Where Will We Finish Season 21/22 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Where Will We Finish Season 21/22

We go into the new season with our strongest squad for many seasons. So where will we finish.

• Champions

• 2nd - 4th

• 5th - 8th

• 9th - 12th

• Below 12th

• Relegated

Results are only viewable after voting.
Surprised nobody's mentioned Man U. They got it together as last season went on, and deserved second place. I think they'll improve again this season.

So Man C have competition from Liverpool and Man U, and I think may be in decline a bit; Snakeii won't save them.

Surprised nobody's mentioned Man U. They got it together as last season went on, and deserved second place. I think they'll improve again this season.

So Man C have competition from Liverpool and Man U, and I think may be in decline a bit; Snakeii won't save them.

Yeah, but when you look at Cities squad how can they not win. Their entire back-up would be in with a shout of a title challenge too. Its outrageous tbh.

Its just a complete pile on team. Its like in Basketball when a lad is good but not quite there in terms of dragging his team to a Championship so he jumps ship to play with LeBron and then another joins and another and soon you've just a team of superstars who walk the championship. Same for City. Its a joke.

Not Cities fault though, they've been let bend the rules and nothing happen about the super league either. I'd love if they all fucked off. I'd happily let them have the best players, we'd never have to be stuck with them playing us.

Agree CDX.

Not sure how Citeh cannot win it .They chuffing well should at a canter .

Think I’ll reserve judgement on us until I know our business is done and dusted. I hope it isn’t .

Not with Ole in charge. They’ll be top 4 more than likely but don’t see them seriously challenging. Chelsea will be the biggest threat to Man City for me, even more so if they can get Lukaku

No higher than last season....unless we spend some more.
Nonsense. Just negativity for the sake of it with some of the posts on here. It's not a computer game. See so many posts here and elsewhere with people basically wanting to throw some of our decent players in the bin like loads did season before last with Targett and how did he turn out

5th-8th.

Last season, to push for those positions, would of required a bit of good fortune and a perfect, injury free season. You'd of been hoping rather than expecting.

Now, with the owners, new players and club vision, I think Europe is what everyone will be focused on achieving, no more 'settling in' or 'establishing' ourselves... we're here, and this is the new 'normal'. The bar has been set. And therefore everyone is in that collective mind frame.

7 th for me. Liked Grealish but it did drive me mad when he slowed the play down so imagine some in the squad will be chuffed he has moved on. The players we have and bought in will tear a lot of teams a new one with the frightening attack possibilities we now have. Defence is brilliant, I’m pretty happy with the midfield as the options for them to play quick football with that line up up front will suit them better than last season.
We my friends are going to shock a lot of these so called big 6 , bring it on.

I see significant improvement on last season and certainly 5th - 8th but maybe squeak in to the greed league.
Leicester will flatter to deceive again and Vardy can't carry on as their saviour for ever and losing Fofana is a massive blow (feel for him)
West Ham will not over achieve again and unless they get Lingard again will struggle for goals.
Everton are a basket case again and need some major signings.
Arsenal will do OK and will push on but I can't see Arteta being in charge beyond Christmas.
Spurs are in disarray and even if Kane stays ( I don't think he will) there are some serious question marks about how they will set up under Nuno without his Portuguese contingent.
Wolves will take time to regroup and even with Jiminez back will struggle for goals.
Leeds seem happy with what they had last season and as such will not have as much of an impact.
The bottom half will be as before and of the three promoted teams, I cannot see any springing any surprises.
So we need to take points off the top four and if we do that we will show progress - six points off Abu Dhabi would be very nice 😉👍

I would not want to see us pay over the odds for Cantwell. The figures being banded about would make himour record fee signing, which would be ridiculous. We don't need to panic buy.
What figures are these Silhill? I havent been following the football debate to closely just lately mate, but the figures I saw were 25-30M, which would be good.
That was pre Jack sale though.

What figures are these Silhill? I havent been following the football debate to closely just lately mate, but the figures I saw were 25-30M, which would be good.

The fee's I've seen for Cantwell have been around £40m and upwards. Massively overpriced if they are true (of course it could all be a load of nonsense).

The fee's I've seen for Cantwell have been around £40m and upwards. Massively overpriced if they are true (of course it could all be a load of nonsense).
I think the price would depend on if there was a Dutch auction going on or not.
If it was just us after him, I did think 30M would do it, but with the Jack money, a little bit more maybe.
Norwich always need money and it wouldnt surprise me if 30M did it.
At that price it would be a decent signing.

That's what I've seen as well. They've just whacked an extra 10m on as they know we've the Grealish money.

I'd rather go get someone from a European team for 10 or 20 million less than be held to ransom by Norwich.

I think the price would depend on if there was a Dutch auction going on or not.
If it was just us after him, I did think 30M would do it, but with the Jack money, a little bit more maybe.
Norwich always need money and it wouldnt surprise me if 30M did it.
At that price it would be a decent signing.

They've already sold Buendia to us, so cant see them being too desperate for money this Summer. I would think they will fight hard to keeo him for one more season at least, which would only push the fee up higher.
He's ok, but no better than many players we could sign for half the price. Like @JW1985 sayd for £40m we could snap up a real quality midfielder from Europe. Plenty of the Spanish and Italian clubs are strapped for money this year

around the £40m mark. I went on a saints forum to see if there was anything on JWP , they are talking £75m for him in their heads. I won't be going back into their forums again .(only went as some pics of Ings / JWP) playing golf together a few days ago emerged

around the £40m mark. I went on a saints forum to see if there was anything on JWP , they are talking £75m for him in their heads. I won't be going back into their forums again .(only went as some pics of Ings / JWP) playing golf together a few days ago emerged

I think JWP would be a £50m signing and on a 5 year contract I think he's worth it.

Bring in a proper quality defensive midfielder in a player like Bissouma, a power house Anguissa or a more all rounded never stops running JWP and I think Villa could very well challenge for top 6.

Most importantly our back 5 hasn’t changed and Watkins & McGinn will definitely be in that first 11 too, so it’s nothing major and I think we can cope quite well with 4 new addictions to the first 11 and not have a massive settling in period.

Buendia, Ings, Young all top pros with good characters and leadership abilities alongside any DM mentioned, Bailey is the odd exception in not quite knowing what he brings, but I’ll be hoping he’s better than Traore and if that’s the case we have one hell of a player, also Bidace could be the dark horse and forces himself on the scene if he takes his chances as well as he did in pre season.