What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 65 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Not sure I'm going to manage to eat anything today, I've been ill all day. You lot are cooking some nice sounding stuff though!

First meal out for months. ScampI, chips and peas at a local pub. Pint of Abbot ale. Sitting in the sun.

I may be an English-hating leftie whinger, but it feels rather good. 😁

Went to the local cafe yesterday for lunch - supersized jacket spud with chilli and cheese and a ferocious black coffee (Turkish owned gaff. 'Nuff said). Feels great eating out again!!

Sunday roast today is beef, all trimmings plus a bottle of Aussie Shiraz Merlot. Mr Hither currently kitting up for a run to build up an appetite! :grinning:

I'm making some sweetcorn relish today. Love it on cold chicken/turkey sandwiches and don't seem to be able to get it easily these days.

That was my younger son's topping of choice on his kebab after nights out when in sixth form

Went to the local cafe yesterday for lunch - supersized jacket spud with chilli and cheese and a ferocious black coffee (Turkish owned gaff. 'Nuff said). Feels great eating out again!!

I'm really struggling with it. I've been into the chip shop, but to bring home fish and chips; and to the bar at the cricket club, but have taken the drinks straight outside. There's a local Italian restaurant I'm waiting to open to be the first to try - not my favourite bistro style, but roomy with high ceiling, and well spaced even before lock down - but it hasn't opened yet!

I'm really struggling with it. I've been into the chip shop, but to bring home fish and chips; and to the bar at the cricket club, but have taken the drinks straight outside. There's a local Italian restaurant I'm waiting to open to be the first to try - not my favourite bistro style, but roomy with high ceiling, and well spaced even before lock down - but it hasn't opened yet!

It's very much a individual call at the moment, I think, and a lot of variables (age, health, location, eating out options on offer) to consider. I hope you really enjoy your meal at the Italian when the right time comes! In the meantime, your takeaway choices have all sounded rather delicious - are you getting something today?

It's very much a individual call at the moment, I think, and a lot of variables (age, health, location, eating out options on offer) to consider. I hope you really enjoy your meal at the Italian when the right time comes! In the meantime, your takeaway choices have all sounded rather delicious - are you getting something today?

Yes, although the choice is now the same week on week (their "proper"restaurant now being open). Tonight it's blade of beef for Mrs S, and tomato and leek tart for me. Then she's having sticky toffee pudding with vanilla custard (though may save that for tomorrow!!), and I'm having elderflower and raspberry cheesecake (which I won't be saving)

Yes, although the choice is now the same week on week (their "proper"restaurant now being open). Tonight it's blade of beef for Mrs S, and tomato and leek tart for me. Then she's having sticky toffee pudding with vanilla custard (though may save that for tomorrow!!), and I'm having elderflower and raspberry cheesecake (which I won't be saving)
Elderflower and raspberry cheesecake sounds top notch! (Top nosh?)

I can recommend the sweetcorn relish. Changed the recipe slightly to replace caster sugar with brown sugar and honey and dropped the chilli for red pepper and plenty of black pepper.

All set off by a home-cooked chicken and Mrs Notty's delicious multi-seed wholemeal bread.