up with us and up to yesterday 17 games unbeaten

Really ticks lots of boxes for me

He’s Newport through and through and I am just not sure he would be as successful anywhere else but Newport. I don’t doubt his record, but sometimes managers just have that one club where they’re successful and I think Newport is his.

First choice for me is Ainsworth, second choice is Adkins and third is Parkinson.

not 1 promotion on his cv.........................no credentials.
couldn`t find Lincoln on a map
got own business in his home town,
a non starter. homeboy.

This and he is was apparently considered for Wales recently and Warnock stepping down at Cardiff next summer has resulted in a lot of speculation hes destined for that job! He has 5 kids and I feel its a big ask to move his whole family here when he could potentially leave next summer for Cardiff if speculation is true.