Where Will We Finish Season 21/22 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Where Will We Finish Season 21/22

We go into the new season with our strongest squad for many seasons. So where will we finish.

• Champions

• 2nd - 4th

• 5th - 8th

• 9th - 12th

• Below 12th

• Relegated

Results are only viewable after voting.
I hope you are right you 5-8ers. I've just been here so many times in the past with Villa and I'm not old enough to have seen it ever be pulled off successfully I don't think. Villa sell best player = get a bit shitter from past experience.

I do think it's different this time though. we had a lot of good players before the signings were made, now we have more including a prolific Premier League striker which is gold to any club.

I think we're still on the way up, even if certain players want to jump ship and take the easy route to success.

Difficult one to predict this…..losing Jack is a big blow obviously and whilst our signings potentially look decent, you never know how quickly they’ll settle etc. That said, the core of the squad have last season under their belt and it’s not as if Ings, Buendia and Young don’t have any experience of the Prem. Would be happy with any improvement on last season, around 8th/9th for me, continuing the upward trajectory.

I really don't think our business is done and I expect 1-2 to come in directly into the first team. I think we can finish in the top 10 if we get another quality player in.

Checking the fixture list we finish at the Etihad stadium on the 22/05/22. Not sure why there is such a debate on this .

I think we'll finish top half the way things are. If we can sort out the centre of midfield and the new signings settle in straight away, things could get very interesting.

I'm optimistic. I think if we sign a midfielder who can chip in with a few goals and assists, we have 65 goals in us. We're more of a threat overall this season.

If the defence do a similar job this season, I reckon we're top 7. I think it's only the top 4 teams we can't really match yet.

I went for 5th-8th because a lot of clubs are in transition this season and a lot of bottom half teams are significantly weaker.

Palace, Newcastle, Southampton, Burnley, Wolves - none of those teams are stronger than last year. Brighton may still be a CF short of being useful too. Then of the teams above us Spurs, Arsenal, Everton and Leeds have hardly went out and made themselves much stronger either.

This to me is the season of opportunity, City and Liverpool are going to sweep a lot of teams aside and its why its such a shame Grealish left. I think we'd easily have managed 6th with him and these new signings.

8th for me is a very realistic goal.

I went for 5th-8th because a lot of clubs are in transition this season and a lot of bottom half teams are significantly weaker.

Palace, Newcastle, Southampton, Burnley, Wolves - none of those teams are stronger than last year. Brighton may still be a CF short of being useful too. Then of the teams above us Spurs, Arsenal, Everton and Leeds have hardly went out and made themselves much stronger either.

This to me is the season of opportunity, City and Liverpool are going to sweep a lot of teams aside and its why its such a shame Grealish left. I think we'd easily have managed 6th with him and these new signings.

8th for me is a very realistic goal.

Can we start giving Chinese Burns to anybody who keeps mentioning Grealish yet?

It may appear boring, but I've gone for 5th-8th too.

That's of course without the January window. Depending on were we are, and extra signing maybe the difference between 5th-8th and the top four..........

The defensive core of the team is unchanged, so all good there.
A couple of attacking additions bought in, so all good there.
The big unknown is the middle of the park. It was problematic last season, still a big unknown this time around.
I think we might see a team that plays down both wings rather than predominantly down the left.
Personally, I cant wait to get going, and forcast is 8th, 9th, 10thish.

The defensive core of the team is unchanged, so all good there.
A couple of attacking additions bought in, so all good there.
The big unknown is the middle of the park. It was problematic last season, still a big unknown this time around.
I think we might see a team that plays down both wings rather than predominantly down the left.
Personally, I cant wait to get going, and forcast is 8th, 9th, 10thish.

I see Luiz, McGinn, Buendia as the midfield 3. Buendia is a little terrier and expect McGinn will have more freedom. Personally expecting/hoping for a huge season from McGinn.

Traore was injured but even so its unlikely we'll be carrying Traore to the extent we were. And let's not forget there is no Ross.

I think we’ll finish 9th, which is progress. I’m a bit pessimistic for superstitious reasons, so I hope 9th is worst case.

I see Luiz, McGinn, Buendia as the midfield 3. Buendia is a little terrier and expect McGinn will have more freedom. Personally expecting/hoping for a huge season from McGinn.

Traore was injured but even so its unlikely we'll be carrying Traore to the extent we were. And let's not forget there is no Ross.
Still thinking that Cantwell might come aswell, to beef up the left side of midfield. I was impressed by him, in a poor Norwich side that went down. Good attitude, battler, and classy little player that would fit in well at Villa.

I would not want to see us pay over the odds for Cantwell. The figures being banded about would make himour record fee signing, which would be ridiculous. We don't need to panic buy.