Where Will We Finish Season 21/22 | Page 14 | Vital Football

Where Will We Finish Season 21/22

We go into the new season with our strongest squad for many seasons. So where will we finish.

• Champions

• 2nd - 4th

• 5th - 8th

• 9th - 12th

• Below 12th

• Relegated

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mom said I'd go blind if I gave it a rub! 😎
I've been rubbing mine for years, hasn't done me any harm
blind-eye-bulge.gif

I've been rubbing mine for years, hasn't done me any harm
blind-eye-bulge.gif
I'm sorry but you're on the Rspca helpline, but whilst you're here there's been some reports of spanking the monkey and flogging the dolphin. Oh and the Vatican would like a word about a bashing of the Bishop they're concerned about.

It's a bit early in the season to know where we are but I've a few thoughts I'd like people's opinion on.
Obviously we think [on a brief cameo] that Bailey looks like the real deal but other than that what has changed?
Ings has a proven pedigree but one of his 2 goals was a penalty so still has to prove he fits in.

The rest of team are essentially last year's team so what has changed?
Defence?
Martinez was and is excellent
Konsa is a future great
Mings is Mings
Targett has gone backwards but Young is a step up as cover
So has Cash really stepped up or is this basically still just last year's defence with a possible formation change bringing in Hause or Axel?

Midfield
Is Luiz more like the player we thought we had when we feared Man City taking him off us?
Is Super John the fit all energy super we thought united might buy? I do think injuries & covid reduced his effectiveness last season
Has Ramsey established himself as a better option than the Barkley we THOUGHT we had ?

Up front
Watkins hasn't yet hit the heights but he is still the same all energy player and goals will come
The Ings partnersip isn't quite working, can it do so?
Grealish has gone and Traore seems to have lost his place to the back 3 system

What I'm asking really is whether people think we have a better team than last year [the United victory & Chelsea performance] or are more likely to struggle without YKW?

Jury’s still out. Think it’s still too early to make an informed judgement, but the signs are there.

They, (whoever they are) say necessity is the mother of invention. There’s no more get the ball to YKW and hope for the best. We look a far more balanced team now and everyone seems to know what’s expected of them, and so far they’ve all risen to the challenge, long may it continue.
When the newcomers are all fit and have settled in, who knows what we might be capable of.

Brian Little’s best season 63pts and 4th
John Gregory best season 58pts and 6th
MON best season 64pts and 6th

If Dean can get more than 64pts (9 more than last season) then I would suggest that puts him on a par with our most successful seasons over the last 25 years. I don’t think it’s beyond us, but it will require some luck, lack of injuries and some very good football.

We are no more than a mid table prem team. I put that down to 2 things.... Mr Slow and not enough investment during the transfer window. We had a £100m surplus but did nothing with it. Replaced a world class player with a championship one, a sicknote and one at the end of his career.

Fair play to those who are so utterly convinced that everything will be ok. The absolute truth is that is no one whether fans or coaches know how this will go. Impossible to say with certainty. As 57 says we have lost an irreplaceable player and the player that everything was built around . It won’t be a case of clicking the fingers and everything will be ok. If only football was that simple and easy. Yes long term I can see that hopefully the over reliance on one player is bad and this is an opportunity but I don’t think that change will happen overnight and it’s job on to get through this quickly.

There is a reason why Abu Dhabi paid 100 million. There is a reason why the whole country was calling for Generic Jack to play at the euros. There is a reason why so many villa fans have bestowed so much praise on him and titled him the best they have seen. It is a huge blow and set back and one we will get over in time but we are weaker at the very least in the short term . If the 3 players in Ings, Buendia and Bailey are the replacements for Generic as Purslow said they are then one third is tested at this level , one third is untested and the last third got relegated last time he played in the premier league.

We need to make a couple more quality signings.

5th of August . This.

5th to 8th?. Shopping where we shop?.
This isn’t fifa 21. It’s real football life .

Last edited:
Says it all at the moment that the biggest highlight of the weekend will be not going into the break in the relegation zone.

BOO!!!!

Norwich are down and there are a coup[e of teams in the mix for relegation. Newcastle look to be the 2nd worst side but with St Max & Wilson fit they could pull away if they get the new manager bounce and buy well in January - I'm stating the obvious I know.
Watford, Burnley & Villa are the worst of the rest unless Brentford fall apart. I think Burnley are tougher than us so looks like 17th or 18th to me.
We need a big, tough commanding midfielder who can pass and head in January - it's not going to happen though is it.

I'm fear it's relegation

59% of this forum must be totally gutted this season and my 9-12th looks a bit optimistic too.
I think some were hoodwinked by the 3 replacements for JG and the bull shit from Purslow that we were stronger this season.
November and it's all Dean's fault erm possibly possibly the players aren't as good as we were lead to believe

Averaging 0.91 points per game , trajectory for 34 points .

I'd snap your hand off for 14th now

I personally had predicted a 12 to 17th finish based on the fact that we have been crap without Jack, and so far I have been right. Until we show that we aren't a one man team and have started developing an effective attacking style of play, I do not think we will be going beyond 12th at best, but surely likely to go below 17th !

I personally had predicted a 12 to 17th finish based on the fact that we have been crap without Jack, and so far I have been right. Until we show that we aren't a one man team and have started developing an effective attacking style of play, I do not think we will be going beyond 12th at best, but surely likely to go below 17th !
Weird as we aren't not scoring enough it's just defensively we've fallen apart. Maybe because we used to let Grealish do all the attacking from midfield whilst the others sat deep now we can't do that so they push up and get caught .