Where Will We Finish Season 21/22 | Page 13 | Vital Football

Where Will We Finish Season 21/22

We go into the new season with our strongest squad for many seasons. So where will we finish.

• Champions

• 2nd - 4th

• 5th - 8th

• 9th - 12th

• Below 12th

• Relegated

Results are only viewable after voting.
At least this season we won't have the spectre of losing YKH which impacted on our final finishing place last season.

At least this season we won't have the spectre of losing YKH which impacted on our final finishing place last season.
YKW (pedant alert) has scored 1 and assisted 1 in 6 PL starts at an ave 7.44 in a free scoring $1bn team - I would have expected, well, more actually.

I think it's all about maintaining momentum if we're going to get into Europe. Watkins and Ings need to get on each other's wavelengths and start to gel. So far it's looked like a Gerrard-Lampard situation. Thankfully the rest of the team have made up for that, and if we can keep the likes of Buendía, Traoré and Bailey fit we'll have no problem scoring goals from what I've seen so far.

The new formation is ace - maybe the upcoming JT replacement should just be someone who can work on the understanding between Ings and Watkins. :jangel:

Still think 5th - 8th is a reasonable bet. We'll still have the odd blip but also have the players to recover. We're above Arsenal, Spurs and Leeds in spite of our stuttering start. With our squad depth I think we can get through the Xmas log-jam without getting too tired.

we've therefore drawn 1 more game than at this stage last season. Our next 4 games: Spurs, Wolves, Arsenal, West Ham - difficult series of games but should inform us where we are as a team and whether our end of season predictions will stand up.

Compared to even last year though thats 4 winnable games, difficult and I doubt expect much more than 6 ot 7pts. But, we could easily come out with 12.

I also think its crazy that the most difficult-looking game there is West Ham.

Looking at our first 6 fixtures at the start of the season I'd have been happy with 10 points from those games.

I would have expected us to win the first 3, draw with Everton and lose to Chelsea and United.

So although the way we got there was surprising with the win at United, 10 points from those first 6 games is a very good return.

We're currently averaging 1.66 points per game.

Last season we averaged 1.44 points per game.

So we're bang on course if our aim is to do better than last season.

Not sure why peope look so closely at fixtures and analyse and try and predict results.

Not surprised at all we only got one point from Watford and Brentford early in the season. Not surprised we have got a couple of unexpected results (wins) . Well actually one unexpected win is all it is really. It really is a thing in this league. Especially early doors in the season

I mean after Brentford the usuals were predicting zero points for this next set of games .:shrug:

Brentford was always going to be tricky at the start of the season. Look at some of the other results they've got from teams...We'll beat them next time I'm pretty confident of that, but this next set of games will be tough. We could easily win them all but we could also lose so i'll take 6 points from them and not be too disheartened from that.

Not sure why peope look so closely at fixtures and analyse and try and predict results.

Not surprised at all we only got one point from Watford and Brentford early in the season. Not surprised we have got a couple of unexpected results (wins) . Well actually one unexpected win is all it is really. It really is a thing in this league. Especially early doors in the season

I mean after Brentford the usuals were predicting zero points for this next set of games .:shrug:
That's why I don't do the prediction league, if I could predict football results I'd be a billionaire

That's why I don't do the prediction league, if I could predict football results I'd be a billionaire
The prize is only £25 vouchers at Mothercare (do they even exist any more?), so it'll take you a few years to become a football club owner :lol:

I predict secure in the knowledge that I don't have a scooby-doo. Then again, most of my posts could be summed up that way.

I predict we'll come somewhere between 1st and 20th....FACT (as some like to say 😉)
Nostredamus eat your heart out :Fingers: